Powers & Abilities Shanks: How Swordsmen and Gun users use advanced COA.

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
There is a difference between Shanks and Mihawk. It's really not difficult to understand. Mihawk and Zoro are both pure swordsmen who would die for their blade. Shanks isn't like that. He concentrates more on haki.
It didn't matter for Cabaji, Kaku, Hyouzou etc so why should I make an exception for Shanks? Fujitora is more about his devil fruit than swordsmanship but he was still called a swordsman.....

All top tiers doing the crazy haki stuff is said to be a possibility according to the thread, which means both Shanks and Mihawk can do that haki stuff....but it only affects Shanks in this specific way just because its convenient for your argument?

There is a difference between Shanks and Mihawk. It's really not difficult to understand. Mihawk and Zoro are both pure swordsmen who would die for their blade. Shanks isn't like that. He concentrates more on haki.
if in very next chapter manga call Shanks World Stonegst Haki user

all people can understand that it means Shanks's Haki > other people Haki

not Shanks > any one who use Haki

sword boys can't understand ....

Mihawk title is limited to only swordsmanship not over all power

that's why they don't even want to consider the clear hype of CoC and lighting Haki

I wouldn't say that disqualifies Shanks from being a swordsman. Shanks too is a swordsman and former rival of Mihawk.

So it depends whether he laid focus on something else in his fighting style. Rather than swordsmanship (cutting), using different traits of Haki like barriers, blasts, lightning strikes and whatever Oda wants to come up with. Since Shanks is handicapped in the swordsmanship domain.

It's hard to tell until we see Shanks going all out in a fight. When he uses swordsmanship (cutting, flying slashes) like Mihawk, he is that "pure" swordsman. But if Shanks will pull out the tricks he pulls out in the games, it is very well debatable.

I wouldn't say that disqualifies Shanks from being a swordsman. Shanks too is a swordsman and former rival of Mihawk.

So it depends whether he laid focus on something else in his fighting style. Rather than swordsmanship (cutting), using different traits of Haki like barriers, blasts, lightning strikes and whatever Oda wants to come up with. Since Shanks is handicapped in the swordsmanship domain.

It's hard to tell until we see Shanks going all out in a fight. When he uses swordsmanship (cutting, flying slashes) like Mihawk, he is that "pure" swordsman. But if Shanks will pull out the tricks he pulls out in the games, it is very well debatable.
Shanks is a swordsman ... no doubt

and his swordsmanship is below Mihawk ... no doubt

but a swordsman can be strongest without need of a skill related title

ask Roger

The problem of you is you see this thread as attack against your agenda with was never the point.
I even call Mihawk and Zoro probably having kinda these haki too, are you just compare a story point of a game with has nothing do with my point of the thread, the compare himself is flat and has nothing do with my arguments.
I compare Shanks moveset and show that we kinda see these haki form in the manga too, with means we could see it in the future, it is just a speculation who is based on my old theory in OJ before your time, it has nothing to do with the point about Shanks beeing a pure swordmen or not, I just show his skills from the battle and make point how advanced CoA could look like for other top tiers, why it trigger you so much??
Seriously?

In the game, you can see Shanks using a "dimension slash" - and you wouldn't want to discuss whether this could appear in the manga as well?
You never want to think about the possibility whether Zoro could even cut through dimensions?

We have been debating about Mihawk whether he only needs one slash to cut Zunisha or not. Do you need exact manga panels to speculate about certain hypothetical situations? Or EoS characters perhaps showing feats on continent+ level or even planetary? Do you need manga panels for that as well?

I mean, you do not have to buy that but disturbing the entire purpose of this thread just because @playa4321 is arguing about certain game abilities is just plain up wrong.

Mate, this is not a powerlevels thread, tf do you even wanna prove?

Do the fuck whatever you want, lol.
There is no attack here but using games to push an agenda is another question

if in very next chapter manga call Shanks World Stonegst Haki user

all people can understand that it means Shanks's Haki > other people Haki

not Shanks > any one who use Haki

sword boys can't understand ....

Mihawk title is limited to only swordsmanship not over all power

that's why they don't even want to consider the clear hype of CoC and lighting Haki
They think I'm saying that Shanks is not a swordsman lol. But they just don't get it. All they want is to have Shanks be exactly like Mihawk, so they can then say that Mihawk>>>>Shanks. But Shanks will most definitely show us something new and unique, something that Mihawk won't be able to do with just a sword.

Shanks will fight differently. You can say Shanks haki > Mihawk's haki. Oda put great emphasis on his usage of Haki.

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness

Problem is that lots of Zoro's opponents uses tricks but they were still swordsmen. Diamante was still swordsman despite using spikes, his cape, his belt and a gun. Hyouzou used poison yet Zoro still told him to bring the strongest swordsman on FI as he was too weak.

Ryuma and Brooke had the exact name moves, tactics and personality yet Ryuma crushed him. Was it because Ryuma was skilled? If so, doesnt that mean strength and speed is a factor for swordsmanship skill cause that was the reason Ryuma won. When Zoro and Ryuma fought, it was said their physical strength was equal.

don't talk about agenda please
if Shanks next chapter do all the game feats and use advance CoC
you still would say Mihawk > Shanks

and that's the problem with you guys ... since Mihawk title is WSS

no amount of good feat from Shanks
no amount of bad feat form Mihawk

can change your fan fiction about Mihawk > Shanks

so "you" don't talk about agenda
Post automatically merged:

Shanks will fight differently. You can say Shanks haki > Mihawk's haki. Oda put great emphasis on his usage of Haki.
I can't even understand how a functioning human mind can think otherwise

don't talk about agenda please
if Shanks next chapter do all the game feats and use advance CoC
you still would say Mihawk > Shanks

and that's the problem with you guys ... since Mihawk title is WSS

no amount of good feat from Shanks
no amount of bad feat form Mihawk

can change your fan fiction about Mihawk > Shanks

so "you" don't talk about agenda
Don't give me your speculations and if using games feats can make u feel better u can follow them LMAO

Shanks is a swordsman ... no doubt

and his swordsmanship is below Mihawk ... no doubt

but a swordsman can be strongest without need of a skill related title

ask Roger
Yes. People bringing up the "Cabaji" and "Kaku" example (@Van). Yes, they are swordsmen. Just like Fujitora is a swordsman. But I think whether those guys are considered WSS contenders depends on how big of an impact swordsmanship makes in their arsenal. Like, we've never heard of Mihawk challenging Big Mom, not in the past, not in the present, even though the Vivre Card said Mihawk searched for strong foes until no one was left. Big Mom "technically" is a swordsman. But she isn't the type of swordsman Mihawk seeks to fight. Big Mom is a natural born destroyer with every kind of weapon, whether it's a sword, an axe or her fist. Additionally, she has a DF her power heavily relies on, with which she can control and manipulate the weather and cause storms. Mihawk isn't interested in such kind of opponents. He is interested in opponents whose strongest asset is swordsmanship, in order to spar with them and measure who is stronger in that domain. Yes, if that swordsman has supplementary powers (like King has his Zoan and fire), it's ok. As long it is only supplementary and enhances the strongest asset (swordsmanship), but if someone's main power is not even related to swordsmanship, I doubt Mihawk is interested in that. Because he wants to be matched in a duel.

So if Shanks, who is still a top level swordsman but is handicapped in that domain, starts to put out the arsenal from the games and shoot Haki lightning and pull out guns, will Mihawk be interested in that kind of fight in order to measure his swordsmanship against his opponents swordsmanship? I don't believe so. For the same reason he does not consider Big Mom a match up. Not because he is superior or inferior, but simply because that's not the kind of match he is interested in.

It isn´t really a agenda for any fandom, it just a speculation about Haki power based skills in the future, of course Shanks moveset are just the example, I mean if Mihawk would have this kinda of moveset I would pick him up as example, their is no agenda or anything at the begin of. I make a thread based on the game years ago before WG, I just bring it up because of the feats which we see in the manga/anime. As I said if Mihawk or anyone else would show kinda these haki moveset, I would use them as example, but Shanks is most like the best example because in the game his whole moveset is based most like about advanced CoA.

It isn´t really a agenda for any fandom, it just a speculation about Haki power based skills in the future, of course Shanks moveset are just the example, I mean if Mihawk would have this kinda of moveset I would pick him up as example, their is no agenda or anything at the begin of. I make a thread based on the game years ago before WG, I just bring it up because of the feats which we see in the manga/anime. As I said if Mihawk or anyone else would show kinda these haki moveset, I would use them as example, but Shanks is most like the best example because in the game his whole moveset is based most like about advanced CoA.
If u are discussing his moveset skill only in the thread we can agree about how cool it is but you are using manga as a reference here to push the agenda even the title of the thread speaks for your thread there is only one canon material and it is the manga anything else is just a headcanon and i don't think u will make an effort just to put some wrong headcanons without believing in it being somehow true

I don't need game feat

lighting Haki is canon

advance CoC is canon​

you guys just want to delay you defeat as much as you can

as if Oda gonna forget that Shanks have heaven crushing powers
Give me a feat of his advCoa and a panel confirming splitting clouds is a Coc feat

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
If u are discussing his moveset skill only in the thread we can agree about how cool it is but you are using manga as a reference here to push the agenda even the title of the thread speaks for your thread there is only one canon material and it is the manga anything else is just a headcanon and i don't think u will make an effort just to put some wrong headcanons without believing in it being somehow true

Give me a feat of his advCoa and a panel confirming splitting clouds is a Coc feat
Meme and kaido did that. And they barely have hardening between them so far. Yet you say its advanced coc

@Red Admiral

lol ... this are powers in one piece world ....

what's the deny for?

Roger CAN DO THAT
Shanks CAN DO THAT

call it what ever you like ... point is ... this are powers that this motherfuckers can use ...

the need for them being called what we already know what they are is just sad ...
for the people who called Roger WSS without any panel ...
that's just ... sad?

lol ... this are powers in one piece world ....

what's the deny for?

Roger CAN DO THAT
Shanks CAN DO THAT

call it what ever you like ... point is ... this are powers that this motherfuckers can use ...

the need for them being called what we already know what they are is just sad ...
for the people who called Roger WSS without any panel ...
that's just ... sad?
So no panel thanks to know that you are using headcanons

Meme and kaido did that. And they barely have hardening between them so far. Yet you say its advanced coc

@Red Admiral
sure ... Big Mom and Kaido are among gods of the verse as well and that was for sure CoC

good news is

that's not the max capability of CoC

Roger with no DF was equal to Whitebeard with Gura Gura

CoC >~ Gura Gura

this a math that you can only deny , but you know it's true man .... at least I hope so

any way I don't want to fight it too long .... moments of truth are not far away