Is jinbe gonna witness greatness soon?

• Total voters

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
Thanks! I’d be happy to join. Zoro was my favourite character about 10 years ago and is still up there for me, glad to discuss Sir Green any time :zosleepy:
That sounds great. Welcome then. I think I speak for everyone when I say we thoroughly enjoy reading your posts and would very much be happy to have you here as well as in the debates in the future.

:myman:

Guys if WB is revealed to be Rocks first mate/VC .....

would it mean Zoro will surpass him too?
No need, Roger=WB at least, and he was a swordsman.

:finally::finally:

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
Well you kinda derailing the idea of my question....

But ok hype.
Technically I do not see why, even if he does are you counting Primebeard or WB when he was a YC? Zoro will surpass every first mate in the story, during their tenure as first mates, but the question is akin to the question should a potential cabin boy in SHC one day surpass Shanks. I mean do not get me wrong, I just need a clarification on it. Zoro's dream is to surpass all the swordsmen, and hence he will surpass all the first mates, during the time that they were first mates, the best one being Ray, prime Ray. If Roger really is a swordsman and Zoro ends up surpassing him then yeah Zoro should logically surpass Primebeard as well. Of course Zoro will surpass other captains as well, likely all the Yonko, but him surpassing primebeard roger level, depends on the story and what awaits them at the end.
Post automatically merged:

@Guan Yu

Add @Den_Den_Mushi @Zenos7 @ZoroGang to the op as well.

Last edited:
Underrated: Zoro’s relationships with Hiyori and Momonosuke.

Zoro has had an amazing run in Wano and is acting more and more like the pretimeskip Zoro we all know and love. His big brother relationship with Momo reminds me of his earlier interactions with Chopper, where he encouraged Chopper to be brave during the Davy Back. Zoro is the older male figure with a warrior’s spirit that Momonosuke previously lacked after Oden’s death. Given that Zoro should surpass Oden, it only makes sense that he should act as a role model for the future Daimyo of Kuri/Shogun of Wano.

Many people in the community dislike shipping in shonen series, believing it to be more toxic than power level discussions. However, I think that Oda usually writes relationships between the Straw Hats and their significant figures well and I have hope for Zoro and Hiyori. Hiyori’s speech while protecting O-Toko was very similar to Zoro’s ‘scars on the back’ speech. Both are proud individuals who are protective towards children and would die for what they believe in. I look forward to seeing their relationship progress during this arc and seeing Mihawk’s reaction to learning about Zoro’s feats in Wano.

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓

Zoro has had an amazing run in Wano and is acting more and more like the pretimeskip Zoro we all know and love. His big brother relationship with Momo reminds me of his earlier interactions with Chopper, where he encouraged Chopper to be brave during the Davy Back. Zoro is the older male figure with a warrior’s spirit that Momonosuke previously lacked after Oden’s death. Given that Zoro should surpass Oden, it only makes sense that he should act as a role model for the future Daimyo of Kuri/Shogun of Wano.

Many people in the community dislike shipping in shonen series, believing it to be more toxic than power level discussions. However, I think that Oda usually writes relationships between the Straw Hats and their significant figures well and I have hope for Zoro and Hiyori. Hiyori’s speech while protecting O-Toko was very similar to Zoro’s ‘scars on the back’ speech. Both are proud individuals who are protective towards children and would die for what they believe in. I look forward to seeing their relationship progress during this arc and seeing Mihawk’s reaction to learning about Zoro’s feats in Wano.
Nice.

You make good points. What do you think of an eos Zoro going to Wano to marry Hiyori and maybe being the shogun until Momo matures fully? I can see the strongest swordsman of all time being in Wano, similarly to Ryuma, and acting as its protector, if not being the shogun himself. Even disregarding the link with Hiyori, Zoro could end up in Wano, even moreso if we find out he hails from there.

Getting Mihawk's reaction to Zoro's feats would be great. I think it is a given that Zoro will fight King, and being involved in the Kaido fight as well, giving him a taste of battle against a top tier, and seeing how he fares against them, unrestricted. Some Mihawk hype after King and Kaido would be awesome as well, like against Pica.

