ONE PIECE CHAPTER 992: REMNANTS

rate:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The more I see Marco, the more I’m convinced that he’s going to be the last member of the crew. This chapter is another small confirmation for me.

“Everyone who is left is free.”

That tells me a lot about Marco. Besides just being Ace’s brother, and besides Whitebeard’s last order to him being to not let Luffy die, and besides the symbolism of someone from Whitebeard’s crew overseeing the transition of the old era to the new, as Whitebeard predicted with his dying breath, and besides Marco being the most prominent person outside of the main players and Jinbe at Marineford in relation to Luffy and his speech that should the fail in protecting Luffy, it would be their (the WB pirates) greatest shame, Marco is primarily there simply because he wants to be. Which says a lot about how he feels about Luffy.

Marco showing up in Wano was huge in the sense that we’re going to be seeing him for a *long* time now. The duration of Wano through the fight against Teach. We’re going to see a lot of development between him and Luffy, and him and the crew. Already, the relationship between the two is built upon the same basis that Jinbe’s relationship with Luffy was, and look how that turned out. Jinbe has now joined the crew and is, in my opinion, closer to Luffy than anyone on the crew besides Zoro and then Nami. Really do think that him being there because he wants to be is the best reason for him to be, and the biggest reason for him joining the crew down the road (and that’s without mentioning how that line is straight out of Luffy’s ideology).

The rest of the chapter was great too, with the scabbards putting up a tremendous (the Oden tribute was great), but futile, fight against Kaido. It won’t last much longer until Luffy gets there and then Kaido is screwed. Luffy, Law, Kid, Marco, Drake, and probably Hawkins will absolutely be beating him.

But the Marco bit was the best portion of it to me. Can’t wait to see more of him.

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
Great chapter. I'm happy that Oda is devoting so much time to the Scabbard's battle with Kaido. It's by far the most engaging spot.

It appears we've reach the height of the Scabbard's performance against Kaido, as they all land Oden's signature technique on Kaido. These past few chapters have exposed how much that battle with Oden stays with Kaido. It must have to do with it being the closest he's ever come to death. That might have created a unique respect for Oden from Kaido. He even looks down on the Scabbards for attempting to resemble Oden.

It's supported by his taunting of Momonosuke. He hates that a crybaby brat like him will succeed Oden. When he was able to discern it as a lie the first time, he let the brat go to wallow in his inferiority.

He later lets him live under the condition he accepts his existence as someone unremarkable. Which makes sense for someone like Kaido, who views a glorious death among many to be a great release, while a life under the shadow of someone to be torturous.

Momo proves him wrong by shouting his name and role with pride, and now the Scabbards fight him with all their pride. In both instances, Kaido was irritated. And now we learn he beats on his child who takes on the identity of Oden. Something about others embodying Oden's spirit one way or the other miffs Kaido. Perhaps the respect I mentioned earler is moreso jealousy?

G

Gorosei Informer

The more I see Marco, the more I’m convinced that he’s going to be the last member of the crew. This chapter is another small confirmation for me.

That tells me a lot about Marco. Besides just being Ace’s brother, and besides Whitebeard’s last order to him being to not let Luffy die, and besides the symbolism of someone from Whitebeard’s crew overseeing the transition of the old era to the new, as Whitebeard predicted with his dying breath, and besides Marco being the most prominent person outside of the main players and Jinbe at Marineford in relation to Luffy and his speech that should the fail in protecting Luffy, it would be their (the WB pirates) greatest shame, Marco is primarily there simply because he wants to be. Which says a lot about how he feels about Luffy.

Marco showing up in Wano was huge in the sense that we’re going to be seeing him for a *long* time now. The duration of Wano through the fight against Teach. We’re going to see a lot of development between him and Luffy, and him and the crew. Already, the relationship between the two is built upon the same basis that Jinbe’s relationship with Luffy was, and look how that turned out. Jinbe has now joined the crew and is, in my opinion, closer to Luffy than anyone on the crew besides Zoro and then Nami. Really do think that him being there because he wants to be is the best reason for him to be, and the biggest reason for him joining the crew down the road (and that’s without mentioning how that line is straight out of Luffy’s ideology).

The rest of the chapter was great too, with the scabbards putting up a tremendous (the Oden tribute was great), but futile, fight against Kaido. It won’t last much longer until Luffy gets there and then Kaido is screwed. Luffy, Law, Kid, Marco, Drake, and probably Hawkins will absolutely be beating him.

