Speculations Who will defeat Big Mom?

Who will defeat Big Mom?

• Total voters
She had her own arc(Whole cake island) where she was main Antagonist, then got into Wano arc and then you guys think she going to Elbaf? 3 Arcs of one Antagonist who is not rly important to story(not to Have so much influence in story) if she does she gonna be above likes Akainu, Blackbeard, Shanks! I can bet Oda wont give her one more arc especially as she isn’t very liked in fandom. She is meme (literally) look what Oda do to her, she got Humiliated even tho she is one of strongest in verse,
Then One piece staff hyped this war to be greater than MF but without BM & crew it can't be.. If Oda wanted bring BM to Wano only to weaken Kaido it would suck but i Dont think he brought her just because of it,
At end i do belive she will be defeated here, or AT LEAST she will be out of picture for remain of story

Yep I now truly believe that Big Mom is going to be defeated in the Wano arc, the latest chapter 987 was the second time that Luffy said he wants to defeat all of them including Big Mom. Kaido and Big Mom will be the last villains left standing during the war after every other villains such as the Calamities, Tobi Roppo, Perospero, and the others get defeated, then we will have the SHs along with the Supernovas facing off against both Kaido and Big Mom it will be the new generation vs the old generation.

Yes. This giant wano war will be the end of the Rocks Duo or by Sengoku's words; the ever-bickering cat and dog. Their downfall will mark the end of an era, as remaining (and possible) ex-members of Rocks such as Shiki, Shakky, or Bakin are unlikely to make a huge impact again, atleast not in scale of these two emperors. Shakky has retired long time ago, Shiki most likely won't make a big comeback/impact since we still have too many unresolved + future beefs with major villains and time's getting shorter. Bakkin is just an old hag controlling Weevil, Weevil is the focus.

She had her own arc(Whole cake island) where she was main Antagonist, then got into Wano arc and then you guys think she going to Elbaf? 3 Arcs of one Antagonist who is not rly important to story(not to Have so much influence in story) if she does she gonna be above likes Akainu, Blackbeard, Shanks! I can bet Oda wont give her one more arc especially as she isn’t very liked in fandom. She is meme (literally) look what Oda do to her, she got Humiliated even tho she is one of strongest in verse,
Then One piece staff hyped this war to be greater than MF but without BM & crew it can't be.. If Oda wanted bring BM to Wano only to weaken Kaido it would suck but i Dont think he brought her just because of it,
At end i do belive she will be defeated here, or AT LEAST she will be out of picture for remain of story
I still think she'll be in Elbaf, but not as a villain. Like @DarkWitch mentioned, this chapter is convincing me she will get taken out this arc, but imo, mostly her evil personality. This is probably why Oda introduced O-Lin, because he very likely will use the personality again with her.

Im starting to think Luffy vs. BM will be his initial fight, and a huge Ryou haki (maybe a new Gear 4 form) attack will cause her to knock back into O-Lin. Its a good way to show that Luffy has the power to fight Kaido, while not having him entirely defeatinf a Yonko prior to fighting Kaido. Perospero could be there to take her away from Wano, but I think they'll give chase to Luffy and the others to Elbaf. There, perhaps other BMP members are villains/battles but I think the focus mainly will be on BM understanding what she did 60 years ago and also reconciling with Chiffon and Lola.

This IS still a plot thread that needs to be addressed in Elbaf, otherwise the cover story really doesn't make sense or lead anywhere.

Or I could be entirely wrong. Guess is as good as any

Yea I think think its like you guys said. Big Mom and Kaido should fall this arc to make way for a world ruled by the likes of Luffy, Kidd, Law, Teach, Weevil,Katakuri,etc
Last chapter gave me the vibes that Kaido may be weakened by the scabbards. Luffy may have his 1v1 against Linlin then give the finishing blow to a nerfed Kaido

I think the interesting question is this: Luffy has beaten 3 Shichibukai, but each clearly was stronger than the last with their abilities. There is no set standard of power within the Shichibukai. Mihawk is likely one of the strongest characters in the series. Weevil is allegedly similar to prime whitebeard in strength. And then Buggy exists lol.

While we can certainly treat BB and Shanks the same way, considering the former will probably grow immensely before the EoS and Shanks is a complete enigma (who knows how strong he really is), we can't for BM and Kaido. They are essentially equal in many ways and have been treated as such. They fought for days with practically no damage it seems and in 40 years they can't best each other.

So its interesting to me if BM doesn't actually go down in Wano. But how do you beat one Yonko without downplaying the other? How is that even possible?

But then you think about O-Lin. I have a big feeling Luffy is gonna knock her back into that state, and doing so will remove her as a threat from the arc at some point. As much as people hate it, its a way to not downplay Kaido while also showing that Luffy is strong enough to take him on eventually. It also doesn't mean her crew can't go down this arc either. In fact, I see most of the BMP losing here, and many of them reforming under O-Lin's personality. This way the Elbaf plotline could potentially still happen, but she'd be more an ally than villain.