Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Hello everyone, new here.

Just seen that the conversation was interesting, so I wanted to put my two cents in on the matter:

I think Yamato has a legitimate shot at joining the crew. Considering she's had two dramatic introductions and chapter title's dedicated just to her.

She's tied to the arc's main antagonist with an alluded sad past which is going to be expanded upon, alongside the Ace stuff.

She's already been characterized quite a bit in just 4 chapters, that its kinda in your face.

Plus, a desire to leave Wano and set sail, plus the self-invitation bit, and no interest in ruling.

I don't see the Yama-o as a negative towards her chance, as I see it more as a positive first impression Luffy has.

Just need to see more from her before being really certain.
Welcome aboard, I like you already!! #Yamato4Nakama :cheers:

Toki's unknown daughter? That doesn't make much sense. While I'll give credence to her mom being a Wano citizen, which is, in my opinion more believable than someone like Black Maria at this time.

Oda did a far better job this chapter of making Yamato far more distinguishable than last chapter. And yeah, her and Big Mom do look alike, but could be attributed to typical designs as well.
If Oda can make that Kanjuro is Orochi's family I don't see any problem with Yamato become Toki's daughter.

You can say Yamato is Big Mom's daughter but you can't make any theory based on any physical attribute when almost all of her daughter didn't look like her except Chiffon and Lola, and both of them are similar to BM's current body not her young appearance.

If Oda can make that Kanjuro is Orochi's family I don't see any problem with Yamato become Toki's daughter.

You can say Yamato is Big Mom's daughter but you can't make any theory based on any physical attribute when almost all of her daughter didn't look like her except Chiffon and Lola, and both of them are similar to BM's current body not her young appearance.
We've seen several of Big Mom's children have some type of physical trait similar to Big Mom, while I did say Yamato looks similar to a younger big mom, I also admitted to it possibly being a typical oda design.

And as for the Toki unknown daughter thing. What would be the narrative purpose of a twist like that? Especially when we haven't had any type of hints to it? You would think we would see a little foreshadowing or hints in the flashback when she was in Wano, right?

We've seen several of Big Mom's children have some type of physical trait similar to Big Mom, while I did say Yamato looks similar to a younger big mom, I also admitted to it possibly being a typical oda design.

And as for the Toki unknown daughter thing. What would be the narrative purpose of a twist like that? Especially when we haven't had any type of hints to it? You would think we would see a little foreshadowing or hints in the flashback when she was in Wano, right?
While I dislike the idea of Yamato being BM's daughter, I'm not really rejecting it. I just can't see any resemblance if it based on physical trait. Big Mom so far has one of most distinguishable design among female character either it's good or bad while Yamato's design arisen as one of hot topic for her similarity with Nami. Do you mind to show me where's the most similar thing except the fact that they are really big for female. Black Maria wanna say hi.

One thing I can say or sure: Either Wano's citizen or Black Maria being her mom are more reasonable due to how long Kaido have stayed in Wano? And for Black Maria thing, her being brothel's owner is enough to explain that. And not the ordinary owner. She seems like can calm Kaido down for moment. I don't remember if there is any implicit thing if Kaido and BM has somewaht involved romantically (You can correct me tho).

The more important Yamato's role will be, the greater her chance she will become Vivi's new world or Rebecca's.

I'm not against she joining the SH's as long she take second 'M' in MFMM pattern. I'm still rooting for Carrot or any woman like Monet (sadly she won't come back) or even Pudding to take that 'F' spot. WHY???

I can see her role will relate to anything that involved some mechanism (don't know the better words) like Usopp and Franky.

And I prefer four girls in the crew cause I don't like the third wheel in group. I can see if there are three girls, one of them will be left out during girls conversation.
Weird how Yamato is a problem but Pudding and Monet aren't? Lol

While I dislike the idea of Yamato being BM's daughter, I'm not really rejecting it. I just can't see any resemblance if it based on physical trait. Big Mom so far has one of most distinguishable design among female character either it's good or bad while Yamato's design arisen as one of hot topic for her similarity with Nami. Do you mind to show me where's the most similar thing except the fact that they are really big for female. Black Maria wanna say hi.

