Chapter Discussion One Piece Chapter 986: My Name

Rate the chapter

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sanjifans (<3): "Zoro Sanji and Jinbei are new Monster Trio, Oda always parallels them, they are rivals, bla bla bla, data books wrong bla bla bla, Zoro no Vice Captain bla bla bla bla Sanji is close to Zoro in strength bla bla"

Oda: "Hold my Worst Generation.."

The true rivals, stated to be rivals in the Throne War speech.
Worst Gen = the greatest gen that will surpass Roger/WB and original Yonkou gen

It's One Piece.

I will be sceptical about them until this wole Wano Arc is over and the SHs have sailed on to the next island. If Yasu and Pedro still haven't returned by then, I will start to believe they are dead.

Younger people forget that the older readers have experienced this stuff over and over again.

Igaram - "died" in Whiskey Peak and then miraculously returned at the end of the Alabasta saga.
Pell - "died" in a nuke explosion and then miraculously returned at the end of the Alabasta saga.
Pagaya (Conis' dad) - "died" to Enel's huge ass lightning bolt and then returned at the end of Skypiea.
Bellamy - "died" to Sarkiss' sword slash (controlled by Doflamingo) and then returned in Dressrosa.
Mr.2 - "died" by staying behind (Magellan specifically made it clear, that he will go for the kill) and then returned in a coverstory.
Sabo - "died" in a huge explosion by getting shot down and then returned in Dressrosa.
all the marines on PH - "died" by Caesar's gas and then were just casually rescued at the end of PH.
Law - "died" by getting shot three times at point blank range and later by getting his arm torn off - easily returned both times.
Moscato - "died" by BM stealing his lifespan and then randomly returned at the end of WCI.
Pound - "died" by Pound slashing his neck point blank and then randomly returned completely fine in the current coverstory.

Outside of Ace and WB, we still haven't had one single confirmed death outside of flashbacks.
Monet: Am I a joke to you ?

That’s lord katakuri for you, fool. And he would’ve styled all over the scabbards.
Lmfao at king getting his weapon shot off his hands by fucking izo :gokulaugh:
Post automatically merged:

Kaido saw his former gay lover oden come back from the dead coming in for that booty. You see, kaido was the bottom in the relationship but always wanted to be the top. Couldn’t do it because of odens chadness. Only after he died could he accomplish his power top dreams.
You could imagine his buttclenching dread after he thought he saw oden coming in again for his next butt reaming :myman:
The first one just no :stop:

Sat with the chapter for a while and after a few rereads, the final scene isn’t as bad as I initially thought. I still think the lack of observation haki is disappointing though.

Risen my rating from a 2* to a 3*, because i’m still unhappy with the entire Kanjuro situation. I think regardless of whether Kanjuro is alive or not, this was handled poorly.

Dragon Kaido is just a huge ass dragon and simply doesnt have any proper weapon (no club, arms, legs). His boro breath is useless in an 1 v 1 fight as well.

Oden had a very huge target to have a go at and he took full advantage.
well for that disadvantage kaido is even harder to cut in his dragon form, even if he was huge it's not like he could not see oden coming unlike oden who was totally caught off guard looking away. he didn't have any scales like kaido to atleast soften that full power blow

Anyone else a bit disappointed Kanjuro vs Scabbards was offpaneled?

I really wanted to see some clashes and ability showcases. At least show Kanjuro's last stand.

My investment in the scabbards is pretty low so it's whatever this time but a little worried that this is a sign of the more important fights to come.
ur expectation isnt low enough:kata:

That doublespread is what i like the most in one piece. The moment when some hopeless and much weaker people blindly charge a stronger opponent to the point that their own life means nothing comparing to the freedom they crave. It happenend so many times in almost every arc but it's never been boring.
Next chapter i hope we will have Hyougoro shining so bright when he leads the Yakuza attack, and also minks rampaging in their sulong form.
Post automatically merged:

Not gonna lie... I got mad respect for Momonosuke this chapter, for standing up to the killer of both of his parents, reliving that traumatic past, and bravely answering Kaido's question with a firm, solemn look in his eyes, with the words "My name is momonosuke; I'am the one who will become Wano's Shogun".

Not an easy feat for an 8 year old.
Especially for one about to be killed by a Yonko, of all people.

I don' care what anyone says, this little kid here, is mad brave, I tell you.... Momo, I may have not liked you at first, but now I see how much you've grown up, and by doing this, you've just earned my respect.
I can say Oda is very romantic in making moment like this which i like the most from one piece.

Last edited:

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Have to wonder if this is really it for the Kurozumis...I know, Oda and his patented breath of life, but can this really be the end of two surprisingly effective antagonists? Has their revenge against the Kozuki clan really fallen short right at the end? I won’t be surprised if either shows up again, but I’m hoping against hope that they’re really done for. Shinobu’s thoughts on the matter give me the feeling that Orochi’s a non-factor regardless, so maybe the author will prove me right, just this once.

Boy, Fukurokuju and that Hotei guy could NOT have pledged fealty to Kaido any quicker after the guy lopped their leader’s head off. Disloyalty like that won’t get you anywhere you wanna be :seriously:

Luffy’s got that magic working with those cuffs, what a nice thing to do for the soon-to-be newest recruit to his organization #Yamato4Nakama

I also love that the self-proclaimed Kozuki Oden retread got to learn that “his” son and retainers are, for the most part, alive and well...I wonder how they’ll view her obsession with the man they knew through and through.

WHO’S WHO’S CAT GIRL SIGHTING, I REPEAT, WE HAVE EYES ON A CUTE LITTLE KITTY, MEEEEEE-OW :catlewd::catlewd::catlewd:Also, sure, Ulti’s there or whatever.

Law/Kid/Zoro in the heat of battle was a nice run, would be cool if another super powerful guy could be there instead of looking for prostitutes, but oh well!! :sanmoji:

MOMOOOOOOO YEAH BOI, THE KID IS FINALLY SHOWING SOME UNDESCENDED BALLS!!

Like we needed more proof, but Yamato definitely isn’t Pudding 2.0...she hates her daddy and is gonna do whatever she can to piss him off before setting sail with the rubber kid. Can’t wait to see more of their tense family meetings.

Scabbards clowning the All-Stars and the big old boy, you truly love to see it :lumazed:
Even if they likely didn’t cause any damage, they were able to pierce his historically nigh-impenetrable skin...doesn’t count for nothing, if you ask me. That double spread of them catching the Beasts off guard... *chef’s kiss*

Pretty solid chapter, enough to move the action ahead considerably and completely obliterate everyone’s assumptions about how shit will start shaking out. Thank the stars above we actually get the next chapter in a week!! (Break after that, and after that, and after THAT, and on and on and on and on...)

BangOO🍅

Pepebusi Spammer
The possible things for Sanji right now is
  • Meet up with X-Drake. (Maybe with Law and Hawkins too)
  • Will see Page One again because in this chapter Page One is missing.
  • He will see Black Maria.
  • He still finding hoes.
This last 2 things better not happening.:catcry:

Hopefully we'll see Brook and Franky next chapter so General Franky can be formed. It looks like they're about to encounter some of the Numbers
Looks like the Numbers will be the mid and weak trios' opponents. They won't have their match-ups now, but they're building up to them 50 chapters from now.

I hope Oda has an explanation for why they're a collective of super giants and don't fit with the Disasters.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
So what do you guys think?
Luffy being the same or acting more like a captain/Emperor, he's letting those who have been hurt the hardest by Kaidou the Red Scabbards by letting them start the War/Raid, instead of himself and Yamato.
He's the same idiot he always was but unsurprisingly he uses his brain when it comes to fighting and etc.
+ this is nothing more than just act of respect for the Scabbards I think he will be the 2nd one on the platform unless Big Mom stalls him.

Status
Not open for further replies.