One Piece Chapter 991: "Please let us die"

How good was the chapter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whew, Luffy with the slick future sight, saving Sanji’s ass. Zoro and Jinbe were great. Their interaction with Luffy was excellent this chapter. Then the turnaround between Zoro and Drake was pretty cool too, took Zoro three seconds longer than Luffy to trust him lol. Nami was hilarious, I thought. Usopp using her as a shield and her reaction to it was great as well. Looks like we’re getting Nami vs Ulti, though I doubt we’re getting Usopp vs Page One. Still think Sanji has a role to play in that, once Page One recognizes him. Inu and Neko also look sick, and Kinemon was pretty badass.

Pretty good chapter, all the way around.

Last edited:
Nice chapter.

I am impressed with Zoro, his high sense are always correct. He smells something off with Drake (marine boy). Dont forget that he was right when they were in Zou about Kaido and Big Mom.
Nice short fight between Zoro and Drake finished in truce!
Let see where the plot goes with Luffy and Sanji not big espectation cuz the real fight havent started yet.
Nice feat for Kinemon against Kaido (Zoro shown interest in that ability to cut fire foreshadowing of Zoro cutting mega fire blast?)
Hopefull next chapter we move to Kid/Killer and Law so that we can move to the climax.

I am pretty sure that all supernova ll get involve vs Kaido.

Drake want the smoke against Queen it clear in this chapter
Drake has a Koby connection, so his senses are wrong, Drake will not betray Luffy.
Zoro is being insubordinate and jeopardizing the situation in a war.

Edit: That text on the cover page is blocking Pez:sweat: standing :lusalty:

Not sure if anyone realized some of these things either:

- There are still 5 Numbers unaccounted for since Apoo confirmed 10 total. 4 of them are "defeated" (allegedly because they were drunk) and may return, and Hacha is chasing Franky.

- Luffy, Sanji were running towards Apoo, then Zoro/Drake attacked Apoo, meaning all 4 of these guys are pretty much together. They haven't split off yet. They are all running towards Apoo, Queen, Who's Who, Hawkins and King. Apoo called the other Numbers, but who knows if they'll show up in front of them.

- Since Franky left Jinbe, I'm pretty sure Jinbe will follow Luffy's side. Very likely that once Jack recovers, he encounters Jinbe. Sort of in alignment with Zoro/Sanji encountering King/Queen.

- I also think Brook/Robin are going to go look for and steal the Road Poneglyph. On top of this, I have a feeling they will encounter Hotei/Fukurokuju as their matchups.

- With Franky leading Hacha outside, its very possible he runs into Sasaki depending on where he's running.

- All this leaves is poor Chopper, but maybe fights Black Maria or something. This would be really interesting tbh lol. If Usopp/Nami truly take on P1 and Ulti, then its possible Black Maria is stronger and more of a challenge for Chopper.

- I STILL think Apoo/Hawkins are planning something that they haven't explained yet, so eventually they will team up with Luffy, Kid, Law and Drake. The 6 SN Captains. Just as with the possibility of Zoro staying behind to fight a Calamity, I can 100% see Killer colliding or stopping Who's Who because of this.

- Carrot is MIA, so is Wanda. I have a feeling both are going to encounter Perospero.

So in the end, possible matchups:

Yonko
- Kaido vs. Scabbards (they lose)
- Kaido vs. Luffy, Kid, Law, Drake, Hawkins and Apoo (they also lose)
- Kaido + BM vs. Luffy + Kid (at some point, Zoro, Killer, etc also join and get their licks in, before also falling; Law will do something significant, as he should)

All-Stars
- King/Queen vs. Zoro/Sanji (I personally still can't tell)
- Jack vs. Jinbe (once Jack recovers)

Flying 5
- Who's Who vs. Killer
- Sasaki vs. Franky
- Black Maria vs. Chopper
- Page 1 vs. Usopp
- Ulti vs. Nami

Orochi's Commanders
- Hotei vs. Brook
- Fukurokuju vs. Robin

This obviously will be turned on its head if the BMP also join in. Likely the rest of the Supernova will have some form of major battle prior to Kaido then, as it would be the only way to offset the number of villains vs. protagonists.

Drake has a Koby connection, so his senses are wrong, Drake will not betray Luffy.
Zoro is being insubordinate and jeopardizing the situation in a war.
That not the point, Zoro know that Drake is hiding something that doesnt mean that is something potentialy bad but X-Drake didnt tell all the story and Zoro sense that.
Zoro sensed that Okiku was weird too and we got the confirmation!! Zoro got some special sense that all you have to know!!

Not sure if anyone realized some of these things either:

- There are still 5 Numbers unaccounted for since Apoo confirmed 10 total. 4 of them are "defeated" (allegedly because they were drunk) and may return, and Hacha is chasing Franky.

- Luffy, Sanji were running towards Apoo, then Zoro/Drake attacked Apoo, meaning all 4 of these guys are pretty much together. They haven't split off yet. They are all running towards Apoo, Queen, Who's Who, Hawkins and King. Apoo called the other Numbers, but who knows if they'll show up in front of them.

- Since Franky left Jinbe, I'm pretty sure Jinbe will follow Luffy's side. Very likely that once Jack recovers, he encounters Jinbe. Sort of in alignment with Zoro/Sanji encountering King/Queen.

- I also think Brook/Robin are going to go look for and steal the Road Poneglyph. On top of this, I have a feeling they will encounter Hotei/Fukurokuju as their matchups.

- With Franky leading Hacha outside, its very possible he runs into Sasaki depending on where he's running.

- All this leaves is poor Chopper, but maybe fights Black Maria or something. This would be really interesting tbh lol. If Usopp/Nami truly take on P1 and Ulti, then its possible Black Maria is stronger and more of a challenge for Chopper.

- I STILL think Apoo/Hawkins are planning something that they haven't explained yet, so eventually they will team up with Luffy, Kid, Law and Drake. The 6 SN Captains. Just as with the possibility of Zoro staying behind to fight a Calamity, I can 100% see Killer colliding or stopping Who's Who because of this.

- Carrot is MIA, so is Wanda. I have a feeling both are going to encounter Perospero.

So in the end, possible matchups:

Yonko
- Kaido vs. Scabbards (they lose)
- Kaido vs. Luffy, Kid, Law, Drake, Hawkins and Apoo (they also lose)
- Kaido + BM vs. Luffy + Kid (at some point, Zoro, Killer, etc also join and get their licks in, before also falling; Law will do something significant, as he should)

All-Stars
- King/Queen vs. Zoro/Sanji (I personally still can't tell)
- Jack vs. Jinbe (once Jack recovers)

Flying 5
- Who's Who vs. Killer
- Sasaki vs. Franky
- Black Maria vs. Chopper
- Page 1 vs. Usopp
- Ulti vs. Nami

Orochi's Commanders
- Hotei vs. Brook
- Fukurokuju vs. Robin

This obviously will be turned on its head if the BMP also join in. Likely the rest of the Supernova will have some form of major battle prior to Kaido then, as it would be the only way to offset the number of villains vs. protagonists.
Yep I noticed too that Zoro&Drake are in the same area than Luffy&Sanji but Oda is pretty inconsistent with that thing xD

Status
Not open for further replies.