General & Others Was WCI one of the best arcs of One Piece?

Was WCI one of the best arcs of One Piece?

• Total voters
Omg ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚that shit was garbage
Post automatically merged:

You a weirdo you wanna watch Sanji not do anything but bake cakes
One Piece isn't about fighting, and it has never been about that. He's the cook of ship so him baking the cake makes sense to me. If you are looking for just fights and power scaling discussions, I definitely recommend reading dragon ball or Naruto. They have a lot of senseless fighting with no substance

You're really salty about other people opinions, huh? ...Yes I said it, its the best arc in One Piece.

Light D Lamperouge

๐–‚๐–๐–†๐–™ ๐•ฎ๐–”๐–š๐–‘๐–‰ ๐•ณ๐–†๐–›๐–Š ๐•ญ๐–Š๐–Š๐–“
โ€Ž
Kinda does. Your basically your ignoring one side cause you want to and not accepting that side say. Got look at all opinions, not certain ones only.
It does not. I am not ignoring it, I am telling you youtube holds no value, even so, as I have pointed out earlier, there are a plethora of videos saying it is not a good arc at all. I am looking at all the opinions, and they say, similarly to the poll here, that it is not one of the best arcs of one piece. I think we can conclude this now, and wait for you to share why you like it, not why some youtuber likes it. Thank you.

What made you like it so much? : O
the manga iteslf :
-deconstruction of typical one piece arc structure
-katakuri enough said
-overall emotional theme
- disney meet power ranger meet mafia

->regarding pacing, I read on a volume basis since arabasta, its been like that ever since. Only wano feel rushed.
->sanji baking the cake initially feels off until you remember zeff would also bake the cake in this situation, bringing contrast to him and judge.

over the manga? the musical is godlike. Soul pocus ending is the best arc ending episode ever.

Last edited:
It does not. I am not ignoring it, I am telling you youtube holds no value, even so, as I have pointed out earlier, there are a plethora of videos saying it is not a good arc at all. I am looking at all the opinions, and they say, similarly to the poll here, that it is not one of the best arcs of one piece. I think we can conclude this now, and wait for you to share why you like it, not why some youtuber likes it. Thank you.
That's clearlying saying your ignoring a side by saying you don't count opinion on YouTube about it.

Not from I seen. I know few Youtubers who don't like it, but majority and we'll-known ones said otherwise about it. It's not that mixed, majority say they enjoy it more especially getting the themes if it.

Go to Reddit, Twitter, Amino, etc.. Majority says they enjoy it than hate it especially when you understand purpose of the arc and not compare them all same themes each time. It is one of the best arcs. I get to you when I can, but have to be after finish some focus work before posting my full review. Just give me a time and within the week.

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž
That's clearlying saying your ignoring a side by saying you don't count opinion on YouTube about it.

Not from I seen. I know few Youtubers who don't like it, but majority and we'll-known ones said otherwise about it. It's not that mixed, majority say they enjoy it more especially getting the themes if it.

Go to Reddit, Twitter, Amino, etc.. Majority says they enjoy it than hate it especially when you understand purpose of the arc and not compare them all same themes each time. It is one of the best arcs. I get to you when I can, but have to be after finish some focus work before posting my full review. Just give me a time and within the week.
You clearly do not understand what I am saying, I am not surprised though.

Ok sure sure. The thread isn't going anywhere.

controversial topic.
and the answer, as you very well know, is absolutely not.

its the worst arc to date and should get the void century treatment.

Ok sure sure. The thread isn't going anywhere.
you can not make an aweful thread and expect it to lead to anything productive.
this defeatist attitue after becoming a failed troll is only slightly amusing.

WCI had da best choreographed fighting chapter, it made nodule senpai fall in love with Katakuri. So I give it that.

I like some of the BM pirates designs. I liked Capone, he was entertaining.

Outside of that, I was not impressed. Mediocre arc imo.

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž
controversial topic.
and the answer, as you very well know, is absolutely not.

its the worst arc to date and should get the void century treatment.

you can not make an aweful thread and expect it to lead to anything productive.
this defeatist attitue after becoming a failed troll is only slightly amusing.
I do not understand your statement.

The thread was made because of the reasons specified in the OP, which should have been clear enough, had you read it. I personally do not regard it as one of the best.

I am pretty certain you misunderstood what I was saying with the thread not going anywhere, but I am not surprised. I'll explain. The thread is not going anywhere= the thread is not going to disappear out of nowhere. Please be sure to understand what is being said, if you do not do that you end up looking like a clown. Nothing new though.

Thank you for posting.

