Of course I understood but it was some funny wording, considering that they've been trying to kill him twice or thrice already. By the way, I see that you often like judging people on their English skills, perhaps I should tell you that no-one cares about your colonialist language.
It is a common political term. It ain’t a funny way to say it since it is a common expression among political junkies in the United States. And spare me with your fake colonialism grievances.

Also you couldn’t be more wrong. The fact that we’re both communicating in English despite neither of us having any sort of English ancestry is proof enough that you care about the language, you literally have no choice since barely anyone speaks Italian outside of Italy.

you said you've more interesting things to do

in response I said sure

and now you're crying

so yeah sure whatever fam
Ok, bro, since you insist in replying with covert baits(aka girly tatics) instead of speaking up your mind like a grown ass man i will just stop replying to you altogether.
Just keep in mind i never started any beef with you in particular. It's you who are salty over shit that never concerned you to begin with.
Too bad we can't ignore moderators. Enjoy your night, sir. Don't bother quotting me again cause you will get 0 replies.
Of course I understood but it was some funny wording, considering that they've been trying to kill him twice or thrice already. By the way, I see that you often like judging people on their English skills, perhaps I should tell you that no-one cares about your colonialist language.
I don't mean to be an instigator or asshole,but...i giggled a bit reading your comment cause you come from a colonial background yourself. You know..Roman Empire...Latin...
I like the way english sounds btw.

I work for a company that helps supply weapons to, among other countries, Israel.

Im also involved in a bunch of Jewish organizations and several of the people I interact with in these orgs are professional pro-Israel propagandists. Others who aren’t propagandists are ardent supporters of the war. They keep telling me that “Israel needs to do this” and that it will somehow lead to peace.

Not everyone in these orgs are bad, I met tons of great people. But every time Israel comes up, I always just let them go off about how the war is a necessity, and keep my thoughts to myself. I want to be part of the community and I don’t want to say something that will make people dislike me.

This stuff has been bothering me for quite some time and I don’t think I can handle it anymore.

I feel like I’m legit complicit in a genocide. Like those Germans who looked the other way when the Holocaust happened.

Idk if I’ll really go through with it. But I feel like I need to get a new job and find new friends.
Dude, religion is not where you seek for a community or friends. Religion=religare=reconnecting to god. Joining a religion means you found your way to reach out to god. I would think a 1000x before joining a religion that requires of me to undergo a surgery. If you want friends, find something you a interested in and join a community of people that are into that stuff. Just my 2 cents. Good luck, you are not a bad guy. There are assholes lurking around here , but you are not one of them.

Last edited:
It is a common political term. It ain’t a funny way to say it since it is a common expression among political junkies in the United States. And spare me with your fake colonialism grievances.

Also you couldn’t be more wrong. The fact that we’re both communicating in English despite neither of us having any sort of English ancestry is proof enough that you care about the language, you literally have no choice since barely anyone speaks Italian outside of Italy.
How is it proof of anything? I was forced to learn it because of the Anglo-American world dominance, otherwise I wouldn't have bothered. Talking to foreigners is also not a physical need so I wouldn't need it and I'd probably be investing my time in more constructive hobbies. Or I could communicate with people from communities whose languages I voluntarily learned.
Post automatically merged:

I don't mean to be an instigator or asshole,but...i giggled a bit reading your comment cause you come from a colonial background yourself. You know..Roman Empire...Latin...
I like the way english sounds btw.
Those times are long gone. But another reason not to learn the colonial language from a former colony.
Dude, religion is not where you seek for a community or friends. Religion=religare=reconnecting to god. Joining a religion means you found your way to reach out to god. I would think a 1000x before joining a religion that requires of me to undergo a surgery. If you want friends, find something you a interested in and join a community of people that are into that stuff. Just my 2 cents. Good luck, you are not a bad guy. There are assholes lurking around here , but you are not one of them.
Religare was the etymology given by Lactantius I think but it is more likely from relegere=gather as Cicero says.

