Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, precisely.

Whilst they've interacted, Luffy isn't exactly impressed with her. And whilst that on its own doesn't mean much, that was basically what the reasonable claims for Yamato4nakama were banking on. Her and Luffy hitting it off right away and some quality time off the bat. Which didn't happen.

Yamato told Luffy her entire deal. Her idol, her wish, her backstory, her restrictions. Bam, bam, bam, we quickly fly through each of them and the very next chapter after she mentions the handcuffs and how they've been oh so restrictive and are responsible for her imprisonment for 20 whole years, Luffy takes them off. It's not made into some big deal with Luffy finally freeing her and allowing her to pursue her dream, instead it's played out like a joke. "Waaa, father was really gonna kill me!!!" *Gag crying face*

Despite how dark it should be, it's not treated as the serious ordeal that it is. And after which, Luffy holds back Yamato, telling her that the scabbards should be the ones to initiate the attack on Kaido, not her, despite being Kaido's daughter and her idolisation of Oden.

I also don't think not having a dream yet is a big deal since Oda can reveal that at any point tbh. He's revealed dreams for crew mates just before they join like in the case of Brook, so there's that. And for role whilst I'd agree it's too early to declare she doesn't have one (Although I don't think she ever will), it also doesn't help that her fellow candidate in Carrot has already been repeatedly positioned in a functional role on the crew in the lookout position. Similar to how Oda foreshadowed Jinbe being the straw hats helmsman by having him helm from Impel Down to Marineford. At the time he was just another helmsman with no mention on his amazing skills, but hundreds of chapters later, when the time came, he built on a skill previously shown to highlight that Jinbe is in fact amazing.
What’s the nicknames did Luffy give to the Grandfleet

Weird headcanon to think she still wants anything to do with her father's crew.
These people will try any excuse they can to justify their weak ass claims. :kayneshrug:
:arnoling:
I've told several a people to stop being hasty but they get all bitchy on me, As if they know any better than I do. God damn I just want to fucking smack em. Whether or not Yamato actually joins is up in the air but her chances are skyhigh in comparison to the drivel that is Carrot.
As for Yamato's characterization, Yes we know what has happened in the past, but we don't know what will happen in the future, Oda could very well do things differently; As he has, He's got alot of things going on in the story right now so he's juggling both introducing this new character on top of getting the Raid started and moving. It's commendable so far.

These people will try any excuse they can to justify their weak ass claims. :kayneshrug:
:arnoling:
I've told several a people to stop being hasty but they get all bitchy on me, As if they know any better than I do. God damn I just want to fucking smack em. Whether or not Yamato actually joins is up in the air but her chances are skyhigh in comparison to the drivel that is Carrot.
As for Yamato's characterization, Yes we know what has happened in the past, but we don't know what will happen in the future, Oda could very well do things differently; As he has, He's got alot of things going on in the story right now so he's juggling both introducing this new character on top of getting the Raid started and moving. It's commendable so far.
I actually find it kind of insane how much characterization she's gotten within these 4 chapters when we're still in the dark about her inner workings.

Yeah, It's what i've tried explaining to her haters. She's gotten alot of it with so few panels, Either's it's Oda rushing or he's intending for something big with her.
Idk about other's opinions since I just joined, but I'm thinking Oda is building up to a twist with Yamato, a massive one at that. One could be her being related to the life debt between Kaido and Big Mom or some other importance

Idk about other's opinions since I just joined, but I'm thinking Oda is building up to a twist with Yamato, a massive one at that. One could be her being related to the life debt between Kaido and Big Mom or some other importance
I mean anything is up in the air. But currently Yamato is involved in the main story, she's with Luffy and intends to take down Kaidou, but we knew her hesitance before the cuffs, now it's time to see after the fact.

Honestly, I didn't like the idea at first, but she does look eerily similar to young Big Mamu. Which makes me curious about her and Luffy being very close to Big Mom and what the interaction is going to be like
Wow you're the first one who said she looks like Big Mom. Yeah anyway Yamato has Nami's template but I never see someone said young BM had nami's template. I also really dislike that idea. I'm more into that Yamato is Toki's unknown daughter or her mom is Wano citizen. Hell i'm even wanted to jump to "Yamato is Black Maria daughter" train.

The more important Yamato's role will be, the greater her chance she will become Vivi's new world or Rebecca's.

I'm not against she joining the SH's as long she take second 'M' in MFMM pattern. I'm still rooting for Carrot or any woman like Monet (sadly she won't come back) or even Pudding to take that 'F' spot. WHY???

I can see her role will relate to anything that involved some mechanism (don't know the better words) like Usopp and Franky.

And I prefer four girls in the crew cause I don't like the third wheel in group. I can see if there are three girls, one of them will be left out during girls conversation.

Wow you're the first one who said she looks like Big Mom. Yeah anyway Yamato has Nami's template but I never see someone said young BM had nami's template. I also really dislike that idea. I'm more into that Yamato is Toki's unknown daughter or her mom is Wano citizen. Hell i'm even wanted to jump to "Yamato is Black Maria daughter" train.
Toki's unknown daughter? That doesn't make much sense. While I'll give credence to her mom being a Wano citizen, which is, in my opinion more believable than someone like Black Maria at this time.

Oda did a far better job this chapter of making Yamato far more distinguishable than last chapter. And yeah, her and young Big Mom do look alike, but could be attributed to typical designs as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.