Spoiler One Piece Chapter 988 Spoilers Discussion

How strong is Sanji?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone actually mad if Sanji is first commander strength by End of Wano? That’s speaks greater length about Zoro and Luffy
I'd be more bother by the sheer bs levels of growth when they haven't remotely struggled like Luffy has had to get to that point.

Since post-timeskip, Luffy had 3 life threatening battles to allow him to surpass Katakuri on the 3rd battle. Sanji has had zero relevant battles, and Zoro has had 1 and he wasnt really even trying during DR.
Yes, the argument can be made that we havent seen the upper limit of Zoro/Sanji, but are we supposed to believe their upper strength can push them beyond some of the strongest characters in the series so far?

There are other captains and allies that I think are reserved for the Calamities, not Luffys subordinates, whom i think are mainly reserved for the F6 and Numbers now. Just my opinion

MonsterZoro

Spoiler Provider
How it makes it seem is without the suit his physical strength is Mid Vet and with the suit it's Yc2/3, but his COO is still the same which imo is around YC2/3
IF the suit itself is that strong and Yonji who used the suit which revolves around physical strength then how come Sanji easily defeated Yonji who used the suit? hes about 25% stronger with the suit

I'd be more bother by the sheer bs levels of growth when they haven't remotely struggled like Luffy has had to get to that point.

Since post-timeskip, Luffy had 3 life threatening battles to allow him to surpass Katakuri on the 3rd battle. Sanji has had zero relevant battles, and Zoro has had 1 and he wasnt really even trying during DR.
Yes, the argument can be made that we havent seen the upper limit of Zoro/Sanji, but are we supposed to believe their upper strength can push them beyond some of the strongest characters in the series so far?

There are other captains and allies that I think are reserved for the Calamities, not Luffys subordinates, whom i think are mainly reserved for the F6 and Numbers now. Just my opinion
"Luffy subordinates" are going to be the pirate king strongest fighters and the characters we have been following since vol 1, tf allies are going to get the big fights :gonope:

Exactly WCI was a perfect set up, and I personally didnt like his main point which was baking a cake, I thought that whole plotline was stupid. This is why im leaning towards hypetool, but it is all about whether or not Sanji has his raidsuit on when in front of King and what that context is
The problem with what you just said is that Whole Cake Island was not a major fighting arc like Wano is, The strawhats didnt come there to defeat a yonko thats why sanji was portrayed how he was and why his role in that arc was what it was. If Luffy had come down there to defeat Big Moms crew Oda wouldve most definitely given Sanji a fight as he has whenever the strawhats have a goal to defeat somebody, because it would be necessary in that context.

do you think raid suit increasing AP?
Of course I do but when he uses altitude the gain more power, the rocket boost the game more speed and couldn't clearly put down P1 it makes me believe he's going to need more If he wants to deal with that durability.

I don't see how p1 has anything to do with this

yamato couldn't put down ulti
Luffy couldn't put down P1

they both want to go and defeat kaido

Why are you not saying anything about that?
P1 it's a good starting point since they're battle was left unfinished.

You are right, neither Luffy nor Yamato permanently put down P1 or Ulti and that's the problem. Luffy is stronger than Sanji and Yamato could be. Of course nobody was going all out but they were still able to at least temporary knock their opponent out. When Sanji vs P1 battle ended it was left unknown. The anime had P1 get up when Sanji was leaving. Maybe that was an indication that he temporarily down for several seconds but we're never going to know.

I still have the headcanon Sanji know something related to okama and he doesn't want to use it out of pride lol, but since he threw it away wearing the raid suit...
I believe Sanji did learn of their style and have adapted it to his fighting style. I can't see a skilled fighter like Sanji spending about 2 years fighting them and not pick up some of their style. We already know he developed techniques just from running for them.

See I understand. But this is the thing. Power levels and power scaling is so bs that ppl ignore that it’s bs. There’s no tiers. Pretimeskip Mr. 3 was bodying the entire strawhats including Zoro. Then in Alabasta Crocodiles Raindinners bade, Sanji Low diffed Mr.3. It took Luffy and Usopp blood sweat and tears for that fight. At the end of the day, all that matters is Current Luffy above everyone else. Luffy has abilities and techniques right now that I believe the top 10-20 strongest ppl in the world have.

Sanji will not get ryuou, possibly a different observation haki. If Sanji does fight King full on it will be with help, Oda doesn’t really bs his match up fights. So have faith bro.

If Sanji takes king, no doubt Zoro takes Kaido and Luffy takes Kaido and Big Mom. Oda would not sacrifice the entire one piece plot/battle sequence for a single battle. King is not katakuri. Luffy earned Future sight. King possibly has advanced Ryuo that Sanji won’t attain. He will only maybe attain the clout of taking on Kaidos first hand.

