Powers & Abilities What The Scabbards Are Doing Is SPECIAL!

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
We just have to figure out how haki that explodes out of the palm of a person's hand, is supposed to work in conjunction with a punch. Because in practice, the punch will never land because the haki is pushing the person back before that can happen.

Internal destruction makes sense in conjunction with a punch, because the punch lands, and at the same time there is a small explosion inside the person's body where the impact of the punch is landing. This effectively weakens the area, allowing for the punch to do more damage.

With a fist the haki is gathered like that you can see breaking the brick on the right side pic

with an open fist the haki radius is bigger

with a sword its more concentrated to a point

thats how i see it
Post automatically merged:

Sadly he wasnt kept away from Kamazou:josad:
Why ? He beat him

I guess if the punch lands, and then haki explodes out of their hand, it could serve as kind of a double tap. The punch weakens the area, and then the haki blast causes further damage. And if the punch lands, and the haki explodes out of the fist, and also inside the person at the same time, it would cause even greater damage.

I can get behind that.
that would be dope
similar to sengoku's shockwave.
thats really how I want the barriers to look.
Post automatically merged:

this with G4
pls
:finally:

I think we all just vastly underestimated the Scabbards...all we’ve heard about the denizens of Wano, both from pirates and Marines, is that they’re all formidable swordsmen/warriors with capabilities well beyond most other fighters in the OP world, to the point where Akainu was somewhat hesitant to send Kizaru there. It’s been difficult to believe because Kin’emon/Kanjuro/Raizo were just dicking around for most of the time we’ve known them, but now that they’re all getting serious, we can see why everyone fears them.

Will they defeat Kaido by themselves?? The prevailing wisdom is that they won’t, but honestly, it wouldn’t be that surprising to me if they brought him down before Luffy and company can deliver the finishing blow. Gotta also consider the fact that the straw hat doesn’t necessarily have to be the one that beats the Yonko; Kaido’s defeat (and Big Mom’s) will open a huge vacuum in the world’s balance, and just like WCI, Luffy could end up getting credit just for being involved. The Scabbards won’t be looking for notoriety after Kaido goes down, so what’s to stop everyone outside of Onigashima from believing Luffy was that vital to the raid?

It would be a cop out narratively, but look - Luffy is currently strong enough to beat a YC1, which means he’s more powerful than anyone on the seas outside of the Emperors. Even if he doesn’t contribute that much to Kaido’s defeat, he’s still capable of holding his own (and winning) against any other challengers to the title he’s trying to gain. He doesn’t have to be the one to overcome the obstacle just to advance his quest; if it’s done for him, the end result is the same. The Scabbards have always had more motivation to put the hurt on Kaido than our protagonist, and we’re now seeing that they collectively have the strength to do so. Wouldn’t it be more poetic for them to avenge their master than have Luffy hog all the glory, even though he inevitably will?
I agree with most of, if not all of what you said. But some people don’t seem to understand Akainu’s comment on Wano and keep hyping up the scabbards, to ridiculous degrees. Akainu only hyped up the samurai of Wano because it’s an isolated nation and the only samurai that have ever interacted with the outside world were Ryuma and Oden. Now I don’t know about Ryuma but Oden is a generational talent that arguably rivals the likes of Gol D Roger and Whitebeard. Not all the samurai are like Oden. But the rest of the world questions their strength because of the only two they’ve ever interacted with. As to underestimating the scabbards to some degree I’ll admit but I’m also biased and don’t like the scabbards with the exception of Inu, Neko, and Kawamatsu.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
I agree with most of, if not all of what you said. But some people don’t seem to understand Akainu’s comment on Wano and keep hyping up the scabbards, to ridiculous degrees. Akainu only hyped up the samurai of Wano because it’s an isolated nation and the only samurai that have ever interacted with the outside world were Ryuma and Oden. Now I don’t know about Ryuma but Oden is a generational talent that arguably rivals the likes of Gol D Roger and Whitebeard. Not all the samurai are like Oden. But the rest of the world questions their strength because of the only two they’ve ever interacted with. As to underestimating the scabbards to some degree I’ll admit but I’m also biased and don’t like the scabbards with the exception of Inu, Neko, and Kawamatsu.
True, I didn’t take into account that the world only knows the two most powerful people to come out of the isolated island...only natural that some would assume that everyone in that place is equally strong. Still, it does seem like there are a ton of mighty samurai, and the Scabbards are a few cuts above them, so them being able to collectively deal the blows they have thus far shouldn’t be the surprise it apparently is to some around here.

True, I didn’t take into account that the world only knows the two most powerful people to come out of the isolated island...only natural that some would assume that everyone in that place is equally strong. Still, it does seem like there are a ton of mighty samurai, and the Scabbards are a few cuts above them, so them being able to collectively deal the blows they have thus far shouldn’t be the surprise it apparently is to some around here.
Because Kinemon looks goofy and not like the Seinen characters this place worships so he isn't allowed to be strong according to the Chuds here

You guys are assuming that all it takes is "really strong" Haki to cut through Kaido. This isn't a "Haki vs Haki" situation like it was with Pica. Cutting through Kaido is more akin to cutting through steel, where it takes a certain amount of understanding of the substance you are trying to cut. That's the whole principle behind "The ability to cut everything and nothing."
Bingo. Cutting through Kaido doesnt require strong Haki. Once you understand the substance you're trying to cut, you will cut it like butter.

But being able to do the amount of damage Oden did, does require strong haki imo