Powers & Abilities Shanks: How Swordsmen and Gun users use advanced COA.

Shanks had two swords that the design was the same but some details were different.
There were key differences.

On the left, the guard of the hilt goes all the way up and curls back at the top. On the right, the guard pierces through the handle at 2/3 of the hilts length and comes out at the other site. Also the pommel of both swords is different. On the left, it looks like a bell wrapping around the handle. On the right, it's a straight pommel. The design of the handle itself is also different. On the left, the handle is braided like a Katana. On the right not. Also on the left, the guard and the pommel are one piece, while on the right, the guard doesn't fuse with the pommel.

In chapter 1, Shanks had a sword resembling the left one. Later in Marineford he had the right one (Gryphon) and post TS Oda just changed it back to the old design.

It's obvious these are two different swords. It's not just Oda changing the design back and forth on a whim.

So anime is canon and those games are canon nice to know that
Speculating about game stuff whether there is a possibility of those appearing in the manga as well is not wrong.
I don't really understand your problem.

Of course there are also things which are just straight up ridiculous but regarding certain game abilities which have not appeared in the manga yet, you sure can debate about this.

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
There were key differences.

On the left, the guard of the hilt goes all the way up and curls back at the top. On the right, the guard pierces through the handle at 2/3 of the hilts length and comes out at the other site. Also the pommel of both swords is different. On the left, it looks like a bell wrapping around the handle. On the right, it's a straight pommel. The design of the handle itself is also different. On the left, the handle is braided like a Katana. On the right not. Also on the left, the guard and the pommel are one piece, while on the right, the guard doesn't fuse with the pommel.

In chapter 1, Shanks had a sword resembling the left one. Later in Marineford he had the right one (Gryphon) and post TS Oda just changed it back to the old design.

It's obvious these are two different swords. It's not just Oda changing the design back and forth on a whim.
Lmfao they nigh the same. Its obvious oda messing and deciding on a design.

Wanna bet on this ?

But is the game a valid source of reference though? I'm curious as to how Mihawk's attacks looks in that game. If it also has that kind of aura (but with green color), then Shanks' red lightsaber just game dynamics isnt it? The game team has no relation to the manga team, do they?

Regarding on the hakigod-ness of Shanks though, i'm thinking that Shanks, the last Yonkou alongside BB, would the main trigger for Luffy's haki-related development, whatever that will be. Unable-to-be-trained-CoC, or harmonization between CoC and other forms of haki, whatever. WSS' rival, but praised by WB because of his haki. A rather lazy and nice guy of a cripple, standing as the most powerful pirate along insane titles like WSM-WSC-NBD-UB. This is the exciting contradiction that make me want to see Shanks in action.

But i dont support this theory of Shanks using haki to empower his sword though. I'd rather see Shanks use his unique CoC to teleport or perform Aizen-esque hypnosis.

Why is this a Shanks vs Mihawk topic all over again when this thread is meant to hype all characters with top tier CoA? :kaidowhat:
Don´t understand it either, put that nonsense Shanks vs Mihawk and things aside, my point was not to compare Shanks with Mihawk. I was already wondering why so many Mihawk/Zoro fans attacking this thread while I himself point it up that Mihawk and Zoro(Later) should have it too. Even though I kinda find the topic overall for Black Blades interesting and would like to get a answer from Oda too, are these who have black blades surpreme in terms of CoA?

I literally have my own point, I think the reason why Roger and Shanks didn´t have a black Blade though having similar haki lvl as Mihawk is most like that Mihawk and Ryuma fight with their sword, for them the sword is everything in a fight. Literally the third hand(In Zoro case five lol) and major weapon with they use in a battle. They transform their insane haki so much into the weapon that it became later black, hardening with Haki for ever as in Ryuma case, it doesn´t mean that they can´t push their haki still above, im still sure Mihawk having something like this too if he use advanced CoA:

Pure Haki fighter like BenBeckman,Shanks,Mihawk,Garp,Roger and probably also other characters who even have a df power, they having a top tier haki like this, the one less more, the other less fewer. In that case my Thread was only to point out the future sight styles of multiple Top tiers and not a haki compare with Shanks vs Mihawk(for that we can talk that in a another thread who having the stronger haki).

