Chapter Discussion One Piece Chapter 988: "I've kept you waiting"

Rate

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reading the discussion on the last page, I think it's time to clarify something:

The Yamato situation has NOTHING to do with transgender issues.

She is a bonafide girl and we can safely assume that she never had any problems regarding her sex. It's also why Oda makes sure to portray her as a sexy girl in every panel he draws (we even got a glorious sideboob last chapter).

This really is only a massive fangirling issue, that's a borderline mental disorder (trying to really "become" a dead person, that was her hero).
It's also actually a running gag for Oda. Every single time he brings up this issue, he makes a gag out of it. This chapter it was Yamato being shocked and actually telling herself that it's ok to protect Momo, because he's her son after all.

The people trying to turn this into an actual trans-topic are actually disgusting and the biggest transphobes and hypocrits out there. They shit on every real trans person (like Kiku) and don't even realize it.

The biggest one of those dimwits in the OP community is Artur (library of Ohara). He's really a dude with a massive Napoleon complex, that's trying to shove his agenda down his readers' throats week after week. A really obnoxious and delusional person. Actually quite dangerous for most of the younger OP fans, that follow him imho.

The biggest one of those dimwits in the OP community is Artur (library of Ohara). He's really a dude with a massive Napoleon complex, that's trying to shove his agenda down his readers' throats week after week. A really obnoxious and delusional person. Actually quite dangerous for most of the younger OP fans, that follow him imho.
I started taking Artur less seriously ever since he said that the color of carrot's vivre card was hinting at her being the traitor.

I started taking Artur less seriously ever since he said that the color of carrot's vivre card was hinting at her being the traitor.
He's a massive idiot tbh.

Someone who has somehow successfully managed to portray himself as an "OP intellectual", while he's not even smarter than your average fan.

Reading his conversation with S.Paul (official OP translator) a while back was hilarious. On his blog Artur actually dared to claim that Stephen translated something the wrong way. Stephen schooled him on Twitter because of that and advised him to first learn a bit more Japanese (Artur is a first-year learner, who actually acts like he's fluent in Japanese), before he can try to publically shame a very experienced translator, who is almost a native-speaker.

Or his ludicrous theories about the traitor, where he tried to downtalk all the theories that didn't agree with his "Carrot is the traitor" stance. Once it was revealed that Kanjuuro is the traitor - which was by far the most logical and best solution - he went salty as hell and tried to convince everyone that he never said Carrot was that likely to be the traitor and that he thinks Kanjuro was a poor choice etc.

That's the kind of person Artur is. A dude with a massive Napoleon complex.

He's a massive idiot tbh.

Someone who has somehow successfully managed to portray himself as an "OP intellectual", while he's not even smarter than your average fan.

Reading his conversation with S.Paul (official OP translator) a while back was hilarious. On his blog Artur actually dared to claim that Stephen translated something the wrong way. Stephen schooled him on Twitter because of that and advised him to first learn a bit more Japanese (Artur is a first-year learner, who actually acts like he's fluent in Japanese), before he can try to publically shame a very experienced translator, who is almost a native-speaker.

Or his ludicrous theories about the traitor, where he tried to downtalk all the theories that didn't agree with his "Carrot is the traitor" stance. Once it was revealed that Kanjuuro is the traitor - which was by far the most logical and best solution - he went salty as hell and tried to convince everyone that he never said Carrot was that likely to be the traitor and that he thinks Kanjuro was a poor choice etc.

That's the kind of person Artur is. A dude with a massive Napoleon complex.
Artur started off good but he went downhill, he thinks he knows way more stuff just because of what he does but in truth he doesn't. It's funny how he thinks he knows better than Stephen who has more years of experience while he himself is way younger and doesn't, Stephen knows Japanese way longer and has been translating One Piece for a very long time meanwhile Artur who just started to learn Japanese already thinks he knows better than Stephen.

Yeah his Carrot traitor theory was so horrible, and even though people pointed out evidence that disapproved that theory he wouldn't listen. He was so desperate that he even said that the color of Carrot's vivre card was slightly different as his own "evidence" to prove that she was the traitor, I remember when Artur first started doing his work and he was good but once he started to gain a bit of popularity he completely went downhill.

Is Artur the guy from Oro Jackson who was doing the chapter analysis? Like taking the panels apart etc.?
Yep that's him.

... meanwhile Artur who just started to learn Japanese already thinks he knows better than Stephen.

Yeah his Carrot traitor theory was so horrible and even though people pointed out evidence that disapproved that theory, he wouldn't listen. He was so desperate that he even said that the color of Carrot's vivre card was slightly different as his own "evidence" to prove that she was the traitor.
That's him in a nutshell.

Someone that thinks he's way smarter/more competent than he actually is in reality (hence the "Napoleon complex").

Even right now he's trying to shove his "Yamato is a real trans-man and you have to say he/him" agenda down his readers' throats, while completely ignoring that literally all the evidence is against this being a trans-matter.

Oh ok. As far as i remember his analysis weren't bad - i don't know, maybe it changed later, have stopped reading them after only like 2 or 3 chapters lol.
His recaps are fine. They're not revealing anything extraordinaire, but they give some nice context.

It's his theories and strong opinions, that are just massively flawed and quite frankly really bad.

Pair that with a really stubborn and borderline narcissistic personality (it becomes plain obvious, when you follow him longer) and you have a problem.

His recaps are fine. They're not revealing anything extraordinaire, but they give some nice context.

It's his theories and strong opinions, that are just massively flawed and quite frankly really bad.

Pair that with a really stubborn and borderline narcissistic personality (it becomes plain obvious, when you follow him longer) and you have a problem.
I never read any of his theories, so i can't say anything about it.
But i don't watch any OP youtubers, blogger or whatever anyways - for the reasons you guys said about Artur. They are all biased and because they got some "fame" they thing they know more than others. I watch only KoL for his reactions tho lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.