Speculations Who will defeat Big Mom?

Who will defeat Big Mom?

• Total voters

Bogard

You can't win
As the title says, i decided to focus this topic around the question of who will defeat Big Mom, which i think is an important question to ask.

Now there are 2 opinions going around right now

- Big Mom will be defeated in Elbaf
- Big Mom will be defeated in Wano

I'd give my opinion though

First of all i think Big Mom will be defeated in Wano, and not in Elbaf for few reasons

- Kaido and Big Mom were part of the same crew before, with the return of the Rocks being hyped like no tomorrow by the marines until it actually happened

On the other hand, we are in an arc where multiple brats from the worst generation are involved(Luffy, Kid, Law, Hawkins, Drake and co), with them portrayed even before the arc started as potential rulers of the seas, with one of them potentially becoming pirate king(we know it'd be Luffy though)

Imo then, it makes sense for the remnants of the Rocks to be defeated together with the rise of the shining stars of the Worst generation

I also think the reason there is a Kaido - Big Mom alliance in the first place was in preparation of the Worst generation alliance indicated by the reaction Kid and Law had this chapter after hearing they allied

With Drake already involved in helping Law to escape at one point, and Hawkins also having a card that could potentially be used against allies

When we look at the difference in number and power(while discounting worst gen captains since they aren't really working for Kaido except Apoo maybe) between both camps it makes sense as well.

- Luffy should be superior to everyone not named Kaido and Big Mom right now
- Kid shouldn't be far off judging by his portrayal comparatively to Luffy
- Law, Zoro, Sanji are superior to anyone not named calamities
- Inuarashi, Nekomamushi, Denjiro, Ashura Doji, Kawamatsu are all portrayed to be able to clean house with everyone, not named calamities

If Marco and Izo comes, it will be worse. With the Yakuza army helping to clean out with the rest.

So when looking just at this, it's pretty clear that even Kaido will not be able to tip the balance against all this, which is where Big Mom is involved in and creating a situation of despair, which is detrimental to make the arc interesting, but with the other worst gen fighters involved in, it could somewhat create realistic chances to make it possible

----------

Now i know that Big Mom has a backstory in Elbaf, but imo it doesn't mean she has to be defeated there for few reasons:

- Elbaf is portrayed as a country out of her reach, evident by the fact that for decades, she never managed to ally with them despite wanting to be pirate king at all cost, and thus she can't truly rule Elbaf to be an Elbaf antagonist

- You don't need to go to Elbaf to become pirate king(Roger didn't go there on his way to Pirate king) and because of this then, it makes Elbaf less important. Outside of a source of inspiration for Usopp, it doesn't seem that relevant and we already saw a village of Elbaf in a flashback to boot, because of this then, i think either Oda will use Elbaf as a cover story or it'd be used as a short arc like Zou for the readers to have a short break after the destruction of the Rocks. Could also indirectly be used to redeem Big Mom and her backstory, but only after she'd be defeated in Wano

- One Piece writing also doesn't make it likely that Big Mom will get another arc. She already got her arc in WCI, is now involved in the Wano arc. Don't think Oda will really give her a third arc after all this when we're this close to end of serie, with the throne war battle between yonko, schibukai, revos, marines, worst generation already declared. And Luffy already got a copy of Big Mom's road poneglyph, making the purpose of their battle after Wano when we should be closer to become pirate king less relevant. By the end of Wano, Luffy will at least get 3 if not the 4 road poneglyph(1 from Big Mom, 1 from Zou, at least 1 from Wano), so it makes more sense imo that Oda will have a switch to stronger antagonists(World Government/Blackbeard).

----------

Thinking like this way then, it makes you question who would defeat Big Mom in that case?

- Oda already implied Luffy would be the one to defeat Kaido
- For Big Mom though, i think the one who will defeat her is Kid because Kid already has history with her, with her lying about the events in WCI and thus Kid ultimately wanting for Big Mom to pay for this

Furthermore than this, Kid is a character Oda originally meant to play a huge role in the manga, the biggest role since his creation of SNs in Sabaody, and i think that big role could be him ending up highlighted as taking down one of the yonko

Could also be seen as a compensation after all the lie that was spreading over his head

Of course this is just my opinion, so with that said, i'd just tell you to give your thoughts on the comment below :optimistic:

This is just my opinion, but personally I think Big Mom is one of those characters that just self destructs. I mean most of Big Mom's setbacks are because of her own hubris. She couldn't properly fight the Strawhats for most of Cake Island due to a sugar trance that basically made her an angry Zombie. She lost Zeus that way, too. She also almost died because she sailed straight into Wano instead of trying a sneak in. I mean if Law and company could do it without being noticed, there was a way. But nope, Big Mom just had to charge right in! So I'm sure she'll get into battle with Luffy, but I wouldn't be the least surprised if she got stupidly defeated by her own actions in the end.

