Chapter Discussion One Piece Chapter 986: My Name

Rate the chapter

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
One very little fun fact:

Luffy calls Yamato "Yama-O" after the explosion, which is him trying to respect her wish of being treated like Oden (as a male). He does the same to Law for example ("Tra-O"), it's something you address males with.

Yamato immediately corrects him and tells him "It's Ya-Ma-To!", basically telling him that she doesn't want to be treated like a male anymore.
wow i'm really glad she did maybe it had to do with the fact that she just found out odens vassals were all alive and his son too. now she can just be herself while still honoring odens wishes

Nice chapter.

The power scaling makes sense except Zoro and Kidd part.

I think Zoro and Kidd should be able to finish off those gifters and waiters no problem since they have haki and each of them can 1 shot pacifista.

Pre TS Luffy did better against way larger enemies in Enies Lobby. I think Oda wants to make this manga more realistic but it doesn't make sense with Zoro and Kidd part.

Lola and Chiffon deserve some punishment. Pound sacrificed his life to save Chiffon but Chiffon forget him. She should at least saw Pound who saved her. Even Pez felt some connection toward Pound in WCI.

So Kanjuro and Orochi really die. So who would get Kanjuro and Orochi's df next. Usopp is a good candidate to get Kanjuro's df and Yamato since she might become a shogun could get Orochi's df but seeing her with 8 heads is weird.

I understand Oniwabanshu choose to serve Orochi since ninja is not loyal but serve whoever hires them but for Mimawarigumi to choose serving Kaido who kills Orochi their master, Mimawarigumi leader, Hotei is damn shame for samurai.

Hotei might fight Okiku while Fukurojuku might fight Raizo. My headcannon says Okiku might be bsed on Okita Souji. Okita sword name was Kiku Ichimonji so the name contains Kiku which refers to Okiku and Okita was also known to be handsome just like Okiku.

Nami and Carrot are useless as usual. Lose to random homies wtf. I doubt she has 1 on 1 fight in this arc. She might team up with Carrot to defeat Flying Six or other enemies.

I think this is a moment of Momonosuke's development. WOuld he choose death to save his own life or tell Kaido his own name to sae his own honour ad choose death. Turn out Momonosuke choose to tell his own name to Kaido is a good development from Momonosuke.

Looks like Ulti and Who'sWho might team up or fight each other. Page One is not seen anywhere. Oda might save him for someone else. Killer is also not seen with Kidd and Killer.

Lmao Yamato calls her father bull gorilla. Looks like she cries because Kaido really want to kill her.

Nice action from Izo and co. Looks like calamities are close in power. Izo shoot King's sword off of King is a good sign that sniper might have future in future arc. Hype for Usopp and Benn Beckman. Nekomamushi also knocks Kaido's club off of Kaido with his left mechanical arm is dope to see. Looks like that mechanical arm increases his strength.

lol at Kaido gets PTSD from Kinemon and Denjiro. Kawamatsu blocks King while Inuarashi block Jack and Queen. Oda goes all out to portray scabbards full power.
Previous chapter had a lightning bolt explosion and we saw Nami & Carrot being blow away, I don't think this was a random homie doing.

Yeah I hope so. Nami needs fight this arc to redeem herself. If random homies could capture her that's bad for her portrayal.
From my understanding
Big Mom find them => battle or whatever ensue => Big Mom capture Zeus => lightning bolt ensue => they get blow away and on the ground => homies restraint them. ( Carrot who is a physical fighter included)
It seems to fit.
The thing is that Oda keeps off-screening so we can only assume :kayneshrug:

N

NeutralWatcher

From my understanding
Big Mom find them => battle or whatever ensue => Big Mom capture Zeus => lightning bolt ensue => they get blow away and on the ground => homies restraint them. ( Carrot who is a physical fighter included)
It seems to fit.
The thing is that Oda keeps off-screening so we can only assume :kayneshrug:
I think it's because of plot. Plot requires Nami and Carrot to be captured. Carrot is not that weak imo. In her first appearance she managed to surprise Zoro. Pedro also said she's strong. Maybe Nami being captured would lead to something important so Oda made her and Carrot got captured.

