Chapter Discussion One Piece Chapter 986: My Name

Rate the chapter

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not gonna lie... I got mad respect for Momonosuke this chapter, for standing up to the killer of both of his parents, reliving that traumatic past, and bravely answering Kaido's question with a firm, solemn look in his eyes, with the words "My name is momonosuke; I'am the one who will become Wano's Shogun".

Not an easy feat for an 8 year old.
Especially for one about to be killed by a Yonko, of all people.

I don' care what anyone says, this little kid here, is mad brave, I tell you.... Momo, I may have not liked you at first, but now I see how much you've grown up, and by doing this, you've just earned my respect.

Akai2

🆉🅾🆁🅾 🆃🅾🅾 🆂🆃🆁🅾🅽🅺!
Just for the record, I'm still convinced that he's not dead. The loose ends are there (his lifespan still being inside a homie, the strawmen homie asking him, if he's indeed Pedro etc.).
Oda just has a really bad track record when it comes to death. Heck, if guys like Pell and Pound can survive that easily, Pedro surely can as well.
Nah I think that one is for real. The gravestone was too symbolic.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
They never believed their father would really try to kill them. Many parents are abusive, but their children generally don't disown them over it. Yamsto disowned Kaido because he would have killed them if they left their prison. The crying was because of the shock that Kaido would actually kill them.
I think the moment was not well done, it was too comical and not really serious, and Yamato reactions felt off. It seems more like cartoon crying than real one and the way she talked about Kaido (bull gorilla etc). All of this doesn't help me to take the situation seriously.

It's particulary nasty from Lola and Chiffon to let Pound behind like that. Even if they don't believe he is their father yet he still did everything he could to protect Chiffon at Cacao Island. Makes his fake death even more cringeworthy.

I suspect that there will be a huge family reunion at Elbaf with Lola and/or Chiffon being brought to Elbaf somehow, possibly captured by Loki's men, with Pound following again and with Mama and the rest of the family coming during Elbaf arc.

Last edited:

BangOO🍅

Pepebusi Spammer
That is true but how did she know luffy descended on onigashima. Who gave her info so that she escaped ?

Xdrake , blackmaria seems to best possible answer .
Good guess especially with Black Maria had the highest possibility there.

But Luffy make chaos in first place right? When he doing an elephant gun after some fodders waste some food. So the news about Luffy making a mess spread all over the place in Onigashima and Yamato knew that.

Akai2

🆉🅾🆁🅾 🆃🅾🅾 🆂🆃🆁🅾🅽🅺!
really man...I need to learn some writing skills from you...whatever I want to put, you put in a more detailed way.....:kata:
this post is beyond the comprehensive realm of worst chapter because "Kaido and calamities" got knocked out their weapons...finally some quality post about story and themes without powerscaling stuff and Z vs S shit...
You should hang out in the Waiting Room and see the absolute trash I spam there while trying not to lose my mind at work lol
Nah man you post great content. Especially Luffy related.
I just care about the story so I post about it. Others care about power levels so that's what they post about etc.. I think I made a post about this in the improving discussions thread
But thanks for reading my posts, Shu....I mean Hades (I need to get used to ur new name lol)

If Kaido doesn't destroy the scabbards by himself and protect his man then the clamatiais are fucked. Reminder, that Asura Doji was fighting against King equally and lost just because of dirty tricks, but right now the clamatiais are outnumbered:
1. Asura Doji is YC1
2. Denjiro YC2
3. Nekomamushi YC3/2
4. Inuarashi is YC3/2
5. Kiku is probably around YC4
6. Izo is YC 4/3
So in 1v1 the clamatiais are fucked really hard.

F

Fallen Prince

Good guess especially with Black Maria had the highest possibility there.

But Luffy make chaos in first place right? When he doing an elephant gun after some fodders waste some food. So the news about Luffy making a mess spread all over the place in Onigashima and Yamato knew that.
She escaped even before he arrived.

Status
Not open for further replies.