Controversial Whats a theory that you agreed with that crashed and burned?

Yoho

โœŒ๐“ฃ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ข๐“ฒ๐“ถ๐“น๐“ต๐“ฒ๐“ฌ๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐”‚ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐“›๐“ฒ๐“ฏ๐“ฎโœŒ
โ€Ž
Where's "What's a popular theory that you agreed with that crashed and burned" thread? :josad:
Credit to @zzShinichi for the idea

Hmmm for me Bonney being related to big mom theory made all kinds of sense

Both have the same pink color asethic, both have the food theme, both well known pirates.

It all just made sense to me, then wabam space jam Ginny shows up

Iโ€™ve never believed in a theory more than I did zkk in wano lol I rode that baby all the way down to its watery wano grave, had my profile pic changed, and now I await for oda to bring kaido back for zoro to handle his business. I for one and I know Iโ€™m gonna sound crazy but I trust that oda did not put all that Zoro and kaido stuff in wano for no reason, it will happen but we were too soon and jumped the gun itโ€™s the luffy show first.

Iโ€™ve never believed in a theory more than I did zkk in wano lol I rode that baby all the way down to its watery wano grave, had my profile pic changed, and now I await for oda to bring kaido back for zoro to handle his business. I for one and I know Iโ€™m gonna sound crazy but I trust that oda did not put all that Zoro and kaido stuff in wano for no reason, it will happen but we were too soon and jumped the gun itโ€™s the luffy show first.
I ain't trying to rain on your parade, but it's like @nik87 said, if Lolda insists on bringing Kaido back somehow just to have Zoro kill him for some reason, that still won't qualify as ZKK.

After all, it will be no different from a throwaway fight like Zoro vs Lucci.

And at that point, cutting down a dragon like Kaido will no longer be that impressive a feat for Zoro, anyway.

:handsup:

BM betraying Kaido after the all those hints
Yeah, the pervasive idea that pirate alliances are doomed to end in betrayal really went nowhere in Wano. I understand that it could be a set-up to explain what happened to the Rocks Pirates themselves, but it'd have been interesting to have a little sneak peek either with Kaido and BM, or even with our main alliance of Luffy-Law-Kidd.

Kidd using the giant Sword of Onigashima.

Lol at us thinking Oda was even remotely intrested in that detail and wasn't Just background shit for him.

Yeah, the pervasive idea that pirate alliances are doomed to end in betrayal really went nowhere in Wano. I understand that it could be a set-up to explain what happened to the Rocks Pirates themselves, but it'd have been interesting to have a little sneak peek either with Kaido and BM, or even with our main alliance of Luffy-Law-Kidd.
Yeah, It was someting that not came directly from PH (Robin said It), then Doflamingo at DR and then Kaido and BM repeated that concept almost obsessively.
Not only that, but there was a phrase from Perospero that was like "we are really allies with Kaido now?", at which BM replayed "don't worry, I still have my plans". It seemed super clear and still went nowhere.

I get It was for the Rocks, but It was 1000 to 1 as far as foreshadowing goes.

Kidd using the giant Sword of Onigashima.

Lol at us thinking Oda was even remotely intrested in that detail and wasn't Just background shit for him.

Yeah, It was someting that not came directly from PH (Robin said It), then Doflamingo at DR and then Kaido and BM repeated that concept almost obsessively.
Not only that, but there was a phrase from Perospero that was like "we are really allies with Kaido now?", at which BM replayed "don't worry, I still have my plans". It seemed super clear and still went nowhere.

I get It was for the Rocks, but It was 1000 to 1 as far as foreshadowing goes.
Man I completely forgot about the giant sword. That would have been epic as hell lol

Man I completely forgot about the giant sword. That would have been epic as hell lol
Kidd's fruit could have been one of the coolest of the manga, surely one with a lot of possibilities, and instead got only the most bacisc, and tbh lame, usage.

The sword would have been great but yeah, better using some metal scraps lol.
Truth to be told, this should be a teaching moment: 99 out of 100 times Oda just puts things there becuase he likes them. He doesn't think at all about them or has any plan about them. We saw a giant sword seemingly out of place and though "what a hint, surely he wants to use it in some way". In fact, probably Oda just tought "we are in the samurai saga; why don't I put a random giant sword in the Island of the villain ?! Soo cool".
He probably has never had any idea at all about actually using It.

Then there si that one time out of 100 in which he actually put there something to be used after.

Kidd's fruit could have been one of the coolest of the manga, surely one with a lot of possibilities, and instead got only the most bacisc, and tbh lame, usage.

The sword would have been great but yeah, better using some metal scraps lol.
Truth to be told, this should be a teaching moment: 99 out of 100 times Oda just puts things there becuase he likes them. He doesn't think at all about them or has any plan about them. We saw a giant sword seemingly out of place and though "what a hint, surely he wants to use it in some way". In fact, probably Oda just tought "we are in the samurai saga; why don't I put a random giant sword in the Island of the villain ?! Soo cool".
He probably has never had any idea at all about actually using It.

Then there si that one time out of 100 in which he actually put there something to be used after.
It's a fool me twice type of thing, and we manage to fall for it way more than twice.
We did the same thing with the light gloves, believing they'd be used to hurt Kizaru or beat him, but nope, Chekhov's Gun just isn't a thing to Oda.
Though like you said sometimes he really does follow through on it, like the Minks not being able to look at the moon thing being brought back and properly explained in WCI (though that's more like foreshadowing).