Powers & Abilities Pre-Wano Luffy CoA vs Zoro CoA

Which CoA is better?

• Total voters
Luffy's training didn't last as long as Zoro's if we are talking about Luffy trying to get familiar with Adv. Haki.
Luffy’s training started in Udon(before Zoro’s)
Included a teacher, live test subjects, set nerfs, and 2 life threatening moments resulting in haki bloom
I’m not seeing how Zoro eating wasabi when he found out where Luffy was=him training for longer or this more “legit training” you mentioned
Post automatically merged:

Furthermore, why would Zoro try to empower his haki like he obviously did (you can grasp that from what happened to his arm) had he no intentions to reach an highter stage? :) he was clearly one step away from advanced ryou given that his basic haki showings were never inferior to Luffy's. Luffy only had the G4 boost, but his haki was still basic.
I’m not arguing Zoro having haki near, on or above Luffy’s pre Wano level here, but having the desire to grow in strength and having a teacher demonstrate how right in front of you is a fundamental difference in training quality IMO

If the argument is who had better COA then it was Zorro because he had a better way of using it, advanced Haki the advantages were numerous, combat wise it made in "casual mode" stronger, more versatile and just better fighter with less weak points, but in terms of power luffy dwarfs. But Luffy's quick use of Armament Haki and putting it anywhere in the body and armoring his own body he was a master at that. Man could use hardening anywhere on his body, on the bottom of his shoes if he wanted to and had to. Base Luffy's hardening mastery is perfect and pretty ridiculous.
And yeah Boundman even though inefficent it takes one hell of a monster to maintain it. no wonder base Luffy seemed to have endless Haki.

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
If the argument is who had better COA then it was Zorro because he had a better way of using it, advanced Haki the advantages were numerous, combat wise it made in "casual mode" stronger, more versatile and just better fighter with less weak points, but in terms of power luffy dwarfs. But Luffy's quick use of Armament Haki and putting it anywhere in the body and armoring his own body he was a master at that. Man could use hardening anywhere on his body, on the bottom of his shoes if he wanted to and had to. Base Luffy's hardening mastery is perfect and pretty ridiculous.
And yeah Boundman even though inefficent it takes one hell of a monster to maintain it. no wonder base Luffy seemed to have endless Haki.
You just dont understand how swordsmen fight... Why would they use Armament anywhere else except on the swords?
What's the point? It is literally useless if they apply it on any other spot.
When it comes to mastery, Zoro is portrayed as the 3rd individual in the whole world, through centuries, to achieve a black blade.
Luffy never stood a chance in Armament. He is a combatant who relies on brute punching force.

You just dont understand how swordsmen fight... Why would they use Armament anywhere else except on the swords?
When it comes to mastery, Zoro is portrayed as the 3rd individual in the whole world, through centuries, to achieve a black blade.
Luffy never stood a chance in Armament. He is a combatant who relies on brute punching force.
Miss me with this black blade armament Haki headcannon. And completely unrelated Haki is invisible. I don't care how swordsmen use Haki. Many people use Ryou like Sentoumaru and it's just more complete way. Ryou is more effective as it is added attack power, more conveniant, far more potent attacks, more versatile defense, better control, more effective, far less drawbacks, more skilled, more danger. it's better than throwing punches this is why I give "better" to Zorro , That's it. in terms of power Luffy dwarfs. Zorro can't even break base Luffy COA ever. I knew not to even give any credit to zorrotards I forgot they're like pigs. You give them a hand they want to eat the whole hand.

Does Luffy not stand a chance in COO with Sanji too ? simply learning advanced Haki Luffy has jumped to Admiral Yonko tier. Zorro with it is Commander level at best and most Scabbards would clap. Zorro also is a long way from challengig even Doffy in cutting power let alone getting anywhere near breaking Luffy’s Haki. Luffy now relies on Haki too. Zorro never stood stand a chance in Haki agaist Luffy, Luffy was told by Rayleigh to master all three forms of Haki not just to specialize in one. Look at the situation now. Luffy's basics in Haki were the most perfect and balanced out of the monster trio. now he has far greater Armament and Obs than both Zorro and Sanji, and I am being nice.
You realize Luffy is about to fight Kaido possibly even Big Mom and put him in a mid diff just because he got ryou while Zorro will be put in an extreme diff by King right even though he already had Ryou ? Let's stop this.

