Is jinbe gonna witness greatness soon?

• Total voters
I've actually meant to get into it. Is it hard to get into? Lots of gacha BS?
I think it's got a steep learning curve but it suits people who enjoy:
  • strategy (planning optimal teams to clear content)
  • games where you continually grow stronger
  • gaming communities (the OPTC subreddit is a very helpful resource)
  • collecting characters
  • using specific characters from One Piece

Gotta say though, I've been playing this game for 3+ years now and it's pretty fresh, they keep bringing in new content from Japan and adding characters to the game.

Here's some more Zoro greatness for the FC:

Cyrus the Cactus

Mihawk Reigns Supreme
  • collecting characters

Gotta say though, I've been playing this game for 3+ years now and it's pretty fresh, they keep bringing in new content from Japan and adding characters to the game.

Yeah, I really like the art they have for the characters. Like Hancock's succubus costume from one of the Halloween events or whatever :steef:

I'll probably download it on my phone to kill time while OP is on break lol

G

Gran D. Master

I really don't understand the idea that Zoro supposedly came out of the timeskip stronger than Luffy, since he doesn't even have any feats on the level of G4 Dressrosa Luffy, let alone anything that that would even imply he's anywhere above that

• collecting characters

I knew all this juicy art came from TC. Never played it though. They add a lot of recent stuff even Dragon Kaido is in it

The manlines the crew is relying on tho :steef:

I really don't understand the idea that Zoro supposedly came out of the timeskip stronger than Luffy, since he doesn't even have any feats on the level of G4 Dressrosa Luffy, let alone anything that that would even imply he's anywhere above that
I wouldn’t say it’s impossible though, given that Zoro hasn’t shown all he’s capable of and what he has shown is very impressive.
  • Blitzed Hyouzou, who reacted to G2 Luffy and who Luffy identified as strong
  • Clashed repeatedly with Fujitora, pushing him back with a flying slash from his weakest sword
  • Destroyed a building with a seppuku knife and defeated multiple samurai while escaping
  • Paralysed a logia and defeated her through fear alone
  • Was (retroactively) the first straw hat to unlock armament haki
  • he spent 2 years with the best trainer he could’ve had, while Luffy only spent 1.5 years with Ray, who appears to be a swordsman rather than a brawler
  • He’s slated to surpass Oden in this arc. If he exited the TS too far behind Luffy, how is he going to do that? It would take some BS of the highest grade to promote Zoro from YC3/4 straight to YC1

• Overall it’s just a possibility but given that people in the OP verse get stronger through fighting difficult opponents and Zoro seems to have had the most brutal training, he may well be a lot stronger than his current feats suggest.

G

Gran D. Master

I wouldn’t say it’s impossible though, given that Zoro hasn’t shown all he’s capable of and what he has shown is very impressive.
  • Blitzed Hyouzou, who reacted to G2 Luffy and who Luffy identified as strong
  • Clashed repeatedly with Fujitora, pushing him back with a flying slash from his weakest sword
  • Destroyed a building with a seppuku knife and defeated multiple samurai while escaping
  • Paralysed a logia and defeated her through fear alone
  • Was (retroactively) the first straw hat to unlock armament haki
  • he spent 2 years with the best trainer he could’ve had, while Luffy only spent 1.5 years with Ray, who appears to be a swordsman rather than a brawler
  • He’s slated to surpass Oden in this arc. If he exited the TS too far behind Luffy, how is he going to do that? It would take some BS of the highest grade to promote Zoro from YC3/4 straight to YC1

• Overall it’s just a possibility but given that people in the OP verse get stronger through fighting difficult opponents and Zoro seems to have had the most brutal training, he may well be a lot stronger than his current feats suggest.
The way Zoro is surpassing Oden is by being given multiple power ups throughout this Arc; he already received his first power-up without even having a fight, which was when he was given Enma. And Luffy needed Nami's help to deal with a YC3 in cracker, yet by the end of the arc he defeated Katakuri who is by far the most impressive YC1 in terms of feats.

Also personally I don't put too much significance on who they were trained by because the student is more important than the master at the end of the day, and Luffy has more talent and potential for growth.
On top of that, Zoro acknowledged Luffy's superiority back on FI when he commented on Luffy being strong enough to be his captain; so I think that in Zoro's eyes, the difference between them was already made clear back then.

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
The way Zoro is surpassing Oden is by being given multiple power ups throughout this Arc; he already received his first power-up without even having a fight, which was when he was given Enma. And Luffy needed Nami's help to deal with a YC3 in cracker, yet by the end of the arc he defeated Katakuri who is by far the most impressive YC1 in terms of feats.

Also personally I don't put too much significance on who they were trained by because the student is more important than the master at the end of the day, and Luffy has more talent and potential for growth.
On top of that, Zoro acknowledged Luffy's superiority back on FI when he commented on Luffy being strong enough to be his captain; so I think that in Zoro's eyes, the difference between them was already made clear back then.
Pretty sure zoro said if luffy couldnt at least do coc hed take over.

