Best nakama for the Strawhats

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
well yes i mean look at arlong at first, and then we see jinbe and fisher tiger, and then we see hody, and then back to jinbe and aladin (and praline).

the story is made for us to hate fishmen in the first place, but as the story goes, Oda trying to force us to respect the Fishmen.
and u decided me for being a racist? funny,
did i said something bad about jinbe?
I won't tolerate fishmen slander.

The narrative doesn't drive us to hate fishmen. It drives you to see and understand equality.

The start of understanding was with Arlong, a well-written villain. He mentioned how humans looked down on them, then he went and look down on humans. Then we see later down the story AGAIN how humans did fishmen so wrong, and how he grew up. We also saw how when Tiger cared for a human, humanity still betrayed him. Fisher tiger hated humans so much for doing fishmen wrong that he rather die. Arlong experienced all of this.

And even though Fisher hated humans very much, he chose the short end of the stick and decided not to seek vengeance, all for the sake of the little human girl, Koala. Also, that I remind you, he was the one to go back to Mariejois to save the slaves even the HUMAN slaves.

However, arlong chose vengeance. His feelings were justified, even if they were evil/bad. Arlong saw how someone he loved tried to give humanity the benefit of the doubt, yet was only backstabbed by the same humanity that he tried to save and come to an understanding with.

In the eyes of "Punisher", Arlong could've be considered an anti-hero because of what was done wrong to him. As much as I hate arlong, I never felt narratively pushed to hate fishmen.

This was reinforced by Nami in FMI, when she said Jinbe was not at fault for Arlong's actions. Which he wasn't, he didn't even need to apologize to her.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
I won't tolerate fishmen slander.

The narrative doesn't drive us to hate fishmen. It drives you to see and understand equality.

The start of understanding was with Arlong, a well-written villain. He mentioned how humans looked down on them, then he went and look down on humans. Then we see later down the story AGAIN how humans did fishmen so wrong, and how he grew up. We also saw how when Tiger cared for a human, humanity still betrayed him. Fisher tiger hated humans so much for doing fishmen wrong that he rather die. Arlong experienced all of this.

And even though Fisher hated humans very much, he chose the short end of the stick and decided not to seek vengeance, all for the sake of the little human girl, Koala. Also, that I remind you, he was the one to go back to Mariejois to save the slaves even the HUMAN slaves.

However, arlong chose vengeance. His feelings were justified, even if they were evil/bad. Arlong saw how someone he loved tried to give humanity the benefit of the doubt, yet was only backstabbed by the same humanity that he tried to save and come to an understanding with.

In the eyes of "Punisher", Arlong could've be considered an anti-hero because of what was done wrong to him. As much as I hate arlong, I never felt narratively pushed to hate fishmen.

This was reinforced by Nami in FMI, when she said Jinbe was not at fault for Arlong's actions. Which he wasn't, he didn't even need to apologize to her.
Fishmen history and issues is one of the best part of the whole story. Fisher Tiger is one of the best character Oda ever created

But Jimbo is the SH crew is beurk

Status
Not open for further replies.