But the Marco bit was the best portion of it to me. Can’t wait to see more of him.
Wow these are great points, I'd love to see that now both as a big Marco fan and for the reasons you gave too. I see him as a permanent ally/GF commander or something at least in future. The SHs do have a doctor already, so I can't see Marco joining for that reason but I would love it to happen still.

:cheers::phoenixmarco:
Post automatically merged:

Great chapter. I'm happy that Oda is devoting so much time to the Scabbard's battle with Kaido. It's by far the most engaging spot.

It appears we've reach the height of the Scabbard's performance against Kaido, as they all land Oden's signature technique on Kaido. These past few chapters have exposed how much that battle with Oden stays with Kaido. It must have to do with it being the closest he's ever come to death. That might have created a unique respect for Oden from Kaido. He even looks down on the Scabbards for attempting to resemble Oden.

It's supported by his taunting of Momonosuke. He hates that a crybaby brat like him will succeed Oden. When he was able to discern it as a lie the first time, he let the brat go to wallow in his inferiority.

He later lets him live under the condition he accepts his existence as someone unremarkable. Which makes sense for someone like Kaido, who views a glorious death among many to be a great release, while a life under the shadow of someone to be torturous.

Momo proves him wrong by shouting his name and role with pride, and now the Scabbards fight him with all their pride. In both instances, Kaido was irritated. And now we learn he beats on his child who takes on the identity of Oden. Something about others embodying Oden's spirit one way or the other miffs Kaido. Perhaps the respect I mentioned earler is moreso jealousy?
He's definitely jealous of Oden, I've always had that impression. It's like BM being jealous of Lola having her own independence and freedom imo (although that may be sketchy).
Oden lived and died with honour and as a brave warrior that was widely loved and widely remembered too. He was iconic. He got an amazing, self sacrifical death that nobody else has been able to compare to.

Flash foward to the present (well the past now lol) to where WB died and he too died selflessly, with honour and thus died a hero like Oden did and as a truly brave, hourable warrior with nay a scar on his back too.

Kaido tries so hard to compensate for his own secret cowardice, he puts on such an ultra macho front, trying so hard to be this badass warrior/barbarian and he was compared to being more like a thug than a pirate. Pirates tend to have their own honour despite how treacherous they can be. Although he did kill that witch because of what happened with Oden to be fair. I'd love to see more of that side of him.

But the fact he's trying to call an innocent, tortured, traumatised etc child a "coward" speaks volumes about how cowardly and pathetic Kaido actually is. He's the kind of guy who thinks he's so strong for picking on those weaker/smaller/more vulnerable then him. An attitude fitting of someone who sees them as "king of the beasts" and "survival of the strongest".

Kaido hates weakness in others because he has own insecurities too and doesn't want to confront them so her overcompensates for them with that macho behaviour and such too. It kinda draws parallels to Katakuri too, with how he was putting on that tough guy front and his similar attire to the Beast Pirates too, but Katakuri was actually concerned about protecting his family and that was his motivator for his tough guy front.

I think Kaido has a serious inferiority complex deep down like BM has with the giants and he projects it onto others. He also does envy Oden and WB for being so comfortable with who they are and being so genuinely likeable, manly, honourable, brave etc and dying so gloriously as heros. Truly going out in a blaze of glory.

Thanks for coming to my Ted talk/reading my essay lol.

:rolaugh::kaidowhat:

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow these are great point,s I'd love to see that now both as a big Marco fan and for the reasons you gave too. I see him as a permanent ally/GF commander or something at least in future. The SHs do have a doctor already, so I can't see Marco joining for that reason but I would love it to happen still.

:cheers::phoenixmarco:

He's definitely jealous of Oden, I've always had that impression. It's like BM being jealous of Lola having her own independence and freedom imo (although that may be sketchy).
Oden lived and died with honour and as a brave warrior that was widely loved and widely remembered too. He was iconic. He got an amazing, self sacrifical death that nobody else has been able to compare to.

Flash foward to the present (well the past now lol) to where WB died and he too died selflessly, with honour and thus died a hero like Oden did and as a truly brave, hourable warrior with nay a scar on his back too.

Kaido tries so hard to compensate for his own secret cowardice, he puts on such an ultra macho front, trying so hard to be this badass warrior/barbarian and he was compared to being more like a thug than a pirate. Pirates tend to have their own honour despite how treacherous they can be. Although he did kill that witch because of what happened with Oden to be fair. I'd love to see more of that side of him.

But the fact he's trying to call an innocent, tortured, traumatised etc child a "coward" speaks volumes about how cowardly and pathetic Kaido actually is. He's the kind of guy who thinks he's so strong for picking on those weaker/smaller/more vulnerable then him. An attitude fitting of someone who sees them as "king of the beasts" and "survival of the strongest".

