recently i've been really annoyed about people using "unalived themselves' instead of suicide

what the fuck is this?
I only see this in YouTube comments to circumvent censorship but before I realized this is the reason it made me so furious every time I read it. It shows that society develops backwards. Initially it was the mostly the church that propagated self censorship and Straight talk was an act of liberation.

AL sama

Red Haired
Learn to read. Y'all complain way too much. You don't want trans women to be called women but you also don't want a distinction to be made between trans people and others.
Like, make up your minds😂
Plus, idk what it's like in Bangladesh but there's no need for you guys to imitate American / west European developments. Accept that the cis/trans thing is a western phenomenon and do with it whatever you want.
I just wasted my time explaining

I forgot you're sols
Post automatically merged:

Because of censorship. Saying it on YouTube gets you demonetized. On other platforms it can range from post restrictions, getting links to suicide support lines, and flat out bans. People avoid it due to potential consequences.
many people can get away with everything on youtube tbh

what part of this, made you think i was talking about millionaires?
You have stats on regular hardworking people who lose careers and jobs massively because they choosed to say something oppressive on social medias ?

so why would they popularize those terms

i don't get it lmao
I just explained it to you

>>

In an ideal world, there would be no need to talk about Cis or trans people.

BUT

We live in a world where trans people are oppressed. So to talk about said oppression, we need to make the distinction between cis and trans people.

It's not when you realize how shallow people who engage in politics are.

For example is someone says they're leftist, I can easily assume that

They're pro palestine, 1 state solution

They dislike Democrats

Their instincts is to dislike anything america does globally

pro LGBT, sometimes to the point of absurdity

feminist

etc,
Just logical things. Just like you can say the same things for apolitics, liberals and conservatist.

That's what I talked about yesterday. There are political conflict that are linked together. So what you are describing, are not shallow leftist, but coherent ones. (also, not all leftist are for a 1 state solution)

What is more problematic on the other hand, are people who have completely contradictory principles and values.

There are a lot of those people here hehe

I'm assuming that the trans debate here has come up because of that Olympic boxer?

I don't know whether she should be allowed to compete but I do know this isn't a case of transgenderism, it's actually illegal in her country to be as such. She was born with female genitalia, but has XY chromosomes.

To me, that is actually a very complicated situation, because it was only in the last 30 or so years that anyone would have even referred to her as a man. Much less in her own country.

I'm assuming that the trans debate here has come up because of that Olympic boxer?

I don't know whether she should be allowed to compete but I do know this isn't a case of transgenderism, it's actually illegal in her country to be as such. She was born with female genitalia, but has XY chromosomes.

To me, that is actually a very complicated situation, because it was only in the last 30 or so years that anyone would have even referred to her as a man. Much less in her own country.
I didn't know about that...hum...

No lol.

It came because I once posted this on the 21th page of this forum:

>>
As no one is talking, let me grab the conversation for a moment. #ThePostThatStartedTheWar

So you all know that "Hogwarts Legacy" (the Harry Potter Universe's game) is coming up soon on february 10.

While I won't say to you "do not buy the game" (for reasons I will developp later) as you are all entitle to your opinions and choices of freetime, I think it's important to replace this game into its context.

First you must know one thing: People who worked on the game have already been paid. What you might not know on the other hand is that some people will receive money from copyright ownership. In short, the more the game will be sold, the more the money going to them. And among those people is - you guessed it - J K Rowling. Now I will talk about J K Rowling later but I want to talk about another subject first as I will try to be as inclusive as I can on this subject I will start at the basics:

Do you know who Transgender people are ?

It's okay if you don't, until a few years ago, I was completely oblivious to them and their struggles. First, a bit of basic:

As you may have understood here. It's important to separate sex and gender as those notion are scientifically and sociologically different.

Now, what being a Transgender really means ? I won't explain it to you, I will let Trans people tell you all about it:

From a science approach:

To a sociological approach:

It's important to understand that being Transgender is NOT a mental illness.

Therefore, all transgender people are VALID. They ALL deserve the same rights as Cisgender People. They deserve the same right as you and me.

-----

What is important here, is to understand that Trans people are DISCRIMINATED and OPPRESSED by our differents societies:

For diverse act of violence against trans people:

To people who are trying to criminilize Trans communities or those who help them through moral panics:

https://youtu.be/6r-Uga_oR28

https://youtu.be/oAeKAJFrb0w

https://youtu.be/ErRmflBW4Zk

-----

This is where we need to talk about J K Rowling.

You see J K Rowling is now an well know anti Trans activist. She is what we call a "TERF", "a Trans-exclusionary radical feminist". "A person whose views on gender identity are considered hostile to transgender people, or who opposes social and political policies designed to be inclusive of transgender people."

https://youtu.be/_GBUArD51KY?t=817

Terf are known to be transphobe, this is not a news. But what is starting to become more concerning is the fact that this transphobe ideology (and JK Rowling as well as her followers) is starting to flirt with really DARK movements: the alt-right and fascist kinds.

(This following one is actually quite horrific)

https://youtu.be/Ou_xvXJJk7k

https://youtu.be/XyODMw6Xm-8

------

This is where WE can have an influence:

You see, by refusing to finance those people, we are actually lessening the probabilities of those dark transphobes ideology to be shared. That's why it's important to understand where your money will go once you buy property owned by those type of people.

https://youtu.be/rdfNQIOIReU

This is not a thread meant to culpabilize you. You would be completely legitimate to buy a game like Hogward Legacy, after all it looks like a cool game and I would LOVE to play it also.. but...

At least, you have the context.

While it might be the best Harry Potter game. Buying that game, is beneficial to the anti trans politics.

Now, You have all the informations to make a good choice.

I didn't know about that...hum...
Well I've been trying to spread it around a bit because I think this situation is one that people could actually have a nuanced discussion about and come together for a solution. Usually with the trans debate everything is pretty cut and dry, it comes down to people simply having a different outlook on life. But this situation is about intersex so it might be possible to reach an agreement.

I mean there's a decent chance that it wasn't even diagnosed until she was a teenager and there were complications with puberty.

Well I've been trying to spread it around a bit because I think this situation is one that people could actually have a nuanced discussion about and come together for a solution. Usually with the trans debate everything is pretty cut and dry, it comes down to people simply having a different outlook on life. But this situation is about intersex so it might be possible to reach an agreement.

I mean there's a decent chance that it wasn't even diagnosed until she was a teenager and there were complications with puberty.
Basically,its a dude that was born with a vagina. His body and biochemistry is that of a male, so he should compete with the other guys.

In an ideal world, there would be no need to talk about Cis or trans people. BUT We live in a world where trans people are oppressed. So to talk about said oppression, we need to make the distinction between cis and trans people.
Do you remember the link about the town with multiple genders that I shared some weeks ago?
What's wrong with keeping the cis/trans distinction? Fitting trans people in the same box as non trans people only reinforces the binary norm.
No, the trans debate is this thread's main topic, logiko doesn't allow anything else.
She was born with female genitalia, but has XY chromosomes.

To me, that is actually a very complicated situation, because it was only in the last 30 or so years that anyone would have even referred to her as a man. Much less in her own country
This. The definitions of men and women have already changed with the advancements in biology.

Do you remember the link about the town with multiple genders that I shared some weeks ago?
Yes vaguely

What's wrong with keeping the cis/trans distinction?
Nothing wrong with it.

I just hope that sometime, we won't have to use it. Simply because it would mean that there would be no difference of treatments between Trans and Cis people

Now, what is problematic on the other hand is to refuse to call a trans woman a woman. This shows that people don't recognize said trans woman as a legitimate woman. Since gender is the only thing that count here.

Fitting trans people in the same box as non trans people only reinforces the binary norm.
Hm no. People are in the same box as other people in term of gender identity, they are simply called trans because were assignated the wrong gender at birth and "transitionned". But there is no difference in term of gender identity.

In term of gender identity, a trans woman and a woman are the same. Same for trans men and men.

No, the trans debate is this thread's main topic, logiko doesn't allow anything else.
Don't worry, it's about to change.

I just hope that sometime, we won't have to use it. Simply because it would mean that there would be no difference of treatments between Trans and Cis people
Why is that a bad thing tho?

But there is no difference in term of gender identity.
Yes and you speak for all trans and gender diverse people🙄like always you're the sole authority

Don't worry, it's about to change.
Oh boy, can we finally talk about our favorite historical politicians?

Why is that a bad thing tho?
It's not a bad thing. Being Cis or trans are not problems.

Yes and you speak for all trans and gender diverse people🙄like always you're the sole authority
I'm specifically speaking about trans people who transition from one gender to another, not non binary people in general.

And no, I'm not speaking for all of them, I'm simply repeating what ALL trans are saying. No, if you know trans people who don't care to be called a man when they identify as a woman, present them to me, but they will be hard to find.

Oh boy, can we finally talk about our favorite historical politicians?
You will do whatever you want to do.

You said:''I just hope that sometime, we won't have to use it. Simply because it would mean that there would be no difference of treatments between Trans and Cis people ''
Make up your mind fluffy
"I hope we won't have to have hospîtals one day.." Does not mean hospitals are bad lol

Btw when does Carrot join?
No idea.

If you don't see her in the next 50 chapters, probably never. If you see her, probably at the end of Elbaf.