Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jinbei has the most unique design of any of the Strawhats, by a country mile. The only one who comes close to competing is Franky. Let alone compared Carrot or Yamato, who's design can at best be described as bland- a tall Nami with eyebrows and horns and generic anthropomorphic rabbit

Gigantic sumo-shaped blue fishman in traditional Japanese dress, big tattoo on his chest, lightning bolt scar, tusks, v-shaped mouth, gills, bushy beard, stubby nose, deep sunk eyes, pointy ears, shishi inspired sideburns and eyebrows, bushy hair in a ponytail with white streaks in it.

Average design my ass.

He's also been the best One Piece character of the last decade. Comparing four chapter Yamato or Carrot the background rabbit to him is an insult.

Rant over
Ps: I'm not Jinbe's hater hell I don't even have any slight dislike feelings toward him but I have to say he just seems like Arlong tame version. He's okay for now.

Why people think Yamato is joining : She asked Luffy to give her a ride (Wow, just like Caribou did, andt Luffy accepted btw)
Why I think she won't :
Backstory overlapping with an already existing Wano's character's backstory, Tama (wanted to go out to the sea with Ace but couldn't), adoration of Oden and the carrying of his will shared by dozen of other characters (Kaido literally saw Oden when scabbards attacked him), design based on previous characters (not just nami-face, the clothes are also Oden's), introduced over 70 chapters after Wano's beginning without any hint despite Topi Roppo's group existence being revealed way before the raid started and Scabbards/Momo/Hiyori already having the emotioal weight of the arc bult on them, biggest emotional baggage available were the shackle and they got deal a chapter after their introduction like it was part of a to-do list.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Why people think Yamato is joining : She asked Luffy to give her a ride (Wow, just like Caribou and Luffy actually accepted him btw)
Why I think she won't :
Backstory overlapping with an already existing Wano's character's backstory, Tama (wanted to go out to the sea with Ace but couldn't), adoration of Oden and the carrying of his will shared by dozen of other characters (Kaido literally saw Oden when scabbards attack him), design based on previous characters (not just nami-face, the clothes are also Oden's), introduced over 70 chapters after Wano's beginning without any hint despite Topi Roppo's group existence being revealed way before the raid started and Scabbards/Momo/Hiyori already having the emotioal weight of the arc bult on them, biggest emotional baggage available were the shackle and they got deal a chapter after their introduction like it was part of a to-do list.
:okay::okay::okay::okay::okay::okay::okay::okay::okay::okay::okay::okay::okay::okay:

If this were any other typical Oda arc, the cuffs would've stayed on for a lot longer, however, the plot points have been blown through very quickly since Onigashima Raid has started. Kanjuro confronts Scabbard, next chapter, defeated, any other time that's expanded on a lot more and drawn out.
I disagree, we needed to wait for 300 chapters before seeing Momo grow balls and Oda literally dedicated a whole chapter to a Onimaru/Kawamatsu backstory. Oda can go through things quick if he wants, but I don't see reason to believe he would rush a future straw hat's , aka a permanent protagonist story.

The Momo stuff I agree, that moment had been coming.

My whole point is the pacing since the raid chapters started have been that fast, this is a culmination of many plotlines and characters coming together and Oda is blowing past them in a very quick matter just to get to the climax which seems to be starting.

Yet, Yamato, a late entry is getting a lot of central focus and is integral to the Antogonists plan, yet wants nothing to do with it. A character we know nothing about, yet already has a crap load attached their character and is going to be getting to be expanded upon in multiple ways.

I just think that this character is going to be getting a lot of spotlight and it's worth noting...

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
All the strawhats have in some way always been an outcast wherever they from. With them sticking out from the rest

Yamato fits that criteria
Like most of the strawhats their original home is just too small from them
Man, some people aren’t gonna accept Yamato as a member of the crew even after she leaves Wano with them...we’ve still got motherfuckers saying Jinbe isn’t gonna survive the arc after years of calling for his death BEFORE he became a Straw Hat, there’s no getting through to certain members of this fandom.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Plenty of characters were outcast and didn't join the crew. Pudding was the literal definition of outcast..
But since some people are already so certain of themselves... Yamato nakama Y/N bet thread when?
I already made one, remember? You called me a fucking idiot and then it got absorbed into this one? Pretty rich that you called me that, considering you can’t see the differences between Yamato and Pudding...

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
All I said is that the "outcast" criteriea doesn't mean shit.
Funny how you guys pestered not long ago, saying Oda doesn't have any pattern...
And used Pudding, who nobody’s ever seriously considered for nakama, as an example...and he doesn’t have a pattern, but if you refuse to acknowledge that your headcanon is wrong, ain’t nothing I can do to show you the light when you keep your eyes shut.

Status
Not open for further replies.