Last edited:
How is it proof of anything? I was forced to learn it because of the Anglo-American world dominance, otherwise I wouldn't have bothered. Talking to foreigners is also not a physical need so I wouldn't need it and I'd probably be investing my time in more constructive hobbies. Or I could communicate with people from communities whose languages I voluntarily learned.

Those times are long gone. But another reason not to learn the colonial language from a former colony.

Religare was the etymology given by Lactantius I think but it is more likely from relegere=gather as Cicero says.
I was just joking there , don't take it too seriously. I was always taught by priests that "Religião" comes from the latin word Religare.

It is kind of funny how people who hate foreigners such as yourself can’t help but to interact with them all the time. If you don’t think interacting with foreigners is worth your time then you should stop doing so.
Perhaps you are also not that good at English because I have never said I don't enjoy spending my time with foreigners.
I was just joking there , don't take it too seriously. I was always taught by priests that "Religião" comes from the latin word Religare.
It's one of the hypotheses.

Honestly it’s not even the community that’s the issue. The community is awesome. There are a ton of great people there, many who hate Netanyahu and everything he’s doing.

I think my issue is just with specific individuals. Like there’s this one guy who’s really nice to me and he’s tbh a really good friend. But the dude’s also a very vocal supporter of the war.

I don’t really care what people believe on a personal level. But I feel like I’m violating my principles when I have to listen to someone go on about how the war is for the greater good, and I just need to be silent about it because if I suggest israel could be doing a genocide, I might offend someone.

I don’t think I need to walk away from a community/religion that I tbh enjoy

but I think I ought to stop being silent about the war out of fear that people won’t like me. Next time I’ll just tell them how I feel and if that makes people not like me, oh well.

It’d rather lose friends than support gross war crimes and possibly genocide.

Last edited:
I think I’m kinda fucked job-wise tho. There’s no truly moral company and I can’t just quit my job right now.

I’ll look into other options. I did want to work for NASA, and only got into weapons because NASA does collaborate with American defense contractors.

Until then I suppose that while I am complicit in the war due to my work, every American also kinda is. It’s our tax money that funds Israel to push the war. It’s the inevitable condition of being American.

Maybe I’ll volunteer. At least then I can say I did something.

This is how I view this section :milaugh:

I think I’m kinda fucked job-wise tho. There’s no truly moral company and I can’t just quit my job right now.

I’ll look into other options. I did want to work for NASA, and only got into weapons because NASA does collaborate with American defense contractors.

Until then I suppose that while I am complicit in the war due to my work, every American also kinda is. It’s our tax money that funds Israel to push the war. It’s the inevitable condition of being American.

Maybe I’ll volunteer. At least then I can say I did something.
I worked with Polish military contractor that indirectly helped Ukraine war .

Am I good guy or bad guy ?

No you are doing for your pay cheque . War is complex subject I think it has been ingrained with human since birth of this universe it will never go away .

Honestly it’s not even the community that’s the issue. The community is awesome. There are a ton of great people there, many who hate Netanyahu and everything he’s doing.

I think my issue is just with specific individuals. Like there’s this one guy who’s really nice to me and he’s tbh a really good friend. But the dude’s also a very vocal supporter of the war.

I don’t really care what people believe on a personal level. But I feel like I’m violating my principles when I have to listen to someone go on about how the war is for the greater good, and I just need to be silent about it because if I suggest israel could be doing a genocide, I might offend someone.

I don’t think I need to walk away from a community/religion that I tbh enjoy

but I think I ought to stop being silent about the war out of fear that people won’t like me. Next time I’ll just tell them how I feel and if that makes people not like me, oh well.

It’d rather lose friends than support gross war crimes and possibly genocide.
When you start to voice out your real thoughts, you will make lots of enemies real quick. Give it a try and see if you will still enjoy the community and religion.

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
I work for a company that helps supply weapons to, among other countries, Israel.

Im also involved in a bunch of Jewish organizations and several of the people I interact with in these orgs are professional pro-Israel propagandists. Others who aren’t propagandists are ardent supporters of the war. They keep telling me that “Israel needs to do this” and that it will somehow lead to peace.