Imo it's similar with Big Mom amnesia plot. Big Mom got amnesia after her ship fell down because of King. Big Mom at that time didn't have Prometheus even though Prometheus is present later since if she has Prometheus she could fend off King and wouldn't fall down and wouldn't get amnesia which would lead to Chopper and her bonding, BM vs Queen and Luffy learnt advanced CoA.

With BM gets Zeus and Prometheus back I think she's at her full strength now. Not nerfed. I think Oda is preparing her for a major fight.

I think it's because of plot. Plot requires Nami and Carrot to be captured. Carrot is not that weak imo. In her first appearance she managed to surprise Zoro. Pedro also said she's strong. Maybe Nami being captured would lead to something important so Oda made her and Carrot got captured.

Imo it's similar with Big Mom amnesia plot. Big Mom got amnesia after her ship fell down because of King. Big Mom at that time didn't have Prometheus even though Prometheus is present later since if she has Prometheus she could fend off King and wouldn't fall down and wouldn't get amnesia which would lead to Chopper and her bonding, BM vs Queen and Luffy learnt advanced CoA.

With BM gets Zeus and Prometheus back I think she's at her full strength now. Not nerfed. I think Oda is preparing her for a major fight.
Yep Carrot is pretty tough yet go restrained, no much Nami could do.

Sanjitards: "Zoro Sanji and Jinbei are new Monster Trio, Oda always parallels them, they are rivals, bla bla bla, data books wrong bla bla bla, Zoro no Vice Captain bla bla bla bla Sanji is close to Zoro in strength bla bla"

Oda: "Hold my Worst Generation.."

The true rivals, stated to be rivals in the Throne War speech.

Good chapter, liked the ending double spread of all the Scabbards finally assembled attempting to save Momonosuke. Also loved that Oda gave Momo his chance to finally step up and own his family name in front of the entire alliance, literally coming face to face with the demons of his past, i.e. Kaido and his crew.

The ending seems to be leading us to believe that this is the beginning of the final showdown, but considering how Kaido makes a point to say that no one in the Flower Capital is even aware of the situation, I think it's pretty obvious that the true final clash will be on the mainland after the country is aware of just how much Kaido has betrayed them.

Also think that next chapter will probably end with the Scabbards absolutely massacred, maybe even one of them dying, and from there Oda will reorient attention back to the Straw Hats and the rest of alliance as the travel back to the mainland to take down Kaido and the rest.

All in all very solid build up chapter and I'm looking forward to more craziness.

One thing that still bothers me

Oden words "don't ever come back to Wano again"
If you really thinking of killing the person or you can kill the person why say such words?

Even when Oden writes in his letter, he talks about beating Kaido not killing him.

Oden could have hurt Kaido badly the second time but I don't think he was gonna kill him or else he would not tell Kaido "don't come back"

Anyway, Kaido still has PTSD of the onlyan among top tiers to every wound his skin.

People that said Kaido won't have slumps or PIs moments... Stop downplaying BM for her PIS moments
It's just synonyms. Like telling an evil entity/soul to begone and perish eternally. In Wano's case, it's something that can't happen without Kaido's death. Oden telling Kaido to go away forever = die in other words because Kaido is the only creature that can't be incapacitated.

Powerscaling makes no sense anymore. Kaido better not take damage, but I can see Oda pulling the cheap PTSD card to asspull them injuring him when even Luffy wasnt able to do so. "AIEEEEEE, IM SO SCARED OF ODEN"
Also King getting disarmed this easily worries me too, I expected him to be near Katakuri level if not stronger, yet he seems to be just as much of a disappointing fodder as Jack is.
Can't wait for Queen to lose to Axe Hand Morgan at this point.
everyone has looked bad oden especially, people call big mom big meme and her pirates deemed incompetent so i'm personally overjoyed to see overhyped kaido and his crew getting the same treatment

Status
Not open for further replies.