MonsterZoro

Spoiler Provider
Of course I do but when he uses altitude the gain more power, the rocket boost the game more speed and couldn't clearly put down P1 it makes me believe he's going to need more If he wants to deal with that durability.

P1 it's a good starting point since they're battle was left unfinished.

You are right, neither Luffy nor Yamato permanently put down P1 or Ulti and that's the problem. Luffy is stronger than Sanji and Yamato could be. Of course nobody was going all out but they were still able to at least temporary knock their opponent out. When Sanji vs P1 battle ended it was left unknown. The anime had P1 get up when Sanji was leaving. Maybe that was an indication that he temporarily down for several seconds but we're never going to know.

I believe Sanji did learn of their style and have adapted it to his fighting style. I can't see a skilled fighter like Sanji spending about 2 years fighting them and not pick up some of their style. We already know he developed techniques just from running for them.
Page one was never temporarily knocked out at all. He was knocked down and said his jaw almost dislocated but he was never out like ulti.

Sanji knocked page one down multiply times with and without the raid suit.

I think your just being extra hard on sanji and don't wnat to apply the same logic to luffy.

"Luffy subordinates" are going to be the pirate king strongest fighters and the characters we have been following since vol 1, tf allies are going to get the big fights :gonope:
My guy its about growth. Im not saying i wouldn't like it. Its about believability. Zoro and Sanji have had zero of that since the Timeskip. Zoro got a tiny bit with Enma and the black blade dialogue. That's it.

Oda spent hundreds of chapters showing Luffy struggling before managing to surpass not just one YC, but two. Are we supposed to BELIEVE that Sanji/Zoro can do this without even having prior combative experience of a similar caliber?

Enies lobby was an entirely different monster. There, everyone got stronger because their resolve was in the right place (allegedly). This is an entirely different subject. Oda clearly cares about how his MC grows to defeat these pirates. So wouldnt it make sense that he cares about the other members in his crew?

I'm saying that its super disingenuous of Oda to make Sanji/Zoro defeat YCs this arc instead of having them realistically grow to defeat Kaido's pirate captain henchmen (the F6). They'd still possibly have Shanks/Blackbeard to surpass YCs, its really not that big of a deal if they don't here. Like I dont even expect Luffy to handle Kaido alone, aka the future pirate king.

Orochi. But Zoro didn't go rage mode until he learned about Orochi giving the SMILEs to the people of Ebisu. With Orochi out of the picture, who's the person Zoro can get vengeance on? Kaido.

And how is cutting Orochi supposed to be hype for Zoro? He's a weak coward that has 0 hype in regards to his durability.
I ain't even arguing that Zoro is going to cut Orochi anymore. That ship has sailed. But I fail to see the significance between Yasu viewing Kaido as the main threat, and Zoro wanting to seek revenge against Orochi for killing Yasu.

See I understand. But this is the thing. Power levels and power scaling is so bs that ppl ignore that it’s bs. There’s no tiers. Pretimeskip Mr. 3 was bodying the entire strawhats including Zoro. Then in Alabasta Crocodiles Raindinners bade, Sanji Low diffed Mr.3. It took Luffy and Usopp blood sweat and tears for that fight. At the end of the day, all that matters is Current Luffy above everyone else. Luffy has abilities and techniques right now that I believe the top 10-20 strongest ppl in the world have.

Sanji will not get ryuou, possibly a different observation haki. If Sanji does fight King full on it will be with help, Oda doesn’t really bs his match up fights. So have faith bro.

If Sanji takes king, no doubt Zoro takes Kaido and Luffy takes Kaido and Big Mom. Oda would not sacrifice the entire one piece plot/battle sequence for a single battle. King is not katakuri. Luffy earned Future sight. King possibly has advanced Ryuo that Sanji won’t attain. He will only maybe attain the clout of taking on Kaidos first hand.

Here's the thing though, if you don't think Luffy is soloing Kaido (because apparently everyone and their mother will fight Kaido right?), then its very easy to believe his crew won't solo YCs.

Just my opinion. I really think Luffys top crew will fight F6 members instead.

Here's the thing though, if you don't think Luffy is soloing Kaido (because apparently everyone and their mother will fight Kaido right?), then its very easy to believe his crew won't solo YCs.

Just my opinion. I really think Luffys top crew will fight F6 members instead.
I’d like that better. But I do see calamity fights with the strawhats. And Luffy will solo big Mom at one point idk about Kaido with the lore and stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.