Most likely guess would be by Luffy in Elbaf if she doesn't goes through another twist that cause her to become nice again or to fight someone else like Blackbeard.
I am pretty sure that she will come back to Elbaf given her strong connection with the country, the fact that most of her crew and children and Prometheus are absent from Wano and that it would make no sense for her to be defeated in that case and the case of Mother Carmel and Streusen that may come back.

I think she's going to deal with Blackbeard during the Wano war after Totland destruction.
She will be defeated by him but the strawhats will save her.
Then they will reach Elbaf together while BB takes Kaido's life and gives his DF to Burgess :finally:

Big Mom will become a good old lady there thanks to the giants that knows what she did to Mother Carmel and give Prometheus to Sanji :daydream:

J

Jo_Ndule

As the title says, i decided to focus this topic around the question of who will defeat Big Mom, which i think is an important question to ask.

Now there are 2 opinions going around right now

- Big Mom will be defeated in Elbaf
- Big Mom will be defeated in Wano

I'd give my opinion though

First of all i think Big Mom will be defeated in Wano, and not in Elbaf for few reasons

- Kaido and Big Mom were part of the same crew before, with the return of the Rocks being hyped like no tomorrow by the marines until it actually happened

On the other hand, we are in an arc where multiple brats from the worst generation are involved(Luffy, Kid, Law, Hawkins, Drake and co), with them portrayed even before the arc started as potential rulers of the seas, with one of them potentially becoming pirate king(we know it'd be Luffy though)

Imo then, it makes sense for the remnants of the Rocks to be defeated together with the rise of the shining stars of the Worst generation

I also think the reason there is a Kaido - Big Mom alliance in the first place was in preparation of the Worst generation alliance indicated by the reaction Kid and Law had this chapter after hearing they allied

With Drake already involved in helping Law to escape at one point, and Hawkins also having a card that could potentially be used against allies

When we look at the difference in number and power(while discounting worst gen captains since they aren't really working for Kaido except Apoo maybe) between both camps it makes sense as well.

- Luffy should be superior to everyone not named Kaido and Big Mom right now
- Kid shouldn't be far off judging by his portrayal comparatively to Luffy
- Law, Zoro, Sanji are superior to anyone not named calamities
- Inuarashi, Nekomamushi, Denjiro, Ashura Doji, Kawamatsu are all portrayed to be able to clean house with everyone, not named calamities

If Marco and Izo comes, it will be worse. With the Yakuza army helping to clean out with the rest.

So when looking just at this, it's pretty clear that even Kaido will not be able to tip the balance against all this, which is where Big Mom is involved in and creating a situation of despair, which is detrimental to make the arc interesting, but with the other worst gen fighters involved in, it could somewhat create realistic chances to make it possible

----------

Now i know that Big Mom has a backstory in Elbaf, but imo it doesn't mean she has to be defeated there for few reasons:

- Elbaf is portrayed as a country out of her reach, evident by the fact that for decades, she never managed to ally with them despite wanting to be pirate king at all cost, and thus she can't truly rule Elbaf to be an Elbaf antagonist

- You don't need to go to Elbaf to become pirate king(Roger didn't go there on his way to Pirate king) and because of this then, it makes Elbaf less important. Outside of a source of inspiration for Usopp, it doesn't seem that relevant and we already saw a village of Elbaf in a flashback to boot, because of this then, i think either Oda will use Elbaf as a cover story or it'd be used as a short arc like Zou for the readers to have a short break after the destruction of the Rocks. Could also indirectly be used to redeem Big Mom and her backstory, but only after she'd be defeated in Wano

- One Piece writing also doesn't make it likely that Big Mom will get another arc. She already got her arc in WCI, is now involved in the Wano arc. Don't think Oda will really give her a third arc after all this when we're this close to end of serie, with the throne war battle between yonko, schibukai, revos, marines, worst generation already declared. And Luffy already got a copy of Big Mom's road poneglyph, making the purpose of their battle after Wano when we should be closer to become pirate king less relevant. By the end of Wano, Luffy will at least get 3 if not the 4 road poneglyph(1 from Big Mom, 1 from Zou, at least 1 from Wano), so it makes more sense imo that Oda will have a switch to stronger antagonists(World Government/Blackbeard).

----------

Thinking like this way then, it makes you question who would defeat Big Mom in that case?

