Speculations One Piece might not have chapter 1000 this year

I also tend to believe that Chapter 1000 should have Luffy as its focus, so i think that Act 3 might end in the next 2 chapters and we return to Wano either at 999 or 1000.

I generally believe that Chapter 1000 will be Luffy giving Kaido that punch from the opening,lol
Nope, sorry. That's way too little for chapter 1000.

Luffy simply punching Kaido wouldn't even be enough for a regular chapter to get most fans all that excited, let alone such a milestone as chapter 1000.

Oda knows that his readers expect something special.

Chapter 500 wasn't about Luffy either btw, it was about Rayleigh/Roger.

Nope, sorry. That's way too little for chapter 1000.

Luffy simply punching Kaido wouldn't even be enough for a regular chapter to get most fans all that excited, let alone such a milestone as chapter 1000.

Oda knows that his readers expect something special.

Chapter 500 wasn't about Luffy either btw, it was about Rayleigh/Roger.
Chapter 1000 will be a flop unless it's something about Im, void century, SSG, Xebec or stuff like that.

This would be incredibly lame for chapter 1000.

Chapter 1000 is not a "regular" milestone like chapter 400 or chapter 600.

This is something truly special, that almost no manga manages to do.

Only opening act four of Wano with a standoff scene just doesn't come even close to cutting it for that kind of milestone.

I'm almost 100% certain that chapter 1000 will take place in between act three and four, giving us some bombshell worldbuilding/lore (Imu reveal, Blackbeard pulling off something huge, Vegapunk reveal, Void century bombshell, Will of D explained etc.)

It has to be in that kind of category, everything else would be a massive letdown.
I think you should be ready to be let down because I highly doubt that chapter 1000 will not have the strawhats in it.

Yeah, and who cares about those? Plenty of manga reach those. 1000 is a massive landmark that is special to One Piece itserespectively.
Really dude? Now we are cherry picking? They are all landmark chapters.

I'm not saying Luffy won't be featured, but its funny how arguments always seem to fit your narrative when you want it to.

"This doesn't work because of this exception I just made up". You do this all the time

I knew this back in August. This fuckin manga has so many damn breaks that Wano won’t end until end of 2022 at the earliest. They’re lucky that the fan base is so in love with the story that they are willing to wait eons for each chapter, or else One Piece would die a miserable death. The whole experience of the Wano arc has been horrible. It feels like one chapter a month.

Really dude? Now we are cherry picking? They are all landmark chapters.

I'm not saying Luffy won't be featured, but its funny how arguments always seem to fit your narrative when you want it to.

"This doesn't work because of this exception I just made up". You do this all the time
Are you joking or what? Do you know how many hundreds of manga have reached 100 chapters, and how many dozens have reached 500? Yes it is nothing special.

From the mainstream ones in publication right now only some Detective Conan or Golgo 13 exist with 1000+ chapters.

Are you joking or what? Do you know how many hundreds of manga have reached 100 chapters, and how many dozens have reached 500? Yes it is nothing special.

From the mainstream ones in publication right now only some Detective Conan or Golgo 13 exist with 1000+ chapters.
You're switching topic again. Oda didn't know it would last that long earlier on and he still decided that his milestone chapters (100 and 500) shouldn't focus on the SHs.

The fact that chapter 1000 is so special is the main reason why it almost certainly won't be a bland SH-centric chapter.

Oda knows that the expectations are sky-high.

Act 4 starting with some SH moment could in no way satisfy the fans. He literally wouldn't have anything spectacular to write in that case.

It's obviously way to early to make Luffy defeat Kaido and a mere "SH walk to AP" moment would be way too anticlimatic and lame, especially since we already got a huge "SH's assemble" doublespread as a cliffhanger a few chapters ago. Heck, even the reunion of Luffy, Kidd and Law already happened this year.