Spoiler One Piece Chapter 988 Spoilers Discussion

How strong is Sanji?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ain't the whole 'pure swordsman' 'true swordsman' bullshit made up so people can say shanks>mihawk?
I think it's the other way around. It's how Mihawk would have credibility when Shanks is obviously a more important figure.

I suppose any if the interesting opponents for Zoro here fail the test anyway, unless it somehow turns out that Who's Who really has the strength to challenge a calamity.

thats cause king was the only one called a swordsman
in the magazine.
I believe you but can you link me the page number/ chapter so I can get context?

King has a shiny blade, jack and queen have throwaway blades
Jacks blade was very focal to his fights so far, and was a special type of blade. Queen we haven't seen fight, but I doubt he carrys a sword that ugly because it looks cool, he probably does use his sword to fight in base.

Queen and Jack are not swordsman. The official magazine only called King a swordsman. I thought it called a Jack of swordsman but I can't find it.

Kaku could also use high speed and move through the air yet that didn't get him any advantage over Zoro. We only saw him do that when he was facing big mom ship. The same thing we saw from Marco. When he fought the scabbards In the past we never saw his flight help him in the fight.

Oden almost be Kaido and only can't fly at all. Right now, Kaido is facing upon if you can't fly.

PS: There is no such thing as a pure swordsman in One piece. Haki is necessary if you want to become one of the strongest swordsman.
Kaku didn't pride himself on his Geppou, yes he used it, but he was focused on his unique rankyaku, just like Jyabara was focused on his unique tekkai. If King doesn't utilise his fruit in an open air battle then that is a lot more of a PIS downgrade than someone who uses four sword style not using geppou excessively indoors when it would limit his swords. Do you literally just want King to fly at low altitudes at Zoro to clash with him and give him opportunity to hit him?

Oden cheap shotted a low floating on clouds transformed slow kaido, transformed king is not slow and is not a massive target like Kaido as I have previously outlined, it is apples and oranges, as another example if someone like Doflamingo wanted to camp in the sky/ run away there is nothing Zoro could do to stop him (without the aid of someone to throw him like vs. Pica), mobility matters outside of PIS.

Barrier haki is the pinnacle of breath of all things, that is pure swordsmanship in my book, using abilities that not everyone has ability to learn i.e. fruits/ advanced CoC takes you away from being a pure swordsman, as does using martial arts kicks as your primary combat style.

I believe you but can you link me the page number/ chapter so I can get context?

Jacks blade was very focal to his fights so far, and was a special type of blade. Queen we haven't seen fight, but I doubt he carrys a sword that ugly because it looks cool, he probably does use his sword to fight in base.

Kaku didn't pride himself on his Geppou, yes he used it, but he was focused on his unique rankyaku, just like Jyabara was focused on his unique tekkai. If King doesn't utilise his fruit in an open air battle then that is a lot more of a PIS downgrade than someone who uses four sword style not using geppou excessively indoors when it would limit his swords. Do you literally just want King to fly at low altitudes at Zoro to clash with him and give him opportunity to hit him?

Oden cheap shotted a low floating on clouds transformed slow kaido, transformed king is not slow and is not a massive target like Kaido as I have previously outlined, it is apples and oranges, as another example if someone like Doflamingo wanted to camp in the sky/ run away there is nothing Zoro could do to stop him (without the aid of someone to throw him like vs. Pica), mobility matters outside of PIS.

Barrier haki is the pinnacle of breath of all things, that is pure swordsmanship in my book, using abilities that not everyone has ability to learn i.e. fruits/ advanced CoC takes you away from being a pure swordsman, as does using martial arts kicks as your primary combat style.
magazine 6 or 7 I believe.
not stated directly in the story . story would hardly call anyone a swordsman in the first place.

you get a glimpse of how they fight here.

Status
Not open for further replies.