Chapter Discussion One Piece Chapter 986: My Name

Rate the chapter

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
Nah I think he has other portrayal.

Portrayed as Luffy's rival three times in Udon, Onigashima, Sabaody Archipelago, Along with Luffy the only supernova to have first mate who is also a supernova. Before TS when defeating marine fodders he has an attack that matched Luffy's G3 and in Onigashima radi he had an attack that matched Luffy's G4. He and Luffy also have CoC.

Oda said he has a plan for Kidd.
Let's hope he does for real. I don't mind his character but comparing him in power to Zoro and Luffy at least right now before his actual feats are dumb. I know Zoro's feet aren't that good but at least he has some.

Akai2

🆉🅾🆁🅾 🆃🅾🅾 🆂🆃🆁🅾🅽🅺!
Bro. This is the biggest arc in One Piece. Deaths are gonna happen. People die in major arcs.

Pedro just died out of nowhere. His death was literally the last 2-3 pages with no prior hints.
I understand that, and I agree. This is probably the most ambitious overarching build up to a war arc I can remember from all the manga I've read. So I expect people to die. And for now, he looks to be dead. But the series' track record has you looking over your shoulder every time a "death" occurs, you know what I mean?

I disagree with Pedro's death not having major hints tho. Him losing his lifespan, and outright telling Tamago he doesn't plan on going back alive, etc.. were there and people were still skeptical when it first occurred.

Last edited:
N

NeutralWatcher

Let's hope he does for real. I don't mind his character but comparing him in power to Zoro and Luffy at least right now before his actual feats are dumb. I know Zoro's feet aren't that good but at least he has some.
I think his feat against Apoo is good. We saw how op Apoo df is. Kidd tanked Apoo's df like nothing.

I think Kidd would fight Apoo again before helping Luffy against Kaido.

F

Fallen Prince

I wonder if this attack will be useless. Oda is suggesting that this attack is linked to this. Kaido was adamant for a second that the swords wouldn't do anything, until he saw Oden in them.

Since Oda wrote they're laying all their lives FOR THIS ONE ATTACK, and that was actually the plan, it would be a waste if it did nothing.

Thats what is gonna happen oda needs to hype kaido. Scabbards will lose to him in next chapter.

It's cruel for Oda to leave Pound alive but not have his daughters acknowledge him as their father. If Oven didn't kill him, the disrespect will.

The war finally started with the 9 Scabbard's combination attack on Kaido. It was hilarious to see Izo shooting King's sword out of his hand without visible effort, and Kaido didn't look any better with his Oden PTSD.

Huge props to Momo for actually stepping up and not lying to save his life.

It can only go crazier from here. I'm seeing death flags over the scabbard's heads.

F

Fallen Prince

It's cruel for Oda to leave Pound alive but not have his daughters acknowledge him as their father. If Oven didn't kill him, the disrespect will.

The war finally started with the 9 Scabbard's combination attack on Kaido. It was hilarious to see Izo shooting King's sword out of his hand without visible effort, and Kaido didn't look any better with his Oden PTSD.

Huge props to Momo for actually stepping up and not lying to save his life.

It can only go crazier from here. I'm seeing death flags over the scabbard's heads.
His whole character is a joke , his death was awesome. Pretty sure editor told him to troll the readers .

Status
Not open for further replies.