So kaido can one shot big mom out of wano like he does in the game ?
Hell you can even beat Big mom with Nami, but that was never the point at the first place, it was Shanks moveset and his power in the game, not what he fight and who he defeat??

Its obvious oda messing and deciding on a design.
Do you have other examples of this? Sure, design might change a bit over time, but not back and forth, especially since Gryphon as we saw it on Whitebeard's ship and Marineford was introduced pretty late in the story, where everything was matured. Yet changing back post TS. Sure, if it slightly changed from chapter 1 to marineford and never back, you might've had a case. But as it changed again post TS, it's arguable.
Wanna bet on this ?
Sure, lol.
But how can we tell who is right, unless he uses the left sword but calls it Gryphon?

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
Do you have other examples of this? Sure, design might change a bit over time, but not back and forth, especially since Gryphon as we saw it on Whitebeard's ship and Marineford was introduced pretty late in the story, where everything was matured. Yet changing back post TS. Sure, if it slightly changed from chapter 1 to marineford and never back, you might've had a case. But as it changed again post TS, it's arguable.

Sure, lol.
But how can we tell who is right, unless he uses the left sword but calls it Gryphon?
The swords are too similar imo for it to be a whole new sword.
I expect gryphon to be either ray or rogers that they passed down to him.

If shanks truly has 2 swords it will be shown or told somewhere in the one piece medium.

Speculating about game stuff whether there is a possibility of those appearing in the manga as well is not wrong.
I don't really understand your problem.

Of course there are also things which are just straight up ridiculous but regarding certain game abilities which have not appeared in the manga yet, you sure can debate about this.
If u want tl discuss theories u have to use canon material and not something else if i follow your opinion i can support my argument with movie when Zoro defeated Luffy and low diffed sanji so Zoro has to be stronger than both of them also i have this proof
@HA001 @Gran D. Master
It's Crazy how Zoro fought Fuji on equal footing while both of them are using their best techniques against each other in the game but Zoro was still holding back a whole lot of power even Fuji adknowldged that .
(Note: Zoro used ISDS in the fight)

Zoro admiral level confirmed .

If u want tl discuss theories u have to use canon material
Seriously?

In the game, you can see Shanks using a "dimension slash" - and you wouldn't want to discuss whether this could appear in the manga as well?
You never want to think about the possibility whether Zoro could even cut through dimensions?

We have been debating about Mihawk whether he only needs one slash to cut Zunisha or not. Do you need exact manga panels to speculate about certain hypothetical situations? Or EoS characters perhaps showing feats on continent+ level or even planetary? Do you need manga panels for that as well?

I mean, you do not have to buy that but disturbing the entire purpose of this thread just because @playa4321 is arguing about certain game abilities is just plain up wrong.

if i follow your opinion i can support my argument with movie when Zoro defeated Luffy and low diffed sanji so Zoro has to be stronger than both of them also i have this proof
Mate, this is not a powerlevels thread, tf do you even wanna prove?

Do the fuck whatever you want, lol.

If u want tl discuss theories u have to use canon material and not something else if i follow your opinion i can support my argument with movie when Zoro defeated Luffy and low diffed sanji so Zoro has to be stronger than both of them also i have this proof
The problem of you is you see this thread as attack against your agenda with was never the point.
I even call Mihawk and Zoro probably having kinda these haki too, are you just compare a story point of a game with has nothing do with my point of the thread, the compare himself is flat and has nothing do with my arguments.
I compare Shanks moveset and show that we kinda see these haki form in the manga too, with means we could see it in the future, it is just a speculation who is based on my old theory in OJ before your time, it has nothing to do with the point about Shanks beeing a pure swordmen or not, I just show his skills from the battle and make point how advanced CoA could look like for other top tiers, why it trigger you so much??