General & Others Was WCI one of the best arcs of One Piece?

Was WCI one of the best arcs of One Piece?

• Total voters
I greatly enjoyed WCI, or to be more specific the first half of it lol
Like some people already mentioned, it felt unnecessarily dragged out. What was supposed to be a simple 'Sanji rescue mission' and taste of Big Mom's power ended with Luffy taking down two of her three Commanders within a few days.
Up until the escape from the Library? I was hooked. Now of course as giant Cracker fangirl that's nothing new, but I greatly enjoyed the whole theme, environment, pacing and Luffy losing for once (talking about his fight against the army). Then we had Pudding's reveal, which frankly gave me chills because it felt like Oda for once dropped that 'maiden in distress' trope and actually turned her into a genuine antagonist.
Well and everything went downhill from there.
The Escape, Assassination Plot, Tea Party, Pudding turning Tsundere/Yandere, the endless dragging of the cake making... no ma'am.
And let's not even get to Katakuri... he was honestly a complete disappointment to me. Generic design, generic personality, bad flashback (tbh it felt like a recycled Pudding/Doflamingo thing)... But still, I am convinced that Luffy shouldn't have defeated him. Because he literally took down another Commander a day or two before and... had no real time to recover, jumped from fight to fight yet still managed to take down Katakuri? Oh honey.

It's still one of my favorites, but I honestly wished Oda would have sticked to the idea of it just being an arc to rescue Sanji.

It lacks a big Sanji moment: a serious fight (Daifuku would have been his perfect opponents with his flying genie and the slap to Pudding on the rooftop ), a good plan or a sacrifice for Luffy and the others were extremely necessary to end the arc properly.
It is not bad but without that i can't enjoy it to its fullest.

Moreover the fight between Luffy and Katakuri and Big Mom chasing the Sunny have been too dragged
The atmosphere and the characters are almost perfect.
I'd say 6.5 or 7 out of 10.

I think the first half is pretty good. Then it got way to prolonged, and for many many chapters it was just the SH almost getting capture then scape again, almost getting capture, then escape again, and repeat. It was not a bad arc but it could have been shorter. Another thing was the incompetence of the BMP to deal with the crisis, they let a a group rookie’s nobody compared to them rekt around their whole base. I mean this are guys that have been in constant clash with greatest forces in the world, the other Yonko crews and the Marines. I expected less panic and more organization, since they should have accounted for as a risk Big Mom going berserk...that is a huge weakness and risk that needed to be evaluated by the organization as whole...

Charlotte LinLin

The voice of Jinbei stans 😊
I am going to be frank, WCI is still one of my most favorite arcs and probably will stay that forever. I was never a fan of Dressrosa because Doflamingo was one of the most boring villains ever, his backstory didn't really fazed me and the pacing was total bullshit. Also half the characters were needless or painfully annoying like Rebecca. In WCI i nearly loved every character, even the side ones like Diesel or Randolph which was something i hadn't had in an arc since Fishman Island(yes i was a big Hody and Vander Decken fan just like general fishman lover). Katakuri and Brulee are two highlights of this arc, their relationship made me love this arc even more, and even while some think Katakuri has a boring personality or his backstory is lame, i have to give my veto against it, up to this date i wished for him to join the Strawhats but that hasn't really something to do with this thread...

LinLin was another reason i loved this arc, i liked her personality, her character traits, the childish yet dangerous woman that never really grew up, chasing behind a motherly figure that couldn't care less about her. All this made me love her. I also greatly enjoyed Streusen, the Headchef who turned out to be the mothertruckin co-founder of the BMP and silent power behind Lin. Of course there are things that i utterly hated Oda for what he did with WCI, one reason was the shameful portrayal of Compote, Smoothie and so many other of the children. They weren't even able to show anything of their strenght(Smoothie not even that much but what had poor Compote? She got degraded as background prop and was shifted around like not even Oda knew what to do with her...)
Honestly if people say Katakuri is boring what do they think about Oven and Daifuku? They were more bland than Katakuri combined, yet they became all the attention mainly because they were the triplets of Kata, Oven was a hotheaded oaf and Daifuku the crew's answer to the look you have when you got constipation...dont even get me started on his treatment of Puddin.

I know Oda sucks in his portrayal of woman but in WCI it was especially prominent. Then Pudding turning good was another thing i utterly hated and even cursed Oda for it. She was so good in being evil, it fitted so much, but then the whole SanjixPudding mush made her like all the other damsel in distresses, a useless love tool.
The biggest thing what made me scratch my head was after the Tea Party, after the Chateau had fallen to bits...it seemed like Oda had overthrown his whole plan he had in the beginning for Whole Cake, for whatever reason, it felt like a totally different arc from after Tea Party on...maybe it was the fault of one of his editors(i think Naito was it back then?)who made him change so much, but after that more things started to bug me.
Sanji i will ignore completely because if you believe it or not, i never really liked him but after Whole Cake? This dislike just turned stronger and stronger up to the point where i literally despise him now...he is one of the worst characters Oda ever created and honest to god, at this point i would have wished that Sanji traded places with Jinbei...
Talking about my boi Jinbei...BOY was i mad as he stayed back, yet again...i could have slapped Oda left and right for shafting him again, i wanted to see him so badly traveling with the Strawhats already but nooo, he had to postpone it again, after the great speech and Luffy taking in his crew...it could have been so beautiful.