The way Zoro is surpassing Oden is by being given multiple power ups throughout this Arc; he already received his first power-up without even having a fight, which was when he was given Enma.
The thing about Enma is that you need to be strong to even wield it. Anyone with a weaker will and less control over their haki would have essentially bled out and died by just swinging it around. Zoro has enough control over his haki to command Enma to return his CoA and even impressed the scabbards who are all veteran swordsmen and haki users. I don’t think Enma itself is Zoro’s powerup, but rather Zoro upgrading Enma into a black blade. Doing so, however, would require some of the best CoA we’ve seen in the verse, something that should be impossible if he came out of the timeskip noticeably weaker than Luffy.

Also personally I don't put too much significance on who they were trained by because the student is more important than the master at the end of the day
I don’t know about that. Coby was never highlighted as a person of great talent, yet under Garp he shot through the marine ranks and overtook Tashigi in rank. Your teacher does matter a lot in OP, which is why Kuma sent the Straw Hats to very specific islands with specific individuals that could help them hone their skills. If you gave Usopp Mihawk as a trainer and you gave Zoro Heracles for 2 years, you’d definitely see a difference in how much they improved.

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
Luffy showing he still has the edge over Zoro therefore why he is worthy of being his captain
By having CoC? So far it is of no help in 1vs1. It is more like that a figure Zoro respects and considers worthy to call a captain should at least have such ability but it plays no role in 1vs1 between them, unless it ends up being some brokenly powerful ability.

G

Gran D. Master

The thing about Enma is that you need to be strong to even wield it. Anyone with a weaker will and less control over their haki would have essentially bled out and died by just swinging it around. Zoro has enough control over his haki to command Enma to return his CoA and even impressed the scabbards who are all veteran swordsmen and haki users. I don’t think Enma itself is Zoro’s powerup, but rather Zoro upgrading Enma into a black blade. Doing so, however, would require some of the best CoA we’ve seen in the verse, something that should be impossible if he came out of the timeskip noticeably weaker than Luffy.
Yes I agree with Zoro being strong enough to handle Emma's. I made the exact same point you just did back when chapter 955 came out. However Zoro also says that he needs to learn to control the sword which will result in him getting stronger, which is him getting a power up through training which was almost completely off-screened. So he got a power up without having to fight.

I don’t know about that. Coby was never highlighted as a person of great talent, yet under Garp he shot through the marine ranks and overtook Tashigi in rank. Your teacher does matter a lot in OP, which is why Kuma sent the Straw Hats to very specific islands with specific individuals that could help them hone their skills. If you gave Usopp Mihawk as a trainer and you gave Zoro Heracles for 2 years, you’d definitely see a difference in how much they improved.
And Garp is, or at least was stronger than Rayleigh, but we know Luffy will always be stronger than Coby. I know teachers matter, but the student is much more significant; Usopp doesn't have the potential to become a top tier no matter who trained him for how long, whereas Luffy would end up reaching the top even without any timeskip training.
Post automatically merged:

By having CoC? So far it is of no help in 1vs1. It is more like that a figure Zoro respects and considers worthy to call a captain should at least have such ability but it plays no role in 1vs1 between them, unless it ends up being some brokenly powerful ability.
I'm not implying his CoC would help him in a fight against Zoro, but Zoro still decided to point out that Luffy having it verifies him as as someone who deserves to hold authority over Zoro. You wouldn't let someone have authority over you if you knew you were equal or superior to them.

Last edited by a moderator:

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
I'm not implying his CoC would help him in a fight against Zoro, but Zoro still decided to point out that Luffy having it verifies him as as someone who deserves to hold authority over Zoro. You wouldn't let someone have authority over you if you knew you were equal or superior to them.
It is not about authority between them, it has never been but about the respect they have for each other.

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
The Warlords being abolished at around the same time as Wano is pretty convenient for where Mihawk is concerned. Currently, the Strawhats are in Wano, the land of Samurai. Swordsmen like Ryuma and Oden in particular are getting hype. Indirect hype for Mihawk. Zoro himself is set to grow as a swordsman since his timeskip training.

All this, and Mihawk has kept a low profile. Until now. Relinquished of his Warlord title, Mihawk is now only defined by his status as the 'Strongest Swordsman in the World.' As written earlier, the Samurai of the Wano Country are receiving a lot of hype as combatants. But for as great as they are, Mihawk is the current WSS, and Zoro's ultimate goal. I think Oda having Mihawk on the move now is to coincide with Zoro's growth in Wano. Zoro has managed to surpass all these Wano Samurai, who have been lauded for their strength, yet he is still so far away from Mihawk.

"Congratulations, Zoro! You defeated King, surpassed all of Wano's Samurai in recent memory, landed a critical blow on Kaido (With heavy assistance), turned your sword black. However, Mihawk just casually annihilated an armada of Navy ships single handedly, whilst being reminded as the Strongest Swordsman in the World. Still got a ways to go."

This isn't the first time Oda did something like this either. Zoro was struggling to even get a nick on Mr.1 during Alabasta. It was one of his toughest battles. Fast forward to Marineford, Mihawk cuts that same Mr.1 the moment he identifies him.

In Stampede, Zoro had to cut a meteor sent by Issho. He had to use his strongest Santoryu technique for it to only be cut in half. Mihawk completely obliterate the 2 halves of the meteor with but a simple swing of his blade. Stampede is not canon. However, Oda supervised the development of the film. If he deemed there was anything that didn't align with his manga he could've prevented its inclusion. Probably why Sanji didn't get matched up with an Admiral like Zoro.

Last edited: