Votes: 19 12.8%
  • ⭐️⭐️

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • ⭐️

Votes: 2 1.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
God, Kureha would have beaten and scolded Chopper for doing something so stupid, any real doctor would have realized that despite Brook not being personally affected by Queen's Ice Demon Virus he was still contagious and that he should have taken all the precautions to avoid being contaminated upon approaching Brook.
I also presume Genzo and Nojiko would get shocked and pissed at Luffy at how Nami ended up bloody like that.

The last part of this chapter was really emotional.

Nami's been beaten so badly here, worse than I've ever seen her before. She's so terrified she starts crying, she 100% believes she could die right there.

But even in that situation even though she's so scared, her faith in Luffy is unwavering. She just cant say that he wont be able to achieve his dreams. Because she believes it as a fact that he will be Pirate King. Best girl right there :steef:

Also, I can't with people talking shit about Usopp. He isn't being cowardly here. He isn't worried about himself, he is worried about Nami. He wants her to save herself. Usopp has been in these life and death situations before and he always pulled through, but this time Nami's life is on the line. Of course, he wants her to run away.
In Alabasta, Usopp has been in the exact same situation with Mr 4 and Miss Merry Christmans. He did the same thing that Nami did:

Obviously at the moment he wants Nami to survive by any means, he won't tell Nami to kill herself FFS. People shitting on Usopp for this are Spee D. Readers.

Akai2

🆉🅾🆁🅾 🆃🅾🅾 🆂🆃🆁🅾🅽🅺!
It's really sad to see Nami like this lol

She's been heavily protected for so long
Yeah I don't like seeing weak characters get beat up cause I know they can't retaliate. But it's a badass character moment for her.
In Alabasta, Usopp has been in the exact same situation with Mr 4 and Miss Merry Christmans. He did the same thing that Nami did:

Obviously at the moment he wants Nami to survive by any means, he won't tell Nami to kill herself FFS. People shitting on Usopp for this are Spee D. Readers.
Usopp already achieved his dream for me. He's brave when things he truly values are in jeopardy. He's just weak so he's afraid. There's a difference between cowardice and fear.

I could sort of see the argument in that Nami’s life has been on the line before and also pulled through, regardless of it not having been an Emperor-related situation, and that Usopp didn’t have to think that lying about Luffy not being pirate king is “okay”, but that he still would have completely understood Nami saying that so as to save herself. It would have definitely gotten more flack if Usopp had lied about Luffy being Pirate King to save himself, even on the grounds of him trying to survive so that he can save someone else later.

If I don't see Ice Oni Monster Point Chopper, I am fucking rioting!

That being said, this was a pretty good chapter. We finally get the beginning of the confrontation between Carrot and Perospero that has been building up for over a hundred chapters now. Glad to see he brought Wanda into the mix, because even with Sulong, defeating Perospero is going to be no easy feat. This is very interesting though, because the more this raid/war goes on, the more Oda constantly is setting up tag matches. There really isn't an instance where anyone is fighting a one on one.

I have a feeling that's how this entire arc is going to play out, and rightfully so, because Yonko's and their crews should not be going down in traditional villain fashion. At least not the very first one, when the Straw Hats as a whole still have a decent way to go before they all fall into their respectful places of the highest tiers they will achieve. Usopp and Nami getting absolutely demolished is a testament to that. Even if they are apart of the weak trio, this was just a massacre.

The chapter also once again steers me towards the belief that this raid is going to end in failure, as this seems to be the turning point, as there ain't no way Usopp and Nami are coming back after this until they get some medical attention. This way it can also give the alliance a chance to regroup, rethink their strategy, become stronger, and try again. It falls in line with the one month prediction Hawkins gave us at the beginning of the arc.

We also now have confirmation (Which many speculated to be the case because of Garps punch) that Haki completely negates Marco's regeneration. He knew getting hit my that arrow from Perospero would have been good game. I like how Oda played this scene out as well. When Big Mom saw Carrot and Wanda in their Sulong form, she realized she was missing all the action on the main battlefield, and it caused her to drop Marco and make a beeline for where Kaido is. Little does she know, all the other Sulong Minks have been taken care of. She's going to be disappointed when/if she finally makes it there.

I absolutely love the fact that Oda is actually giving Apoo some shine. Ever since his introduction he was shit on and claimed to be one of the weakest Worst Gen members, and yet here he is, getting mad hype constantly throughout the arc. Oda even slipped in an armament Haki moment as well, which was cool. Really hope he gets a solid fight come arcs end.

And last but not least, we once again have Oda being a massive troll, and adding fuel to the fire for all the Zoro vs Sanji debates. At this point, he's doing it on purpose, and he just wants to watch the World burn. He has Queen call them the second and third best fighters in the crew, but leaves it completely ambiguous as to who Queen is referring to, Lmao. On one side of the fandom, they could argue Queen mentions Zoro first, and Sanji second, so Zoro = the second and Sanji = the third, and on the other side of the fandom they could argue that the only thing Queen has to base this assumption off of is their Bounty posters, and with Sanji's being on the left and Zoro's being on the right, with Sanji's bounty slightly higher, then it means Sanji = second and Zoro = Third. Oda, you are absolutely fucking evil.... Hats off to you for that though. Personally, I am more interested in Queens connection to Judge. Hopefully Oda expands upon that more later, and it's not just some oneoff comment that gets pushed aside never to be spoken of again.

All in all, I enjoyed this chapter, and it's left a ton of stuff for people to talk about and debate over for weeks to come.

I could sort of see the argument in that Nami’s life has been on the line before and also pulled through, regardless of it not having been an Emperor-related situation, and that Usopp didn’t have to think that lying about Luffy not being pirate king is “okay”, but that he still would have completely understood Nami saying that so as to save herself. It would have definitely gotten more flack if Usopp had lied about Luffy being Pirate King to save himself, even on the grounds of him trying to survive so that he can save someone else later.
It's one thing to risk your life for Luffy, which Usopp has done countless times, but it's another thing to risk someone else's life.
It's like the Zoro Sanji situation with Kuma where both were willing to sacrifice themselves but not each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.