Manga Discussion Fairy Tail

New Fairy Tail episode was great!
I only wish we would get more extended scenes of some fights.

For some reason animation feels shitier than fairy tail 2014. :sanmoji:

Or maybe It's just me
Imo the animation is better than 2014. :choppawhat:

But I wish we could get the one of the first season again from 2009.
2009 animation had much better colors, or rather the colors were stronger plus we had the magic circles, I really loved them.

Plus the Osts were better too.

But I wish we could get the one of the first season again from 2009.
Yea I Know right. They more or less skipped the magic circles so many times after that.

Imo the animation is better than 2014.
I don't know. Maybe I'm just nostalgic towards it.
Cuz I binged watched 2009 one and watched 2014 one while it aired. It was pretty fresh and straight out of time skip.

Well I think the animation of the current season can still be a little bit better and the osts too. It's good but still....I don't know I miss something? But not only FT most of the animes I watched the last few years were not so "good" like the old ones from 15 years ago.

Everything feels rushed imo. Thats something I hate the most about curent animes, since the time they stopped making fillers, most new animes feel rushed, everything happens exactly like in the manga without extended scenes, filler scenes or changes. I will never understand why people hate fillers so much lol. I know some fillers and some filler arcs were annoying but imo sometimes they were also really great and made some fight better than in the manga and I miss this in current animes.

The newest episode was EP11 and we are already in the middle of the Aldoron arc.

I really wish in this case they would put some filler episodes with adventure on the continent between the locations of the DG or at least extend some scenes and fights so that we can have more of that.

Example: how long were the fights between the Team and Mercphobia or Natsu vs Gajeel? The battle against Merphobia was maybe only 15 min long? And that against Gajeel less than 5 min lol. These are not fights anymore.

I remember the times when fights were some episodes long or at least one full episode. Like the battle between Erza and Azuma. Or the battles against the Espadas from Bleach.

The same case with other animes too btw.

What I also notice is that the osts of the new season are too quite like in the new bleach anime too :(

Well I think the animation of the current season can still be a little bit better and the osts too. It's good but still....I don't know I miss something? But not only FT most of the animes I watched the last few years were not so "good" like the old ones from 15 years ago.
That was also my problem with the last season of the orginal Fairy tail anime.
The spriggan arc was to fast, rushed, to many chapters been added.
And they make the same mistake with 100year quest again...

They rush the entire anime, they should just add 2-3chapters per each episode...

That was also my problem with the last season of the orginal Fairy tail anime.
The spriggan arc was to fast, rushed, to many chapters been added.
And they make the same mistake with 100year quest again...

They rush the entire anime, they should just add 2-3chapters per each episode...
Yep, I agree. 2-3 chapters per episode plus some filler/extend scenes and it would be much better.

The last season with the spriggans was so bad. I really hate it how they rushed it.

They got rid of those? At what point? I only saw the first arc of the anime back when it aired. Unironically one of the reasons I didn't watch more.
Yeah sadly :/
They got rid of it after the first season so after episode 175. With episode 176 the second season (Fairy Tail 2014) started and since then they never used it again.

New chapter

https://cubari.moe/read/imgur/100yq-ch-168-yQvSzko/1/1/

@Cross_Marian @Jaguark101 @Tyki_Mikk @GodofDarkness @Steven @Yoho @Nightlord101 @Topi Jerami @Moegara @V Runcandel @RayanOO @MUUGEN etc

Jaguark101

"Dreams are Messages from the Deep"
‎‎
Yep, I agree. 2-3 chapters per episode plus some filler/extend scenes and it would be much better.

The last season with the spriggans was so bad. I really hate it how they rushed it.

They got rid of it after the first season so after episode 175. With episode 176 the second season (Fairy Tail 2014) started and since then they never used it again.

New chapter

@Cross_Marian @Jaguark101 @Tyki_Mikk @GodofDarkness @Steven @Yoho @Nightlord101 @Topi Jerami @Moegara @V Runcandel @RayanOO @MUUGEN etc
Good Chapter! Giant Lucy was fun!