The best one would be Mihawk sailing to Wano and helping them with the Yonko, maybe taking out BM, shutting the mouths of all downplayers. But alas, so far is it only wishful thinking for him to visit Wano.

You make good points. What do you think of an eos Zoro going to Wano to marry Hiyori and maybe being the shogun until Momo matures fully? I can see the strongest swordsman of all time being in Wano, similarly to Ryuma, and acting as its protector, if not being the shogun himself. Even disregarding the link with Hiyori, Zoro could end up in Wano, even moreso if we find out he hails from there.
I think Zoro will always be by Luffy's side; their bond is truly unbreakable, although I do see Zoro being offered a position of leadership by the Scabbards before he leaves. At this stage though, I see Hiyori being the Pudding to Zoro's Sanji. Here are some similarities between them:
I hope to see Hiyori reveal her true nature to Zoro soon, although with the 'Zoro avenges Yasu' plotline, I can see that happening soon. I can see Hiyori falling for Zoro because he reminds her of her father and the Scabbards' bravery, and also for how much he has helped her brother.

Getting Mihawk's reaction to Zoro's feats would be great. I think it is a given that Zoro will fight King, and being involved in the Kaido fight as well, giving him a taste of battle against a top tier, and seeing how he fares against them, unrestricted. Some Mihawk hype after King and Kaido would be awesome as well, like against Pica.
I think Mihawk will be hyped by defeating the SSG or at least escaping unharmed. I see Boa being the SSG's first major victim, or at least suffering a huge blow from the marines, leading her to seek out Luffy again. Mihawk and Weevil on the other hand should be interesting to look out for in the near future, particularly if admirals were sent after them.

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
I think Zoro will always be by Luffy's side; their bond is truly unbreakable, although I do see Zoro being offered a position of leadership by the Scabbards before he leaves. At this stage though, I see Hiyori being the Pudding to Zoro's Sanji. Here are some similarities between them:
I hope to see Hiyori reveal her true nature to Zoro soon, although with the 'Zoro avenges Yasu' plotline, I can see that happening soon. I can see Hiyori falling for Zoro because he reminds her of her father and the Scabbards' bravery, and also for how much he has helped her brother.

I think Mihawk will be hyped by defeating the SSG or at least escaping unharmed. I see Boa being the SSG's first major victim, or at least suffering a huge blow from the marines, leading her to seek out Luffy again. Mihawk and Weevil on the other hand should be interesting to look out for in the near future, particularly if admirals were sent after them.
I can see that happening, Zoro being offered a position due to his deeds, however it would be too soon for him to do that. This is very interesting, and they do share quite a lot of similarities, nice find.

The last panel is amazing, Zoro's devotion to his dream and code and Mihawk's excitement and joy of finally finding someone who could surpass him and offer him what he seeks. This panel is exactly why I have a hard time seeing someone else defeating Mihawk but Zoro. People do not realize that Mihawk is very much important to the plot, you could even potentially link him with Imu, it is strange they had the same eyes.

The people of Wano would look up to Zoro after he helps them and as I said earlier, should he be from Wano I can see his relationship with Hiyori being something valuable in the future as well.

That would be great. Boa could very well end up being caught, and later rescued by Luffy. Weevil still has his plot and role to fulfill so he is probably safe. Mihawk destroying it would be amazing, but I can even now see haters downplaying it again somehow, but they will always do that. An Admiral as hype would be great as well.

On a side note tho, this panel.

:steef:

Cinera says (s)he might join the forum after binge reading Wano, and if Zoro is promising, (s)he'll join.

Better be ready to hand over the FC to the real master @Guan Yu
Quit trying to stir up the fandom here TAC.

Go to your Sanji FC, unless you are genuinely interested in a talk about Zoro, which from your previous comments I doubt, or Mihawk, which can happen.

So feel free to share your thoughts on Mihawk then. What do you see in the future for him?