Last edited:

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
Miss me with this black blade armament Haki headcannon. And completely unrelated Haki is invisible. I don't care how swordsmen use Haki. Many people use Ryou like Sentoumaru and it's just more complete way. Ryou is more effective as it is added attack power, more conveniant, far more potent attacks, more versatile defense, better control, more effective, far less drawbacks, more skilled, more danger. it's better than throwing punches this is why I give "better" to Zorro , That's it. in terms of power Luffy dwarfs. Zorro can't even break base Luffy COA ever. I knew not to even give any credit to zorrotards I forgot they're like pigs. You give them a hand they want to eat the whole hand.

Does Luffy not stand a chance in COO with Sanji too ? simply learning advanced Haki Luffy has jumped to Admiral Yonko tier. Zorro with it is Commander level at best and most Scabbards would clap. Zorro also is a long way from challengig even Doffy in cutting power let alone getting anywhere near breaking Luffy’s Haki. Luffy now relies on Haki too. Zorro never stood stand a chance in Haki agaist Luffy, Luffy was told by Rayleigh to master all three forms of Haki not just to specialize in one. Look at the situation now. Luffy's basics in Haki were the most perfect and balanced out of the monster trio. now he has far greater Armament and Obs than both Zorro and Sanji, and I am being nice.
You realize Luffy is about to fight Kaido possibly even Big Mom and put him in a mid diff just because he got ryou while Zorro will be put in an extreme diff by King right even though he already had Ryou ? Let's stop this.
Black blade is the rarest achievement in the series and it is done with Armament Haki. Zoro wont achieve that by having worse Armament than the guy whose Armament was broken by hakiless Fodder Jones. You know it, I know it, everyone knows it.
You should care how they use it before you make claims like that because you make no sense. Ryo and Hardening are just two different applications of Armament, one has nothing to do with the other. Both add to attack power and defense. More skilled? For who? Luffy? Sure. Others? Nope. Dont project Luffy's hardships with Armament onto others.

In terms of what power Luffy dwarfs? Punching power? Obviously, Zoro isnt playing a punching game at all. In terms of cutting power, who dwarfs there? Do you see what you just wrote there? " Zorro can't even break base Luffy COA ever. " Do you realize how ridiculous that is? Luffy's CoA was broken by fodder fishman who doesnt have haki at all and isnt swinging a sword, just bitting. Yeah, we Zoro-tards are pigs because we tell you what you dont like to hear.

In what segment of CoO? Feeling some pervert shit? Obviously not. You literally have Sanji sensing shit in last chapter and Luffy isnt. Luffy isnt better in all segments of CoO than Sanji. He isnt better in all segments of CoO than Zoro either. Zoro can sense inanimate objects while Luffy cant. If you lift your head out of the sand you might realize that Luffy is far from what you think of him.

No, by learning advanced Haki, Luffy didnt jump any tiers. Where you got that from? How many tiers do you think there are if every PU is making him jump tiers? You will soon realize that Zoro is the strongest fighter the alliance has and in the entire arc he is only behind Kaido and Big Mom. LoL at Doffy cutting power and breaking Luffy's haki, that's rookie feats.

No, Luffy learned only the basics while Zoro focused on the Haki that matters the most in combat - Armament, that's why he dwarfs Luffy. No, CoC is useless in 1vs1, his FS up time is equal to not having it and he cant sense things which Zoro can or things that Sanji can, his Armament is still nowhere close to Zoro's and it never will be. Luffy is barely able to compete with the level of armament which Scabbards have while Zoro is portrayed above Oden when it comes to Armament - in his hands swords can become Kokutos.

You realize that everyone will fight Kaido and Big Mom, including Zoro? What makes Luffy special if everyone does it as well?
Yeah, you better stop because this isnt working out how you intended it to.

this is like saying luffy s haki>oden because luffy could coat his haki on body and oden only on swords :suresure:
we know oden would shit on luffy s haki with ez yet oden never coated his body:cheers:

The fact that Zoro with a haki attack is blocked so casually by Apoo is enough proof that his CoA is nowhere near Oden's haki level, while Luffy has already reached Oden haki level

As for the question of the topic, only Luffy in the boundman who unites the power of the haki with the increase of the muscles and the elasticity of the DF is superior. Current Zoro is superior to the CoA of the pre-wano base Luffy

The fact that Zoro with a haki attack is blocked so casually by Apoo is enough proof that his CoA is nowhere near Oden's haki level, while Luffy has already reached Oden haki level

As for the question of the topic, only Luffy in the boundman who unites the power of the haki with the increase of the muscles and the elasticity of the DF is superior. Current Zoro is superior to the CoA of the pre-wano base Luffy
Careful there buddy, speaking logic can piss off a lot of people.