Not everyone in these orgs are bad, I met tons of great people. But every time Israel comes up, I always just let them go off about how the war is a necessity, and keep my thoughts to myself. I want to be part of the community and I don’t want to say something that will make people dislike me.

This stuff has been bothering me for quite some time and I don’t think I can handle it anymore.

I feel like I’m legit complicit in a genocide. Like those Germans who looked the other way when the Holocaust happened.

Idk if I’ll really go through with it. But I feel like I need to get a new job and find new friends.
As you probably know, I'm former military and currently a cop, and not once have I felt complicit in American Imperialism and abuse of power. No matter how much I dislike it, or if I never joined the force, it wouldn't make a difference. It would continue with or without me.

The opinions of your work associates/friends are in direct conflict with your personal values. You hate the genocide but the sad truth is, it doesn't change what's happening. You can protest, you can donate, you can quit your job, but it will not soak up the blood being spilled. There are people out here lighting themselves on fire in protest of the genocide, but it continues. Do you have to burn to death to not be complicit? Of course not.

The important thing about this is that you care. Even though you seemingly can't do anything about it, you still care and oppose the genocide. That is enough. It is proof that you are not complicit, and you shouldn't compromise your better values to fit in. You would just be unhappy, and what's the point of having those friends if all it does is make you feel bad and doubt yourself? I also personally don't recommend quitting your job until you have something else that secures your future, unless the work environmentis that bad. Once you do, leave the place.

When you start to voice out your real thoughts, you will make lots of enemies real quick. Give it a try and see if you will still enjoy the community and religion.
Hence, the reason why most of you are posting your thoughts about real life political matters here instead of blurting them out IRL.

That's what forums such as this place are for, right.

Hopefully none of the opinions said here spills into anyone's personal lives.

As you probably know, I'm former military and currently a cop, and not once have I felt complicit in American Imperialism and abuse of power. No matter how much I dislike it, or if I never joined the force, it wouldn't make a difference. It would continue with or without me.
I have thought about things on those lines. But I sometimes worry it’s a cope. Something I tell myself so I can avoid responsibility.

I’ve talked to the rabbi and my best friend about how I feel, they’re pretty cool

But I think others might be less open minded. One time I went to an ADL event and these protesters showed up. The protesters were actually just speaking out about the ADL’s shitty practices and weren’t actually saying anything that bad. But I heard someone from my crowd scream about how “the Palestinians are terrorists” in response to the protesters.

Afterwards people were more upset at the protesters than the guy who said something overtly racist.

Last edited:
Idk where this comes from. Perhaps more orthodox branches of Judaism mandate segregated graves, or this is purely the way Israel does things.

But when my Jewish friend tragically passed away last month, she was buried in a local cemetery in her home town. It definitely wasn’t a segregated cemetery.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish_cemetery

I know Jewish cemeteries do exist tho. They can have stringent requirements if you want to be buried there.

I do believe as a reform convert, I probably wouldn’t be able to be buried at an orthodox cemetery.

Idk where this comes from. Perhaps more orthodox branches of Judaism mandate segregated graves, or this is purely the way Israel does things.

But when my Jewish friend tragically passed away last month, she was buried in a local cemetery in her home town. It definitely wasn’t a segregated cemetery.
It's written in the article that other mourners were offended by the sight of the cross so they covered his grave. The ministry also wants it gone. I wouldn't be surprised if he was seen as cannon fodder and sent to a suicide mission.

It's written in the article that other mourners were offended by the sight of the cross so they covered his grave. The ministry also wants it gone. I wouldn't be surprised if he was seen as cannon fodder and sent to a suicide mission.
I did a bit more research.

So Jewish cemeteries do only bury Jews. I do believe this is a custom some Jews follow, although reform Jews don't(which is why my friend wasn’t buried in a Jewish cemetery).Tbh I think that’s fair. In a free society Jews should be able to have their own cemeteries if they wish. It doesn’t hurt anyone.

The issue is a government military cemetery should be secular.