Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have my doubts. Oden got a bounty in chapter 965, which should mean that he couldn't stay in Wano anymore. But in chapter 967 he makes it clear that if he had seen how wano has changed for the worse, he would have stayed in wano instead of continuing to follow roger to defeat Orochi and Kaido, open the borders of wano and then stay in wano forever to protect it.
What the samurai basically fighting for not just momo shogun of wano. It also be bring new dawn wano and as well opening the boarder to wano. Since it’s been close for several decade. When close off from rest world. Most outsiders wouldn’t know much oden death or oden wouldn’t know anything father death. During voyage whitebeard and roger he wouldn’t know any information about wano. The only people who got information of outside world our the higher up. As well many people didn’t know anything nine Scabbards existence if there were still alive. Heck when ace arrive wano he probably didn’t the know history of wano and its struggle. He probably didn’t know how to help Tama Situation. Speaking of Yamato declare she herself oden. Is possible Ace thought oden was this strange person with masked from his perspective.

Did you read what i wrote? Had Oden defeated Orochi and Kaido he would have opened the borders of wano which allowed the world government to come to wano but Oden would still have stayed in wano forever to protect it ... even though he has a bounty.
Do you know the difference between being closed off country versus being open to the rest of the world? From wanted criminal perspective and citizen general?

Last edited:
Do you know the difference between being closed off from the rest of the world versus being open to the rest of the world? From wanted criminal perspective and citizen general?
When the borders of wano are open then wano is open to the world, which allows the world government to come to wano. Which brings me back to the point that Oden would have stayed in wano forever even though he has a bounty.

When the borders of wano are open then wano is open to the world, which allows the world government to come to wano. Which brings me back to the point that Oden would have stayed in wano forever even though he has a bounty.
At that time perfectly safe and he retired of being pirate. Oden was well respect individual in wano his wife speak more about legend as character and that scabbards who will appear 20 years time. They also believe he would One that could liberate their country from evil orochi and kaido.

Oh man ... the point is that when the borders of wano are open and the world government comes to wano, that oden would still have stayed in wano forever to protect it even though he has a bounty.
Sadly that was short-lived. The point wano opens its borders to the world. It’s likely Yamato going get bounty since the daughter of yonko. She going well known. Since this different area than sengoku and garp area. Akainu sense justice and his ideal wouldn’t hesitate to go after Her. The question is why couldn’t other straw hats stay where they belong? The reason is they all have ambition or goals they want accomplish. if they were left alone they wouldn’t survive being by themselves it would take them a lot longer accomplish there goals they had mind and suffer outlaws being completely alone. Usually before straw hats join they showcase there level importance with arc. Why they need them in the first place.

Even if he decided not to be a pirate anymore, he would still be a wanted person.
Plus country wouldn’t same Situation where is today if oden was successful. The government would let bad dead slide. However, same result could also as well in different way. Instead country going crap is likely they would arrest oden, the rest nine scabbards. His family would basically be prosecuted for treason and assassination. If he asked other help him that would different story.
Post automatically merged:

Okay ... I think I'll give up on you. You don't seem to understand my point at all anymore. Now you're writing confused stuff that has nothing to do with my point.
I understand your point completely. What I think your not mentioning is context of setting that actually at that give point in time. The point your saying oden getting bounty on his head he would still remain wano. My thing is would he out in the open if the boarder are wano are open to rest of the world. That’s where get little tricky.

Plus country wouldn’t same Situation where is today if oden was successful. The government would let bad dead slide. However, same result could also as well in different way. Instead country going crap is likely they would arrest oden, the rest nine scabbards. His family would basically be prosecuted for treason and assassination. If he asked other help him that would different story.

I understand your point completely. What I think your not mentioning is context of setting that actually at that give point in time. The point your saying oden getting bounty on his head he would still remain wano. My thing is would he out in the open if the boarder are wano are open to rest of the world. That’s where get little tricky.
When izou said oden he got wanted poster and he should return wano. The marines-wouldn’t try pursue him since wano isn’t allies to world government. Since country close off country rest develop world. They wouldn’t know anything about oden being outlaw from there perspective.

Last edited:
He'd already got his bounty on Whitebeard's ship. Read chapter 967 again. As I said before, he makes it clear if he had defeated Orochi and Kaido and then opened the borders of wano, which allows the world government to come to wano, that he would still have stayed in wano forever to protect it ... even though he knows that he is a wanted person.

I think I'll stop here with you, apparently you just seem to write confused stuff ... which gives me a headache.

Maybe it's easier for you if I write it like this:

When Oden officially returned to wano, he intended to defeat Orochi and Kaido, open the borders of wano and then stay in wano forever to protect it ... even though he knows he is a wanted person ... what you learn from him in chapter 967.

Last edited:
He'd already got his bounty on Whitebeard's ship. Read chapter 967 again. As I said before, he makes it clear if he had defeated Orochi and Kaido and then opened the borders of wano, which allows the world government to come to wano, that he would still have stayed in wano forever to protect it ... even though he knows that he is a wanted person.

I think I'll stop here with you, apparently you just seem to write confused stuff ... which gives me a headache.

Maybe it's easier for you if I write it like this:

When Oden officially returned to wano, he intended to defeat Orochi and Kaido, open the borders of wano and then stay in wano forever to protect it ... even though he knows he is a wanted person ... what you learn from him in chapter 967.
The problem is you’re comparing two individual characters that don’t have same lifestyle with them as a character. Oden respect individual through out wano and Yamato is virtual unknown that descendent ruined their country for 20+ years. They both help wano In there own way. The is Questions who would view as hero and who would be well respect individual ? Oden would be well respect individual and hero. Yamato on the other hand she would brand as hero, however, citizen of wano aren’t familiar with her. So how could they trust someone Descendent that ruin our country for 20+ years. They will be like “what if she just using us”. “ To plot revenge against her father Will she kill momo when time is right?” That would question lot people minds a lot other people minds. I get that Luffy, momo, the remaining samurais, and even people survive war will try voucher for her. Is going take sometime for people fully trust her as own individual person. Since boarder are going be open. There would no need for her stay wano. If remaining samurai are still alive they could look after momo and since zou is going ally to wano. That’s even further proof she doesn’t need stay. Her father Organization is gone let her go on adventure.

Last edited:
Just saying the way 994 ends almost emits strong strawhat vibes from Yamato. There is a focus there that not many arc related characters get on a "badass" level outside the strawhats. Just a vibe im getting from the character, not to mention the fucked up flashback with her and potentially whomever her mother is
Big Mom:willsmith:

Just saying the way 994 ends almost emits strong strawhat vibes from Yamato. There is a focus there that not many arc related characters get on a "badass" level outside the strawhats. Just a vibe im getting from the character, not to mention the fucked up flashback with her and potentially whomever her mother is
After reading the official, I'm doubling down on my endorsement for Yamato joining. All we need is the expected expansion on backstory and such

Status
Not open for further replies.