Anyway, overall i can say i would give WCI a 9 out of 10.
Things i really hated though were:

-Jinbei left behind
-Germa 66
-The whole Sanji backstory
-Pudding turning good
-The treatment of Compote
-Brulee being treated as Plot Device
-Chiffon(i really don't like her, nor did i felt anything as LinLin beated her, she just was there for me but i could have lifed without her *shrug*

Everyone that’s says Wci was good is a liar that shit was Garbage. Non interesting
Jinbe who gives a fuck
Sanji such a disappointment
big Mom is a meme
Katakuri Gay
Nami Brook -the highlights
luffy- same old luffy as ever badass

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
@Light D Lamperouge When I am back from real life called work. Try it sometime. Though again, poll doesn't change my feelings when community as a whole loves it in the end. My feels is same as them. So explain why I see it differently from my end.
I do. I am a student, plus I work as well. I even have an exam in like 7 hours, but it does not prevent me from multitasking, although not all of us are capable of that, so I understand you.

I have seen the community here and they clearly do not like it. I do not know what kind of communities you are talking about, I would like to see them, not the YouTube ones, YouTube comments hold as much value as, well actually nothing, they are that worthless.

Of course, we will wait. Looking forward to it.

I do. I am a student, plus I work as well. I even have an exam in like 7 hours, but it does not prevent me from multitasking, although not all of us are capable of that, so I understand you.

I have seen the community here and they clearly do not like it. I do not know what kind of communities you are talking about, I would like to see them, not the YouTube ones, YouTube comments hold as much value as, well actually nothing, they are that worthless.

I show you YouTube videos and comment section, many like and defended the arc. It wasn't world-wide hat around, so Idk where you think everyine truly hate it. That isn't even all proof and can still see on Twitter, Reddit, etc. on other websites who love the arc. They are big community websites where most members are for anime including OP included.

Thank you. I will come when I can on posting, but first work comes first if you understand my position.

Finalbeta

Zoro Worshipper

You are an absolute legend man.

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
I show you YouTube videos and comment section, many like and defended the arc. It wasn't world-wide hat around, so Idk where you think everyine truly hate it. That isn't even all proof and can still see on Twitter, Reddit, etc. on other websites who love the arc. They are big community websites where most members are for anime including OP included.

Thank you. I will come when I can on posting, but first work comes first if you understand my position.
And as I have stated above, YouTube and youtube comments are worthless for this. I can find countless youtube videos saying it is absolutely the worst arc ever. YouTube holds no value here. Link any One Piece related websites that confirm that the majority liked WCI. There are of course people that liked it, people in this very thread said so, however not the majority.

Of course. We will all be here.
Post automatically merged:

You are an absolute legend man.
:neesama:

And as I have stated above, YouTube and youtube comments are worthless for this. I can find countless youtube videos saying it is absolutely the worst arc ever. YouTube holds no value here. Link any One Piece related websites that confirm that the majority liked WCI. There are of course people that liked it, people in this very thread said so, however not the majority.

Of course. We will all be here.
Post automatically merged:

:neesama:
YouTube is a big format and many OP channels and reviewers lie there. You can't ignore that at all. They are apart of the community. You can choose a side and ignore another or that be unfair, man. Nah I seen more positivity they hate about it.

That is majority man and haven't even got started on other popular communities that enjoy it. YouTube isn't the only one.

Alright then.

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
YouTube is a big format and many OP channels and reviewers lie there. You can't ignore that at all. They are apart of the community. You can choose a side and ignore another or that be unfair, man. Nah I seen more positivity they hate about it.

That is majority man and haven't even got started on other popular communities that enjoy it. YouTube isn't the only one.

Alright then.
I think we went over this already, not just me, but the rest already explained. Does not matter even.

Sure.

It's a top 3 arc in the New World and Top 10 all time sorry :kayneshrug::kayneshrug::kayneshrug:
Could you elaborate please? What are your reasons for that?

Thank you.

I think we went over this already, not just me, but the rest already explained. Does not matter even.

Sure.

Could you elaborate please? What are your reasons for that?

Thank you.
Sure. A lot of it comes to how I felt about OP at the time of Dressrosa. I really didn't like Dressrosa and One Piece started feeling super formulaic to me. Zou/WCI introduced the Yonko saga and that in itself gave OP a fresh new coat of paint. The crew (or at least half of them) actually had their bonds and ideals tested which I really like since there has barely been any of that since Water 7. Big Mom is my favorite Yonko and the BMP's are my favorite Yonko crew. The art in WCI is super underrated. I love the darker undertones surrounding the arc and I love the fact that the Straw Hat's barely made it out alive and yet their accomplishments felt satisfying. I love the drama and the twists surrounding the plot too. It was a unique arc and a perfect way to kick off the Yonko Saga.

Some gripes I have with it:
Seducing Woods had some bad parts
Big Mom chase had one or two bad chapters
Sanji didn't get a full fight

Overall I think it's a 7.5/10 for me