Spoiler One Piece Chapter 988 Spoilers Discussion

How strong is Sanji?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone earlier said King had his sword back but can't see it anywhere

Honestly, wouldn't be surprised if King was just a full blown hand to hand combatant like Luffy/Katakuri/Marco. He straight up kicks Sanji, then chokes him, then uses his zoan form to try and impale him. I really wouldn't be surprised if Marco was brought in solely for him to take on King specifically.

I've really been thinking the F6 are more the range of Luffy's crew that we actually need to see. And that's not even to say some of them aren't around Calamity range:

- Who's Who is possibly a full blown Swordsman, and could be Zoro's battle.
- Sasaki entirely reminds me of Jinbe. He also has a sword but might not be his primary mode of fighting like King/Queen/etc. Still kind of hoping they know each other.
- There is still a possibility that Page One really didn't fight Sanji to his fullest or we don't really know what happened there. I still can believe in that fight.
- Yamato vs. Ulti seems to actually be a thing still.
- Black Maria and Drake I'm not sure yet, but Nami could definitely fight Black Maria considering how broken she is.

On the calamity side, I can entirely see the Minks or Law handling Jack, while Kid or Luffy (hopefully not) handles Queen due to Udon. Marco would handle King. I can also see Brook vs. Hotei and Robin vs. Fukurokuju, and Franky/Chopper vs. the Numbers.

Things are starting to possibly make a "little" more sense as we go in terms of matchups, but there is way more to be seen. We have no idea if the rest of the BMP will join in on the chaos, how Peros or Big Mom herself will factor into battles, and finally if Orochi/Kanjuro are still alive and actual threats.

Gonna be interesting, but I do think Luffy's top brass is still ahead of themselves here. I get that Luffy is supposed to surpass a Yonko this arc, but that doesn't mean his top member HAVE to surpass Yonko commanders (by name) when we have other Yonko with YC's that need to be fought in the future too.

Just my opinion though. Oda could very well be setting up a Sanji v. King fight here. Idk.

People just forget that the F6 were former pirate captains. That already is an achievement to Luffy's crew if his top crewmates are taking out former pirate captains. We don't need to have them specifically surpass Yonko Commanders this arc. Leave that Luffy's other Pirate Captain allies.

Massive alliance of weaklings might pull it off

The dukes themselves aren't quite weaklings overall
I think the only minks that can pull it off are Inu and Neko. I still believe it’s either the two of them or Jinbe who will take care of him.

By the way, the hell is Jinbe doing ? The final fight has started and he didn’t move a muscle, he still pretends to be a Beast Pirate.

Are we seriously going to keep this design of Sanji's Raid Suit? Not only doesn't fit Sanji at all, but I find absurd to cover half of the face of a character that is meant to be driven by emotions and show them when fighting. I'm expecting a significant decrease of the emotion Oda will be capable of conveying if he can do so only through the eyes; I mean, it already feels weird in the chapter.

This is standard procedure. Sanji saving someone usually results in his own detriment. Vergo and Doffy are prime examples

Starting to really believe in that Sanji v. Page One matchup. Not as a disrespect, but because we never actually saw what happened and I feel like Oda just either didn't want to show how strong either character was or could be, or didn't want to have Page One lose there so early.

I already can "feel" the possible rivalry coming from both characters if they ever encounter each other again.

This chapter was great for Sanji, whoever thinks otherwise is just trying to bait . A very poor attempt, poor souls:doffycry:

I can't wait to see Sanji undamaged and the first DJ kick with the RS :finally:
Whether Sanji takes King alone or not, I am starting to think that this bird is his fight. He even literally used Diable Jamble on BMP’s ship too. He flies, he kicks, he uses fire based attacks, his non-nonsense personality is like Zoro’s... Way too perfect for Sanji imo...

Are we seriously going to keep this design of Sanji's Raid Suit? Not only doesn't fit Sanji at all, but I find absurd to cover half of the face of a character that is meant to be driven by emotions and show them when fighting. I'm expecting a significant decrease of the emotion Oda will be capable of convey if he can do so only through the eyes; I mean, it already feels weird in the chapter.
Maybe the suit has "levels" or transformations. Its clear this isn't the new design Oda was hyping up, but he probably wants to give the original design some more presence before overshadowing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.