One thing I can say or sure: Either Wano's citizen or Black Maria being her mom are more reasonable due to how long Kaido have stayed in Wano? And for Black Maria thing, her being brothel's owner is enough to explain that. And not the ordinary owner. She seems like can calm Kaido down for moment. I don't remember if there is any implicit thing if Kaido and BM has somewaht involved romantically (You can correct me tho).
It's not like I'm 100% on the theory either, I just brought up the possibility due to the 'life debt' plot line still not being addressed, which probably will be revealed soon in the future.

Her design, honestly was far more unique this chapter than last, and her intitial reveal was unique. As long as Oda can stay consistent with it, then its pretty distinguishable.
Post automatically merged:

I feel Yamato is fairly unique in design, it really just needs Oda to stay consistent with it.

I don't really get what you mean here. I'm not an english speaker so I can't conclude what your reply is. But I tried to answer based on what I've understand.

Yamato and Monet both fall into cool character type. And by cool here is attitude and phy appearance.
1. Attitude: Yeah they're cool. No need to explain. We know that.
2. Phy appearance: Monet easily take that. I lived for that green hair. She really rocks it. Her logia is adding 10 trillion point. And for Yamato's? Her design is questionable. Is there any any new color design tho?

Pudding is not a cool character type but her power make up for it.

Now what do Monet and Pudding have but Yamato doesn't?
- Their background and first impression.
Both are enemy. Both has that 'cool and/or smart enemy aura' All of female crew so far showed that. Yes Yamato is an enemy but she never showed that she's on her father's side even for once.

Plus Monet's theory out there.

How Carrot is an exception? She never described as new potential crew until she hides on the ship. Now people joining on her hype. I'm not her hard supporter but I'm a sucker of Sulong.

- Now, if Yamato was a boy, there will never be a debate among fans. She has gained fans without her appearance due to her being possibly a 'boy'
But since she's a girl and her design is NOT that distinguishable, not to mention her name is boyish for sure. If only her name is yuki (lol). And the rest like we all know.

I just sum up what maybe happened in fandom. Idk what exactly happened since I'm new here but I've followed this forum since covid-19 emerged.

Last edited:
I'm not aware there is a people who rejected Jinbe will join SHP after he defending Luffy from Akainu, make Luffy realize he still had his Nakama, give his blood to Luffy.
Thats wild lol
and until the very last chap of OP, they will keep harping "Jinbe didnt join the SHP" / "He is not true SHP(whatever that even means)" / "Jinbe will die no.45616515614" / "Jinbe doesnt match crews dynamic" so on so forth

like outside of reading poneglyph(which mind u rarely happens) Robin hasnt been much of an SHP herself most of the story. she is the ultimate background SHP:josad:. dont worry she will be relevant again in End of Wano...when we need her to read the red poneglyph:pepelit:
She isnt needed cuz she is Robin, she is needed cuz she is the ONE who can read those god damn stones:ronalugh:
she is basically "Translator the Human":pepecry:

Robin died when she joined SHP:pepemy:

The Character design argument against Yamato is not valid.
Luffy saying Zou is like an island of choppers is Oda telling us that Minks looks like Chopper. That is a fact that Oda wanted to convey to us.

Yamato looks like Nami clone is subjective and is an opinion. Show me a panel in which luffy says to Yamato that she looks like Nami then it will become a manga fact that Oda wants to convey to us readers.
i joined this message board just to point out how stupid this statement is. so Turles from DBZ doesn't look like Goku because Gohan doesn't say he does? or is it an objective fact that they resemble each other? "what Oda wishes to convey" SAYS YOU wtf if someone looks like someone they look like someone are you dumb?

Status
Not open for further replies.