Speculations Who will defeat Big Mom?

Who will defeat Big Mom?

• Total voters
P

PeperLevi

- Law, Zoro, Sanji are superior to anyone not named calamities
Zoro~Amande~Jack~Chopper~Gion~Kyros>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Sanji
Stop of downplay Chopper and put him out the highest levels.

Zoro~Amande~Jack~Chopper~Gion~Kyros>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Sanji
Call me when chopper can beat a bunch of trees. Sanji at least can do that.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Who the hell was talking about Chopper, and WHAT the hell are you talking about in general?? He’s a great character with tons of potential, and he tanked a (single) hit from Linlin in WCI, but you cannot honestly read One Piece and think he’s been portrayed as more powerful than Sanji.

I'm not overthinking this one: Luffy stated "After I've taken down Kaido, you're next!" and he also stated "I will beat all four of them (Yonkous)!" back on PH, so I believe her story will indeed end on Elbaf.
Since she was a child, she has been a good girl moved by good intentions. Even as O-Lin she was like that.
Streusen misled her mind, the true Linlin must come back :cheers:

I think this thread has opened another irrelevant topic that i can't ignore no matter what unfortunately. if you're interested, open it lol.

While it's practically confirmed that both Kaido and BM will fall in Wano, it doesn't necessarily mean Elbaf would be unimportant/neglected to a cover story. in fact, Elbaf is significantly important to the plot, it would be the key and the unbreakable sword for pirate king Luffy to destroy the world government.

As explained by the Ragnarok theory written by Admiral Ryokugyu before, One Piece has many Norse themes (Oda's first inspiration was a viking cartoon). Ym-sama could even based upon Norse god Ymir, while the world nobles who are hailed as the "gods who created this world" are based on Norse gods. and the giants are the ones who destroyed them in norse mythology during Ragnarok, final war. furthermore, it's heavily implied the giant hat in Pangea Castle belongs to Joy Boy, the owner of the One Piece treasure, which possibly confirms that he's a giant too.

Just ask yourself, why would Oda introduce Elbaf as the most powerful country in the entire world and save it up untill the massive war end of story ? when Strawhats reach Laugh Tale, they would already know all history and how Joy Boy failed to take down Imu and the original 20 world nobles. overwhelmed by the world government's strength, they will seek help from the strongest military force, the possible home and race of Joy Boy, Elbaf, to face the massive power of the WG.

It wouldn't only be ironic and laughable to see the world government get destroyed by the same race of Joy Boy 800 years later, but Elbaf and its giants also have been tricked and humiliated by the world government multiple times, they manipulated Omiio and Kashi to work for them, worked with the underworld broker Mother Carmel to take John Giant, strengthened Mother Carmel which resulted to her raising potentially powerful agents in the future, allowing the village of Elbaf to get destroyed. It would be remarkable to see that end of story, instead of helping the wrong side (Big Mom) they will help the good side (Luffy) in becoming/after becoming the pirate king.

Luffy is definitely strong. he has the strongest types of Haki, immense physical strength and unbreakable will. but there's an even bigger power that lies within him which he doesn't even realize. and it's just as Mihawk said: his extraordinary gift to recruit allies and friends. so what's better than getting the strongest country as your ally against the strongest obstacle. :madmonk:

Since she was a child, she has been a good girl moved by good intentions. Even as O-Lin she was like that.
Streusen misled her mind, the true Linlin must come back :cheers:
I still think this is the most likely outcome.
I doubt Oda just showed us how innocent (with good intentions) she was as a child/in her amnesia state and doesn't come back to that. Especially since that Carmel resolution is still shady and suspicious as hell.

Very much doubt that Kid or Law defeats her. I suspect Oda's had plans for Big Mom's story arc, including her defeat, long before he'd even thought of them as characters. Plus the two of them, while actullay involved in the Kaido plot, really don't have much to do with her at all.

Her stories tied with Elbaf so she'll appear there. Suggesting that she won't be defeated here- at least, not defeated irreversibly, empire destroyed, papped in prison or dead. Plus it would be strange for her to be brought down in an arc where she's really only tangential to the main story of freeing Wano.

As for who'll end up defeating her, there's very few characters with the clout to do it.

There's Luffy, but I'm still not really of the opinion that Oda would draw Luffy beating her up. Especially given the O-Lin personality that will come up again.

There's Blackbeard, obviously, but... can we really see him being responsible for her defeat, being the killer of Whitebeard, probably defeating Shanks? Seems a bit much.

Sakazuki has the clout to do it. Especially since Blackbeard sort of stole his kill on Marineford. There's not much suggesting the two would meet anytime soon though. And it would only be Sakazuki out of the Marines that Oda would have beat her, not any of the regular Admirals who are his subordinates. He'd give the big kill to the leader.

Shanks is an interesting shout. It could serve as a big hype moment for him, especially given he's probably getting beaten by Blackbeard later and you'd think Oda would want to give him a chance to shine before that. Not sure on that.

Or an Ancient Weapon/Imu's extinguishing light. That would definitely serve to deliver on the hype.

Vegapunk's invention seems tied to the Warlords so is unlikely to be that, Mihawk and Dragon have nothing to do with Big Mom whatsoever. And I doubt that Oda would have Garp/Sengoku/Rayleigh doing it, even if they still can in their more retired states. Kaido's going down before her. If I see any mention of fucking Shiki doing it I'll scream.

Ultimately... don't have a clue. I'm pretty sure her O-Lin personality is going to come back at some point in the future (doesn't have to be Wano) but other than that, nah. It'll be interesting to see what Oda does with her in the upcoming war, that might provide a few clues.

I think Big Mom will never been fully defeated in a big fight by anyone when she is at the peak of her powers :

- Kaido will either club her head and she will be back to child again and the BMP will run away with her

- She will escape during Onigashima and during Elbaf she will be back to her child nature again (Carmel; Giants connections etc)

- If she is defeated she will be in a lesser state : hugry or child.

2 Yonko is too much to deal only for the alliance now. So either Kaido hurts BM (sneak attack) or a thrid party (BB or Admiral) or she takes a hit in the head. But BM has to come back in Elbaf because of her history and so much of BM remains unexplored. So she will be there for an other arc.
I think that if Oda went through all the trouble of setting up Rocks 2.0, having Big Mom get taken out in a sneak attack is probably the worst way to resolve this conflict.
If Oda was going to end it like this, then he shouldn't have even brought big mom into wano.

Big Mom deserves a proper defeat. Current Luffy is absolutely nothing compared to the luffy who fought kaido two weeks ago. People question how much luffy could have grown in two weeks, but forget that luffy went from being low diff material to katakuri to beating him in one fight.

also, people underestimate the alliance a lot. like Momonosuke can control Zunisha. Lets also not forget that the SH grand fleet, Marco and the WB pirates, and possibly even the vinsmokes(because Jinbei) can also make an appearance.

Honnestly I wouldn't be surprised if Oda never intended for Big Mom's role in the story to end with her defeat, like for most antagonists as @Garp the Fist nicely said, WCI arc made it clear that she and her crew wouldn't have the same treatment than most antagonists and her story which ties her deeply to Elbaf makes that she will very likely return here.
Lola's return in the story if the last cover is correct may provide a cause for her to return to her former home after so long.