rate:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very fitting title with a Yonko on the cover. Blackbeard brushing his teeth next to his spirit animal the Hippo. Wouldn't surprise me if he rinses with alcohol. He loves to drink and yet just one glass of milk would fix that horrible grill of his. Too bad he's lactose intolerant.

Pokemon Trainer Tama putting her slaves/captures to good use. A monkey that can stall Page One and Ulti (or at least one of them) for 3 minutes is a better catch than any Gifter. Usopp and Nami have to eat the L, but they accomplished their goal of getting two Tobiroppo off their captain's back. Once they recover, I'm sure they'll be far better prepared for a Round 2. Tama mentions she got a ride from enemy ship. That could have easily been the Samurai fleet, the lack of detail and how quickly it gets cut off makes it a potential future plot point worth speculating about. 1) She rode in Orochi's fleet. 2) Random Beast Pirates ship, reasonable because Tama can brainwash all the top Gifters. 3) A third party ship Tama views as an enemy, currently hiding in Onigashima. The mystery stalker not quite solved.

Yamato reveals she needs a dental plan. Eh, just slap a mask over that mouth like Jack, Ulti, P1, etc. This Strawhat nerd confuses Franky for poster General Franky, just as Yamato first saw her man Luffy and swooped in for him. The BP top officers could learn from her. Yamato projecting force isn't something noteworthy as many characters from Jesus Burgess to Ivankov with a wink can do it, except she just one-shotted a sober Number. Luffy went Gear Fourth and X-Drake went hybrid to take out some drunk Numbers, Yamato didn't even make contact and did it from range. For Yamato to be hiding a transformation that will take her even beyond this is just scary. While it would be wonderful if Wano, the Zoan arc, blessed us with another Mythical Zoan, I have to wonder why Kaido didn't cuff Yamato in seastone. It wouldn't even have to replace the exploding collar as it could go around her wrists, and denying Yamato her haki and her transformation would go a long way in controlling her. Unless it's not a DF and they are a family of shapeshifting dragons like a certain Wano fox. Put those Baihu/Byakko theories on hold for now..

Supernova watch: Law, Kid and Killer spotted loitering in aisle 2. Not the best time to be hunting poneglyphs, unless Law's master plan is to cut and run as everyone fights. It is adorable to know Law had a conversation with Robin about his D lineage and has become interested in the history inscribed in the 'glyphs. Maybe take down one of his death flags as Law can't die without first knowing the truth? We also learn Kid and his enabler Killer are Luffy level when it comes to making strategy. They had a week of prep time and it all just amounts to running around Onigashima collecting as much metal as they can. Hilarious. These guys watched Stampede and thought KING KING KING KONG GUN was a brilliant idea:doffytroll:

Big Mom riding a jet straight to the roof, Kaido's unpaid child support sense is tingling. Killer's line "The world's strongest pirate" followed by a transition to all the retainers taking a clubbing gave me the chills. I imagine Big Mom wants to go up there because it's the most likely place Luffy will be. It's far too early to be betraying the Beast Pirates. Maybe the answer to the question of whether Luffy defeats Big Mom or Kaido first is that he fights both of them at once. It all looks like set up for a dramatic Chapter 1000 scene when Luffy finally reaches the roof with an epic staredown and declaration in front of two Yonko.

An enjoyable chapter overall. Black Leg vs Black Maria smells like shenanigans. Armored Sasaki vs Armored Shogun Franky is another dream match up coming true. Sasaki has the potential of being a cool guy like Senor Pink even getting a little flashback he shared with Franky. Sasaki looks even more overwhelming than Ulti or P1 but the General has yet to be pushed to its limits. With Black Maria finally forced into the action, next chapter I could see Oda drawing his favorite type of Wano scene...good ol' fanservice. He owes it to Sanji for denying him in the brothel. In the meantime, somebody please help this poor reindeer:
He looks like he can't survive another chapter with his condition.

Again that "bringing the dawn"- line. Remember Yamato read Oden's logbook, she probably has that from there.

And Kid is going to the top with an endless amount of metal. I can see how this preparation might compensate his potential awakening, that he might not have yet. I guess under those circumstances we will probably witness what the max capacity of his fruit is like. Two birds with one stone...
And it looks like we might get a 2on2 on the roof top. BM & Kaido vs Kid & Luffy.. Midly hyped, mildly hypeeeeed right now :D Damn, that would be insane

Status
Not open for further replies.