Chapter Discussion One Piece Chapter 986: My Name

Rate the chapter

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
After years of abuse, after being handcuffed, chased etc, just before the final assault and just after meeting Luffy Yamato said that she doesn't consider Kaido her father anymore in a comical way, I don't know but this whole moment rubbed me the wrong way : nothing real or deep in this moment and it feels really convienient that its happen just now and just because of the explosives handcuffs.
They never believed their father would really try to kill them. Many parents are abusive, but their children generally don't disown them over it. Yamato disowned Kaido because he would have killed them if they left their prison. The crying was because of the shock that Kaido would actually kill them.

Last edited:
wow the last 5 chapters are really good
That last panel savage the editor change is bearing its fruits
Luffys clash with F6
Yamato taking out Ulti
Luffy and Yamato clashing
Killing Orochi and Kanjuro
now the last panel those samurais like wild animals go after Kaidos throat

The new editor is really good
they dont focus on boring things but on cool things

I also like that Kid and Zoro are having difficults dealing with the BP it has to be thay way or it would hypekiller cause one yonko crew could challenge 100.000 elite marines if Zoro and Kid wouldnt have any wounds it would be a great hype-killer

I like the suprise moment lets hope Kaido will fall into the water but boy that last panel its truly savage how they throw themselves ar Kaido to brutally kill him those samurai are no pushover

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
They never believed their father would really try to kill them. Many parents are abusive, but their children generally don't disown them over it. Yamsto disowned Kaido because he would have killed them if they left their prison. The crying was because of the shock that Kaido would actually kill them.
True but what she was expecting after doing such a shit like dressing like Oden and saying that she will fulfill his legacy?

Did she expect bunny ero handcuffs?

M

MD Zolo

And people say King is stronger than Katakuri, at this rate he’ll be lucky if he’s stronger than Doffy :gokulaugh:
Stronger than Doffy = Stronger than Katakuri

Don't at me.

True but what she was expecting after doing such a shit like dressing like Oden and saying that she will fulfill his legacy?

Did she expect bunny ero handcuffs?
This isn't over. There will be more of this father-daughter thing. Surely, a large portion of Kaido's flashback will cover Yamato stuff.

F

Fallen Prince

If its true then yamato and kyoshiro def have some link because there is no way she would have know luffy was in wano.

It makes you think what if hiyori was like spy other than that i dont think she would have any decent knowledge of luffys presence this was a surprise attack.

I disagree with Pedro's death not having major hints tho. Him losing his lifespan, and outright telling Tamago he doesn't plan on going back alive, etc.. were there and people were still skeptical when it first occurred.
Just for the record, I'm still convinced that he's not dead. The loose ends are there (his lifespan still being inside a homie, the strawmen homie asking him, if he's indeed Pedro etc.).
Oda just has a really bad track record when it comes to death. Heck, if guys like Pell and Pound can survive that easily, Pedro surely can as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.