Powers & Abilities What The Scabbards Are Doing Is SPECIAL!

The ability to cut (just the idea of cutting only) doesn't depend on the strength of the haki if that's what the argument is about. How much you can do with your cutting depends on your strength, haki, etc..
Put it like this. Luffy just unlocked advanced armament Haki which can damage Kaido. Do you think if he grabbed a sword, imbued his haki into it, and swung that sword with all his might using the full strength of his haki, he'd be able to cut Kaido? Of course not. Even with Haki strong enough to hurt Kaido, someone like Luffy would never be able to cut him with a sword, because there is more to cutting harder and harder substances than just having stronger Haki.

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
Put it like this. Luffy just unlocked advanced armament Haki which can damage Kaido. Do you think if he grabbed a sword, imbued his haki into it, and swung that sword with all his might using the full strength of his haki, he'd be able to cut Kaido? Of course not. Even with Haki strong enough to hurt Kaido, someone like Luffy would never be able to cut him with a sword, because there is more to cutting harder and harder substances than just having stronger Haki.
No dont try change it, luffy has ryou but according to your nonsense the first time he ryou punches kaido it wont work and he has to get a feel for it lmfao

Arabasta Zoro wasn't authomatically able to cut everything simply because he awakened the breath of things or, as it is apparently called now, advanced armament. He could barely dent Kuma's body, his inability to cut diamond was hinted through Bonez, he arguably still can't cut fire or at least couldn't in Punk Hazard, he required an improved version of Shishi Sonson to slash the dragon... The notion of the strongest sword being that which can cut anything but nothing at the same time is already quite a direct statement about how mastering this power is a matter of developing your learning and not simply a black or white thing.

Again, I'm repeating myself for those who know my take on this issue, but if Oda wants to remain consistent on his retconning of the breath of things Zoro shouldn't require strength to cut Kaido but hearing the breath of his scales and connecting his will to them through his sword. And this require at least some process of learning.

Last edited:
No dont try change it, luffy has ryou but according to your nonsense the first time he ryou punches kaido it wont work and he has to get a feel for it lmfao
I'm not changing anything. I am am adding to my point.

And you seem to fail to understand how barrier haki works. It bypasses Kaido's durability, and destroys from the inside. Oden and the Scabbards didn't bypass Kaido's durability, they straight cut through his scales. Something Luffy wouldn't be able to do with a Sword, despite having Haki strong enough to damage Kaido.

HA001

I'm not changing anything. I am am adding to my point.

And you seem to fail to understand how barrier haki works. It bypasses Kaido's durability, and destroys from the inside. Oden and the Scabbards didn't bypass Kaido's durability, they straight cut through his scales. Something Luffy wouldn't be able to do with a Sword, despite having Haki strong enough to damage Kaido.
No the barrier haki doesnt bypass shit lmfao
You dont even know what the fuck youre talking about
thats the final step not what the scabbards or hyou are doing

Luffy wanted the 1st step to destroy his scales not bypass them

No, the reason Zoro was kept away from all those instances is because Oda was protecting Zoro's image, so he opted to hand feed him scrubs and put him into low threat level situations until he could get him to Enma, so he could train to become stronger. Can't have the dude swear he'd never lose again and then put him into situations where he would actually lose. Better give him the path of least resistance until he can make him stronger.
Ph by your logic he should get destroyed by Kaido and commanders thid arc right
Post automatically merged:

You guys are assuming that all it takes is "really strong" Haki to cut through Kaido. This isn't a "Haki vs Haki" situation like it was with Pica. Cutting through Kaido is more akin to cutting through steel, where it takes a certain amount of understanding of the substance you are trying to cut. That's the whole principle behind "The ability to cut everything and nothing."

When the scabbards first attacked Kaido, they barely managed to cut his scales. As the fight has gone on however, it is becoming easier and easier for them to do it. This isn't because their Haki is just getting stronger as the fight progresses, it's because they are getting more used to Kaido's level of hardness, so cutting him is becoming easier.
Wrong when the scabbards first attacked Kaido Okiku put her sword through his hand and the other 4 deep in his abdomen. Take yall L. Yalp doubted Zoro fans for years now its time to pay up. I remember clowns use to say Luffy had better CoA than Zoro:gokulaugh:@HA001 let these guys know

in essence guys
what rosella is saying
is oden still owns kaido even though he's dead
and anyone who can channel his haki
can hurt kaido .

where that narrative falls apart is that
you will see people like luffy, like kid, like law, possibly zoro
do the exact same thing
are they channeling oden too?
guess there's an argument for zoro cause he inherited his sword. the others not so much. your theory and conclusion leaves a huge backside. the point is luffy knew learning advanced ryou would allow him to hurt kaido and thats simply what the scabbards have. no need to over complicate things.

HA001

in essence guys
what rosella is saying
is oden still owns kaido even though he's dead
and anyone who can channel his haki
can hurt kaido .

where that narrative falls apart is that
you will see people like luffy, like kid, like law, possibly zoro
do the exact same thing
are they channeling oden too?
guess there's an argument for zoro cause he inherited his sword. the others not so much. your theory and conclusion leaves a huge backside. the point is luffy knew learning advanced ryou would allow him to hurt kaido and thats simply what the scabbards have. no need to over complicate things.
Its nice they realize kaido is odens bitch 20 years later though

No the barrier haki doesnt bypass shit lmfao
You dont even know what the fuck youre talking about
thats the final step not what the scabbards or hyou are doing

Luffy wanted the 1st step to destroy his scales not bypass them
Using panels of Luffy's assumption, instead of Hyogoro's explanation who actually knows what he's talking about.... :gonope:

:goyea:

When Luffy and Rayleigh destroyed they collars, they bypassed the exteriors, and destroyed them from the inside. They didn't break them from the outside.

HA001

Using panels of Luffy's assumption, instead of Hyogoro's explanation who actually knows what he's talking about.... :gonope:

:goyea:

When Luffy and Rayleigh destroyed they collars, they bypassed the exteriors, and destroyed them from the inside. They didn't break them from the outside.
You dumbass Hyou cant do that final step LMFAO can you not fuckin read
Luffy wanted what hyou did

HYOU CANT DO THE COLLAR HAKI YOU CANT FUCKIN READ LMFAO

You think I care what all you swordbois who sit around and circle jerk eachother into oblivion think? Lmao, you guys lack all logic and common sense when it comes to Zoro, and anyone who can make him look better.
Tell me about the lack of common sense we have.
1. I have heard all since orojackson. It was the Zoro can't turn his sword black. After dressrosa crickets
2. But but Luffy still has better CoA look who he clashed with Doffy, Cracker etc... no way Mihawk trained him that much better than Ray. After Granpa Hyo explains Ryou Crickets
3. Not possible for Zoro to cut Kaido. Scabbards cutting up kaido. Cricket's
4. Beating commander is still to be determine.
Post automatically merged:

You dumbass Hyou cant do that final step LMFAO can you not fuckin read
Luffy wanted what hyou did

HYOU CANT DO THE COLLAR HAKI YOU CANT FUCKIN READ LMFAO
Wait i take that credit back. He thinks the scabbards are doing what Luffy and Rayleigh did?? If so i gave him credit for being credible for once for no reason.