The last panel is amazing, Zoro's devotion to his dream and code and Mihawk's excitement and joy of finally finding someone who could surpass him and offer him what he seeks. This panel is exactly why I have a hard time seeing someone else defeating Mihawk but Zoro. People do not realize that Mihawk is very much important to the plot, you could even potentially link him with Imu, it is strange they had the same eyes.
I don’t think people realise how important Mihawk is, but Oda has made it crystal clear that he’s not just some background scenery. Oda has drawn him with customised SFX from his very introduction and shown Mihawk’s reaction to many significant events including Luffy’s COC and the revelation that Luffy is the son of Dragon. Why show Mihawk’s reaction and have him be the one to identify Luffy’s greatest strength if he’s an unimportant character? Oda could’ve easily had Garp, Sengoku or Smoker do it, but he chose Mihawk. The question is why? Clearly the author has plans for the WSS.

I don’t understand also why people want someone other than Zoro to defeat Mihawk. The series is all about promises and dreams, Zoro being unable to win a rematch with Mihawk would be breaking his promises to both Mihawk and Luffy. During his speech at Baratie, Zoro specifically states あいつに勝って大剣豪になる日まで (until the day I win against him and become a master swordsman) meaning that he’s not content to beat just any guy for the title, it’s got to be Mihawk, the man who witnessed his determination and praised his relationship with Luffy. Mihawk will watch over Luffy and Zoro’s progress after Shanks is gone, perhaps raise a toast to his fallen friend when the duo finally achieve their dreams.

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
I don’t think people realise how important Mihawk is, but Oda has made it crystal clear that he’s not just some background scenery. Oda has drawn him with customised SFX from his very introduction and shown Mihawk’s reaction to many significant events including Luffy’s COC and the revelation that Luffy is the son of Dragon. Why show Mihawk’s reaction and have him be the one to identify Luffy’s greatest strength if he’s an unimportant character? Oda could’ve easily had Garp, Sengoku or Smoker do it, but he chose Mihawk. The question is why? Clearly the author has plans for the WSS.

I don’t understand also why people want someone other than Zoro to defeat Mihawk. The series is all about promises and dreams, Zoro being unable to win a rematch with Mihawk would be breaking his promises to both Mihawk and Luffy. During his speech at Baratie, Zoro specifically states あいつに勝って大剣豪になる日まで (until the day I win against him and become a master swordsman) meaning that he’s not content to beat just any guy for the title, it’s got to be Mihawk, the man who witnessed his determination and praised his relationship with Luffy. Mihawk will watch over Luffy and Zoro’s progress after Shanks is gone, perhaps raise a toast to his fallen friend when the duo finally achieve their dreams.
Most definitely. People don't realize it, or maybe it is better to say they do not want to admit it. Mihwak is of course associated with Zoro, and therefore he must be downplayed. I feel that Mihawk is also a thorn in the side of Yonko and Admiral fans and must be downplayed as such. To add to your list, Mihwak was the first top tier Zoro and Luffy encountered, Mihawk was the one to show them what they need to reach their dreams, Mihawk was actually one of the rare winners of One Piece, someone who achieved his desire of becoming the WSS and will achieve another one by finding a worthy opponent.

They want that in order to call Mihawk weak. Fantastic find, even more evidence pointing to the fact that Zoro sees Mihawk as his ultimate goal, not a random swordsman. He must fight Mihawk and repay his debt and even the score.

Yeah I agree with this. Zoro has always had a soft spot. In his introduction, we were shown that he was willing to eat foodfrom the floor.

So I have always liked it when Oda shows us this side of Zoro.

As for Momo, I also agree with your sentiments. Zoro has been training hihim and giving him the Male support that he needs. With red scar scarbads,they reever him as their current leader and the son of their former leader, as a result they dont give him the type of relationship he would get from someone who treats him like a child should be treated. Zoro on the other hand treats him as a child and helps him out as an elder brother would do and as a male role model would do.

With Hiyori, I also like her interaction with Zoro. I wonder where Oda will go with her character. If she truly ends up with Zoro, there is a possibility that she would accompany them on the their journey. Since we were told that significant others become part of the crew. That would be nice imo if she ends up strong. I have a sneaky feeling that is the case and that she is hiding her strength as she wants to act more lady like. We saw in the past that she was a tomboy and would even beat up Momo. I believe with zoro, she will open up and reveal her true nature

Cinera says (s)he might join the forum after binge reading Wano, and if Zoro is promising, (s)he'll join.

Better be ready to hand over the FC to the real master @Guan Yu
Lol, I like how you write (s)he.