- Oda already implied Luffy would be the one to defeat Kaido
- For Big Mom though, i think the one who will defeat her is Kid because Kid already has history with her, with her lying about the events in WCI and thus Kid ultimately wanting for Big Mom to pay for this

Furthermore than this, Kid is a character Oda originally meant to play a huge role in the manga, the biggest role since his creation of SNs in Sabaody, and i think that big role could be him ending up highlighted as taking down one of the yonko

Could also be seen as a compensation after all the lie that was spreading over his head

Of course this is just my opinion, so with that said, i'd just tell you to give your thoughts on the comment below :optimistic:
Why would Oda mention anyone else except Luffy in that interview?
Also that interview was during Zou or so.

BM cant fall without her knowing the truth about mother caramel,

I see the battle like this :
BM vs Kizaru + Apoo Hawkins Drake
Kaido vs Kidd Luffy Law + Admiral/Katakuri

Or BM vs Kidd Apoo Kizaru / Kaido vs Luffy Law Katakuri/Admiral

Kaido falls and die but BM survives and escapes into retirement.

Why would Oda mention anyone else except Luffy in that interview?
Also that interview was during Zou or so.

BM cant fall without her knowing the truth about mother caramel,

I see the battle like this :
BM vs Kizaru + Apoo Hawkins Drake
Kaido vs Kidd Luffy Law + Admiral/Katakuri

Or BM vs Kidd Apoo Kizaru / Kaido vs Luffy Law Katakuri/Admiral

Kaido falls and die but BM survives and escapes into retirement.
:cheers:

At this point it would be strange if only Kaido is defeated and BM escapes.

They have been labeled as peers, if BM escapes then there is no more hype in a character on par with the last villain but escaped instead to fight to the end.

We are with BM since WCI, now she is in Wano as well and honestly another arc, and the very next, with BM, who is either way important for her weight so can not be sidelined so much, at best like what is happening here in Wano, will be probably too much.

Thinking about it and linking some dots puts in the mamga here and there it could very well be that the both of them will be defeated now so to sumbolize the rise of the new generation (worst gen) and the fall of the old one (with maybe BB taking out Shanks at the same time so that all the "old gen" yonkos are out of the picture). All the SN on Wano vs Kaido and BM could be enough. And at the same time we will have the dawn of the Katakuri pirates and maybe King rising his own flag (depending on how Oda will play his character). So after this Luffy, Law and Kidd will be born like new yonkos. Afterall BM has been totally spoiled as a character, her story, powers, crew, what will Oda tell about her in still another arc? Kaido can end with the arc as well and we still have stronger characters for the next arcs (BB, Shanks maybe world gov guys like Akainu or IM, Weevil as a young wb has his chances as well, the new PX who according to Vegapunk can take the place of the shikis we don't lack candidates).

I think it would be such a drag for Big Mom to not get defeated this arc. This is the second arc where she is the main antagonist. Oda cannot drag this out any more.

Given Luffy's mastery of G4, ACoA, and FS over the past 2 weeks, I think Luffy could 1v1 kaido with very little help. Hence, I think a combination of Kid, Law, Zoro, and Sanji will take out Big Mom.

Will she come back in elbaf? Probably, but I doubt she would be an antagonist in elbaf. The way I see it is this. Big Mom is the key to elbaf. The giants of elbaf despise big mom. Therefore, anyone who defeats big mom and delivers her to the giants could gain the alliance of elbaf.

I simply do not think this will be Luffy. Could Luffy have a rematch with Big Mom in the future? sure, but Oda isn't going to build an entire arc around it.

I think Elbaf could actually be a big mom rescue arc. Basically, post wano One piece will be about Blackbeard's rise to power. Blackbeard will invade WCI, take out big mom, steal her poneglyph, and deliver big mom to elbaf in order to form an alliance with the giants of elbaf. This would make the blackbeard pirates the strongest pirate crew.

Luffy would form an alliance with Shanks and the Big Mom pirates in order to prevent blackbeard from becoming pirate king. Kid would form an alliance with blackbeard to kill shanks.

Elbaf will be about rescuing big mom and stopping blackbeard.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
I think Big Mom will never been fully defeated in a big fight by anyone when she is at the peak of her powers :

- Kaido will either club her head and she will be back to child again and the BMP will run away with her

- She will escape during Onigashima and during Elbaf she will be back to her child nature again (Carmel; Giants connections etc)

- If she is defeated she will be in a lesser state : hugry or child.

2 Yonko is too much to deal only for the alliance now. So either Kaido hurts BM (sneak attack) or a thrid party (BB or Admiral) or she takes a hit in the head. But BM has to come back in Elbaf because of her history and so much of BM remains unexplored. So she will be there for an other arc.