Yoho

✌𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓢𝓲𝓶𝓹𝓵𝓲𝓬𝓲𝓽𝔂 𝓸𝓯 𝓛𝓲𝓯𝓮✌

New chapter

Lucy's come a long way from being a damsel in distress heavily reliant on everyone around her to body slamming dragons

New chapter

Great chapter.
I swear Brandish is build different.
I realize how lucky Fairy tail was during the last arc. Let be honest without plot armor they would get rekt by the spriggans. Girl is insane strong.

Yoho

✌𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓢𝓲𝓶𝓹𝓵𝓲𝓬𝓲𝓽𝔂 𝓸𝓯 𝓛𝓲𝓯𝓮✌
Great chapter.
I realize how lucky Fairy tail was during the last arc. Let be honest without plot armor they would get rekt by the spriggans. Girl is insane strong.
100% her and Lucy becoming friends is what saved them, cause who could of possibly dealt with her?

Great chapter.
Without the plot most of the S12 would have won the fights.

100% her and Lucy becoming friends is what saved them, cause who could of possibly dealt with her?
No one, maybe only Gildarts, thats the reason why most of the S12 were defeated with the help of plot.

What do you think about next Match ups?

Next will for sure
Natsu - Ignia
Erza - one of the God dragon
Gray - one of the god dragon
Wendy - one of the god dragon
I think we are not done with the Merc part tbh.
I believe next chapter one of F&F or one of the demons will appear.

But if we are really done with Merc part then I believe we will see Aldoron next and I think that will be Grays part.

Natsu is after Ignia
Wendy is after Selene?
Erza is after Viernes?
Gray is after Aldoron?

I think this will be the main battles in the next few parts. :choppawhat:

Natsu is after Ignia
Wendy is after Selene?
Erza is after Viernes?
Gray is after Aldoron?
What power ups can we expect
:pepebusi:
- For me , More Fire dragon secret attacks for natsu
- I really have no clue what path erza can take
- Wendy might be able control more of Irene powers
- Gray , Immense control over Ice making like he commented on Ash dragon slayer. Or maybe finally we get something for Ice devil slayer magic. This shit is totally forgotten.

What power ups can we expect
:pepebusi:
- For me , More Fire dragon secret attacks for natsu
- I really have no clue what path erza can take
- Wendy might be able control more of Irene powers
- Gray , Immense control over Ice making like he commented on Ash dragon slayer. Or maybe finally we get something for Ice devil slayer magic. This shit is totally forgotten.
I think Wendy will use some new enchantments and probably team up with Haku or another one of Diabolos.

Gray will use his devilslayer magic again, I am sure he will fight agains the fire maker of F&F and the female demon.

Erza will probably shown another armour, maybe she will get a power up from the gold of Viernes?

Natsu I think he will either turn into a dragon too or turn into a demon?

Gildarts had his hands full with August
True and even his won against August was thanks to the plot.

But what I meant, Gildarts was probably the only one who could battle the Spriggans in a 1 vs 1 battle or at least some of them.

True and even his won against August was thanks to the plot.

But what I meant, Gildarts was probably the only one who could battle the Spriggans in a 1 vs 1 battle or at least some of them.
Spriggans is a very vague title.
Some were fodder like Sand guy and at the same time we had irene and august. They fuckin moved the continent and what not. Scale is absolutely huge.

Oh, well, Merc is already done for. I guess these dragonized people are not as strong as a dragon yet, or they wouldn't be such fodders compared to Brandish. She can literally just crush them by the thousands without dragon slaying magic. They seemed like a bigger menace when they were chasing Lucy around recently.

The panel of Lucy growing big inside Merc's mouth looks like she's growing against his pointy, sharp fangs but they didn't even scratch her skin so I guess her durability is above a full powered dragon god's bite. I also guess "hitting something with the body of a dragon" = "using a dragon's power" in this verse.

Next chapter a wizard from the evil third faction will arrive, Lucy will deal with it using Aquarius and Brandish will be convinced to leave the key to her. A subordinate of Ignia may also show up to further mess things up for the heroes. So a few chapters before we move to the next dragon god.

I hope the remaining dragon god encounters don't follow the same pattern as this one.

Spriggans is a very vague title.
Some were fodder like Sand guy and at the same time we had irene and august. They fuckin moved the continent and what not. Scale is absolutely huge.
Yeah, August and Irene were monsters compared to the rest of the group, who as we can see with Brandish, are in turn still monsters compared to the rest of the cast.

