Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pedro dead, she fight/go for sulong form to defend Sunny-go.

Aha. And which of that is character development? How did thode change carrot (be it for the good or bad)? She had a sad moment and a badass moment. But that's it. She was never shown to "really care".
Character development is something else.

Aside from that, some people claim that yamato is "toki's unknown child"... how should that be possible?
She is 28. So she was born the same time momonosuke was born. Are you even reading the manga? 😬

The most likely is, that she is the child of kaido and big mom.
Though it could be otherwise. We will see.
Post automatically merged:

And she will join 100%. Too much screentime in just 4? chapters with too much "nakama vibes", meaning sad past, wants to go adventuring, outcast, nowhere to go, wants to join, is tied to luffy etc.

BangOO🍅

Pepebusi Spammer
Aha. And which of that is character development? How did thode change carrot (be it for the good or bad)? She had a sad moment and a badass moment. But that's it. She was never shown to "really care".
Character development is something else.

Aside from that, some people claim that yamato is "toki's unknown child"... how should that be possible?
She is 28. So she was born the same time momonosuke was born. Are you even reading the manga? 😬

The most likely is, that she is the child of kaido and big mom.
Though it could be otherwise. We will see.
Post automatically merged:

And she will join 100%. Too much screentime in just 4? chapters with too much "nakama vibes", meaning sad past, wants to go adventuring, outcast, nowhere to go, wants to join, is tied to luffy etc.
Im not against Yamato joining the strawhats, but it will be weird as fuck if Yamato join but the character for 180+ chapters with the strawhats doesnt join at all.

Character development is just the process of building up a character and making them more three-dimensional. It does not require the character themselves to go through some great personality shift. Yes, Carrot has character development, but so does the majority of characters Oda writes. That alone does not make a Strawhat.

Im not against Yamato joining the strawhats, but it will be weird as fuck if Yamato join but the character for 180+ chapters with the strawhats doesnt join at all.
Not really. Momo, Kine'mon and Law have been around the Strawhats far longer than Carrot has, they won't be joining either.

BangOO🍅

Pepebusi Spammer
Character development is just the process of building up a character and making them more three-dimensional. It does not require the character themselves to go through some great personality shift. Yes, Carrot has character development, but so does the majority of characters Oda writes. That alone does not make a Strawhat.

Not really. Momo, Kine'mon and Law have been around the Strawhats far longer than Carrot has, they won't be joining either.
Momo and Kinemon want to make an alliances to open the border of wano. So its pretty clear they will stay in Wano after this arc/war finished.

But, as long as i dont want Carrot to join, she saw her mentor (Pedro) dead in front of her eye right.
And she realize if Pedro willing to die for the sake of the Strawhats. And Carrot show what is she capable of by transform to Sulong.

This is why im gonna be confused if Yamato join, but Carrot doesn't. The best possibility is both Carrot and Yamato join the Strawhats, or neither both of them joined the strawhats, but they can join the Grand Fleet.

After Wano, Carrot'll probably return to Zou. I don't really hate her, But she's annoying and not funny.
I mean if being not annoying become reason to join the crew, both Yamato and Carrot won't join then. Carrot is annoying for you at least she's being herself. Yamato is pretty annoying with her babbling and ranting about her being Oden. I instead saw the way Carrot never talked about Pedro's dying (if he really do) is good. She's ready to let go of past and maybe we'll get that flashback again once she got her own fight (hopefully)

BangOO🍅

Pepebusi Spammer
Yamato is more forced than Carrot
Its basically the same thing when we see Carrot earlier in the Thousand Sunny, because after she saw Pedro willing to dead for the sake of the strawhats and she going for Sulong Form, thats a good point for her if Oda will make Carrot as a next strawhats.

With Yamato, we just see her in 3 chapter, so we cant judge her yet.

Can you describe what do you mean by "average"?
He design is rather bland, not really impressive to start. His character is also rather generic, at least to me. And he was at Marineford, which is an enormous minus to me, because I really don't see how anyone fighting in this war can join the SH while the rest of the crew missed something so fundamental to Luffy and One Piece itself.

He's very powerful sure, but power doesn't matter much to me.

BangOO🍅

Pepebusi Spammer
He design is rather bland, not really impressive to start. His character is also rather generic, at least to me. And he was at Marineford, which is an enormous minus to me, because I really don't see how anyone fighting in this war can join the SH while the rest of the crew missed something so fundamental to Luffy and One Piece itself.

He's very powerful sure, but power doesn't matter much to me.
He helping Luffy in Impel Down, Marineford, Post-Marineford, Fishman Island, WCI.
Design wise he isn't that good, but you have to realize he is the most contributed person for Luffy right now..

Jinbei has the most unique design of any of the Strawhats, by a country mile. The only one who comes close to competing is Franky. Let alone compared Carrot or Yamato, whose design can at best be described as bland- a tall Nami with eyebrows and horns and generic anthropomorphic rabbit

Gigantic sumo-shaped blue fishman in traditional Japanese dress, big tattoo on his chest, lightning bolt scar, tusks, v-shaped mouth, gills, bushy beard, stubby nose, deep sunk eyes, shishi inspired sideburns and eyebrows, bushy hair in a ponytail with white streaks in it.

Average design my ass.

He's also been the best One Piece character of the last decade. Comparing four chapter Yamato or Carrot the background rabbit to him is an insult.

Rant over

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.