Kaido hates weakness in others because he has own insecurities too and doesn't want to confront them so her overcompensates for them with that macho behaviour and such too. It kinda draws parallels to Katakuri too, with how he was putting on that tough guy front and his similar attire to the Beast Pirates too, but Katakuri was actually concerned about protecting his family and that was his motivator for his tough guy front.

I think Kaido has a serious inferiority complex deep down like BM has with the giants and he projects it onto others. He also does envy Oden and WB for being so comfortable with who they are and being so genuinely likeable, manly, honourable, brave etc and dying so gloriously as heros. Truly going out in a blaze of glory.

Thanks for coming to my Ted talk/reading my essay lol.

:rolaugh::kaidowhat:
Marco joining would make my day. Regarding the portion about Marco being a doctor, I tend to think that he is a “doctor” in the same way that Usopp was a “shipwright,” based on a few things.

Firstly, when Ace was injured in Marineford and they called for a doctor, it was some random that showed up as opposed to Marco.

Second, in the Ace novel, it was Thatch, not Marco, that took care of Whitebeard, and when he was giving Whitebeard the medicine, he mentioned that the doctor said to take the stuff, but didn’t name Marco specifically. If Marco was the doctor, would he really be passing on the responsibility to administer medicine to Whitebeard to another person, with how close they were? Also, given that the Ace novel came out years after Marco’s reintroduction, it’s strange that he wouldn’t be referenced by name when speaking of the doctor.

Finally, what we saw Marco do with the villagers was superficial, in the same way that Usopp’s work on the Merry was superficial. “Here, my flames will help you heal faster, just stay off it for awhile.” Nothing really procedural, just simple stuff.

So, to me, Marco’s status as a doctor is really up in the air.

Last edited:
G

Gorosei Informer

Ma

Marco joining would make my day. Regarding the portion about Marco being a doctor, I tend to think that he is a “doctor” in the same way that Usopp was a “shipwright,” based on a few things.

Firstly, when Ace was injured in Marineford and they called for a doctor, it was some random that showed up as opposed to Marco.

Second, in the Ace novel, it was Thatch, not Marco, that took care of Whitebeard, and when he was giving Whitebeard the medicine, he mentioned that the doctor said to take the stuff, but didn’t name Marco specifically. If Marco was the doctor, would he really be passing on the responsibility to administer medicine to Whitebeard to another person, with how close they were? Also, given that the Ace novel came out years after Marco’s reintroduction, it’s strange that he wouldn’t be referenced by name when speaking of the doctor.

Finally, what we saw Marco do with the villagers was superficial, in the same way that Usopp’s work on the Merry was superficial. “Here, my flames will help you heal faster, just stay off it for awhile.” Nothing really procedural, just simple stuff.

So, to me, Marco’s status as a doctor is really up in the air.
Oh really? Wow...I did think calling Marco a doctor when he appeared healing those villagers as superficial too. We've not seen him do anything "doctor related" before that and he wasn't said to be one before that either? I didn't know that about Thatch, interesting.

The Usopp point is a great comparison, that makes sense. And hence why they needed Franky ultimately ofc. So if Marco were to join then, he would have another role? Although I don't think there any roles needed specifically now and he can just join anyway?
Maybe as a Lookout?

I would like him to join, I hope you're right about it. It would make sense on why Oda brought him to Wano too then and his connections to Blackbeard that will come into play later on naturally. There's also Weevil who has to come into play somehow, who's bound to encounter Luffy sooner or later and thus Marco will be involved then surely.

I personally think a WB remnants also needs to be present to witness Blackbeards demise with his own eyes and who would be better fitting than Marco, right?

However i can't see him be more as an ally

? He did that to vent his frustration, this panels shows he actually does give a fuck buddy.
You know that Kuma was involved, right? The Warlords are directly under the WG. KIzaru can't attack Kuma because their are allies.

This has got to be a joke

>Some guy showed me up at a bar so I went to a playground and beaten up all the kids there, I am clearly stronger and dgaf
Kizaru can't attack Kuma so he "let" the straw hats "escape". Even Kizaru said it... that pirates can't be trusted.

You know that Kuma was involved, right? The Warlords are directly under the WG. KIzaru can't attack Kuma because their are allies.

Kizaru can't attack Kuma so he "let" the straw hats "escape". Even Kizaru said it... that pirates can't be trusted.
What does kuma have to do with him giving a fuck about the CDs lmfao?

Japanese HQ Raws

HQ versions:

This will look gorgeous when animated

Status
Not open for further replies.