It's the worst arc. Only good things about were Capone, Brook, Pedro, a few other chars, and the Enraged Army chapter where Luffy got his ass handed to him. Other than that, the arc was a disaster. It was supposed to be a simple infiltration arc, save Sanji (honestly they should have just left him to the Meme Team at this point), and get out. But instead, Oda thought it'd be a good idea for Meme to have two of her Sweet Commanders get beaten while the remaining one perfected her disappearing act with Compote, have Meme get humiliated at her own tea party, get her turf wrecked, lose one of her personal Homies to Nami, and have Morgans report all of these and more Ls for the world to laugh at her, and rightfully so. What makes all of this even worse is that half a SH crew and a few other allies simply waltzed in and left WCI and Big Meme's crew in that condition.
As for the Big Mom Pirates themselves, plenty of people already have summed up how trash they were quite well. Katakuri was the only decent one, and even then, I don't think he was that great, he had plenty of wtf moments like just sitting on the Sunny and only getting the idea to destroy it AFTER he got stuck in the mirror world. What really killed them for me was how incompetent they were. A few years ago, if you told me that Oda would have a Yonko crew turn out to be a pack of jokes, I would have thought you were crazy. Now though...yeah. Off the top of my head, my favorite moment of idiocy from the BM Pirates was when Perospero had the Vinsmokes at gunpoint on a silver platter and he STILL wouldn't shoot them even after Katakuri told him to do his job. Time will tell if the Beast Pirates can give them a run for their money in that regard (Queen's already gotten to a good start during the Udon plot).
Then there's the Yonko herself, Big Meme, First (and thankfully only) of her Name, Queen of the Ls and the First Memes, Plot Device of the SHs Pet, and the Breaker of Chains (or not :gokulaugh:). I was never really looking forward to her arc, but I thought Oda would at least make it and her character good...nope. Tbf, Whitebeard was the first Yonko we saw, so it's hard to match his performance, but Big Meme doesn't even come close to the likes of Magellan or even Vergo, let alone Whitebeard. She has no charisma, no intellect, no presence, no nothing. Her DF is a poor man's version of Moria's DF. Her character essentially boils down to WEEEEED WEDDING CAAAAAKE and taking Ls. And as for her Ls, her Ls have Ls. If she gets any more they'll start multiplying. I really wish Oda would have offpaneled her had her get taken out by the Marines instead of bringing her to Wano, but sadly, here we are.
The protagonists weren't much better. Again, only Capone, Brook, Pedro, Jimbei, and a few other side chars were any good. Chopper was living scenery, Oda kept shoving Nami into situations she had no business being in like the Cracker fight, and Luffy continued to regress into a more reckless and dumber MC who is only still alive because Oda had the plot bend over backwards for him and his crew. Which brings us to Sanji...it was supposed to be his year, and instead he got his character annihilated by Oda. What was the point of his "arc" exactly? I'm pretty sure if one skipped WCI, apart from the Raid Suit, they wouldn't think Sanji had changed any bit at all. His family sucked apart from Reiju, who was meh at best, his flashback was generic, and instead of getting a much needed fight, he got a romance with Pudding that was beyond moronic (bonus points for actually thinking he had imagined Pudding being evil), he baked a cake that didn't make Big Meme faint, and if it hadn't been for Wadatsumi the SHs would all be dead. And to cap it all off, Sanji was fine with leaving his family and Jimbei to face the Meme Team while he happily baked his crew a meal...lol. Idk wtf Oda was thinking.
Finally, one of the things that bothered me the most is that there was absolutely no tension (such as it is in this series) in this arc. None whatsoever. I remember how hopeless it felt when the SHs were up against Kizaru and Sentomaru, and then got picked off one at a time by Kuma. How Magellan felt like an unstoppable juggernaut and the escape team's only option was to run. And how shocked I felt when Akainu snatched Luffy's victory away from him at Marineford, killed his brother, tore right through Iva and Jimbei after taking attacks from Whitebeard, gave Luffy his scar, and nearly made him give up on his dream. I have to be honest, a long time ago I thought that the Yonko Crews would make those incidents and antagonists look like nothing...oh boy was I wrong. Not only were the antagonists underwhelming, but Oda put in way too much plot to save the SHs. I never thought the SHs were in danger, because ever since Brook was rescued from Big Meme in a comedy scene, and she got tricked by a fake skeleton with seaweed for hair, I knew Oda would use a good chunk of plot and asspulls to save them.
So yeah, 1/10 arc, maybe a 2/10 and that would only be because of the likes of Capone, Brook, Pedro, Jimbei, etc for putting in the work. I will say that Capone was a legend in this arc; he went from a meh Supernova to one of my favorite characters. Thank you Capone and co for all of your hard work this arc.

Last edited:
You really dont believe that, do you? :pepeke:

- Dressrosa had Doflamingo, WCI had Big Mom
- People complained about Fuji Zoro pushing birdcage in Dressrosa. Compare that to Big Mom getting blocked by Chopper and getting pushed out of the ship by Jinbei.
- I don't want to go into details of Sanji's cake. Compare that to Zoro cutting Pica at Dressrosa.

I am feeling too lazy to write more. Wci is not as good as Dressrosa
WCI maybe badly written. But Dressrosa was purely horrendous with those side characters. At the very least WCI gave us an easy to follow plot up till the Cheatau collapsed and it gaves us some really good sidecharacters like Reiju, Capone, Perospero, Pudding, Carrot. And it also gave Nami and Brook moments better than anything any DR SH got tbh.
Post automatically merged:

WCI maybe badly written but it is a hell of a lot more entertaining than that fodderfest which was DR.

The Vinsmoke side of the arc was terrible. If we look at Bim Mom and her incompetence, then theirs is on a whole other level. Reiju's character is terrible as well for a cliche.
Tbh in terms of Cliche it was Pudding that was truly terrible. Reiju was always shady and we didnt know her true intentions. Whilst we didn find it out for Pudding but Oda literally swapped it about and flip flopped her. Not that I'm angry or anything tho because it still gave us some nice Sanji development.

Tbh in terms of Cliche it was Pudding that was truly terrible. Reiju was always shady and we didnt know her true intentions. Whilst we didn find it out for Pudding but Oda literally swapped it about and flip flopped her. Not that I'm angry or anything tho because it still gave us some nice Sanji development.
I don't remember her being shady, but Pudding was always suspicious, nothing quiet added up with her, as the way she described Sanji. Also Reiju is a cliche as the ol older sister who protects their younger brother. Its overdone. Nothing special about her, what ever made her interesting at first is null and void.