But even sand guy had a good hax, huge feats and a magic pool supposedly similar to Brandish' and was defeated by plot, though.

He was basically a pre-TS Crocodile with no weakness to water (since his power wasn't avoiding damage by turning to sand, but to absorb the water of everything instantly like Crocodile does through the palm of his hand) yet he was somehow defeated by a sword made of water, the literal one thing he had total immunity to.

Yeah, August and Irene were monsters compared to the rest of the group, who as we can see with Brandish, are in turn still monsters compared to the rest of the cast.

But even sand guy had a good hax, huge feats and a magic pool supposedly similar to Brandish' and was defeated by plot, though.

He was basically a pre-TS Crocodile with no weakness to water (since his power wasn't avoiding damage by turning to sand, but to absorb the water of everything instantly like Crocodile does through the palm of his hand) yet he was somehow defeated by a sword made of water, the literal one thing he had total immunity to.
I thought I could expect something from The Winter Mage because Ice Devil slayer was made to destroy END and it IDS magic should equivalent or superioe but Winter mage was disappointing. They made it a gray x Juvia chapter. (Not complaining about it though , It was nice) but I think limiting strength to just irene and august was nonsense.
They had so much potential ,
- The guy who fought Laxus.
- God slayer among them
- winter mage
- larcade

Yoho

✌𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓢𝓲𝓶𝓹𝓵𝓲𝓬𝓲𝓽𝔂 𝓸𝓯 𝓛𝓲𝓯𝓮✌
Oh, well, Merc is already done for. I guess these dragonized people are not as strong as a dragon yet, or they wouldn't be such fodders compared to Brandish. She can literally just crush them by the thousands without dragon slaying magic. They seemed like a bigger menace when they were chasing Lucy around recently.

The panel of Lucy growing big inside Merc's mouth looks like she's growing against his pointy, sharp fangs but they didn't even scratch her skin so I guess her durability is above a full powered dragon god's bite. I also guess "hitting something with the body of a dragon" = "using a dragon's power" in this verse.

Next chapter a wizard from the evil third faction will arrive, Lucy will deal with it using Aquarius and Brandish will be convinced to leave the key to her. A subordinate of Ignia may also show up to further mess things up for the heroes. So a few chapters before we move to the next dragon god.

I hope the remaining dragon god encounters don't follow the same pattern as this one.

He wasn't defeated by the water sword, Bisca shot him with the Jupiter canon and then Erza finished him of with the Yatagami armor

Pretty much all the Spriggans took a team effort to take down

Ajeel- Erza with assist from Bisca

Dimaria- Wendy, Chelia with assist from Ultear

Wahl- Laxus with assist from thunder god tribe

August- Cana and Gildarts teamed up against

Irene- Wendy and Erza team up

Neinheart- Erza, Jellal and Kagura

Larcade- Sting, Kagura and Yukino

Bloodman vs Gajeel and Levy

Invel- Gray and Juvia, Juvia's apparent death giving Gray a rage boost

Only Spriggan that wasn't defeated by team effort was God Serena who got one shot by Acnologia and Brandish who became friends with Lucy and no longer had a reason to fight them

I thought I could expect something from The Winter Mage because Ice Devil slayer was made to destroy END and it IDS magic should equivalent or superioe but Winter mage was disappointing. They made it a gray x Juvia chapter. (Not complaining about it though , It was nice) but I think limiting strength to just irene and august was nonsense.
They had so much potential ,
- The guy who fought Laxus.
- God slayer among them
- winter mage
- larcade
That guy and the cyborg who fought Laxus are definitely the worst offenders.

The second one is Dimaria? She was supposed to be even stronger than a god slayer as she could literally "become" the god of time... I'm fine with her, she was also defeated through plot.

They needed:
- A walking plot device in the form of Ultear to even move in her presence.
- A special spell that's the equivalent of the Marvel Super Soldier Serum used on a God Slayer, whose magic is literally anti-Dimaria (as "she was a goddess").
- Ultimately END inexplicably being immune to her time magic just because "he's that badass".

The treatment of her was disappointingly quick, but she's a monster.