Who Got More Hype This Chapter

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally believe and want the raid to fail because I think it makes more sense thematically.
The alliance attacked an island with two Yonko with smiles on their faces and jokes on each page, if the raid is a success it means that Oda failed to give it the seriousness and intensity that this event deserves and I honestly believe that Oda is a better writer than that and can generate very good atmospheres.
The Straw Hats must grow into a crew that rivals a yonko and for that growth to be logical and justified they must first fall. The raid must fail to destroy this overconfidence and eternal joy that Onigashima has delivered, so I believe that they must lose, grow and fight again to win.

Finalbeta

Zoro Worshipper
He wouldn´t get hyped by fightning Roger when he would be the strongest men back then bro..
Cmon then Buggy would said it otherwise like" Roger was the only one who fought equal with Whitebeard" but that isn´t the case her, Whitebeard get hyped BECAUSE he fought Roger equal in a battle. With means he wasn´t the strongest men back then, neither we see it when we get Oden flashback, he was only named as great pirate.
Then again Buggy's statement holds flaws in the first place.

Whitebeard wasn't a legit WSM whilst he was old and sick but Buggy states he was.

There are 2 explanations:

1. Buggy is a fool
2. Buggy thought Whitebeard was still as powerful as in the past, when Whitebeard was actually way more potent than in the current age when he was old and sick

The second hypothesis is objectively the most legitimate cause he knew how strong the two were, take that on top of the fact WB and Roger were said to clash equally by the very Buggy as well.

There are overall more elements that can allow us to speculate on Whitebeard as WSM of the past than Roger. Since Roger was never mentioned as WSM, at least we can speculate Whitebeard was WSM in his prime, but can we do the same of Roger in an equal manner? Possibly, but Buggy refers as WB as the WSM in his old age when that's untrue. He fundamentally inadventently refers to WSM Primebeard compared to the current age folks.

We don't even know if Roger is stronger than Mihawk for sure, it seems that Whitebeard could have been stronger than Mihawk instead by what I just said in this long post, but then again it is still possible that Buggy was wrong once again, cause he is unaware of Mihawk's potence.

Ed

Eh, idk about that. Franky 1 shot a Number. Gifters are a joke. Zoro took out multiple Onibawanshu offscreen.

These are the same people that took out CP-9 members of various strength together, I dont see why its an issue for lesser strawhats to take on the tobi roppo while the stronger fighters take on the calamities.

They all need to grow, and fighting Numbers, Gifters and Onibawanshu is not a measure of good progress at all.
Well yeah, If was only that would be not that much, even thought these enemies are a big problem to the samurais and are getting in the way of our great fighters, i think these 5 besides that Will play a great role against BM with other fighters.

But we shall see.

K

Kaido D. Stronger

Then again Buggy's statement holds flaws in the first place.

Whitebeard wasn't a legit WSM whilst he was old and sick but Buggy states he was.

There are 2 explanations:

1. Buggy is a fool
2. Buggy thought Whitebeard was still as powerful as in the past, when Whitebeard was actually way more potent than in the current age when he was old and sick

The second hypothesis is objectively the most legitimate cause he knew how strong the two were, take that on top of the fact WB and Roger were said to clash equally by the very Buggy as well.

There are overall more elements that can allow us to speculate on Whitebeard as WSM of the past than Roger. Since Roger was never mentioned as WSM, at least we can speculate Whitebeard was WSM in his prime, but can we do the same of Roger in an equal manner? Possibly, but Buggy refers as WB as the WSM of the old age when that's untrue. He fundamentally inadventently refers to WSM Primebeard compared to the current age folks.

We don't even know if Roger is stronger than Mihawk for sure, it seems that Whitebeard could have been stronger than Mihawk instead by what I just said in this long post, but then again it is still possible that Buggy was wrong once again, cause he is unaware of Mihawk's potence.
Still crying? Mihawk is weaker than kaido.

You'd like it more for Franky's biggest fight post time skip to be a loss so that a side character can get a win.

Does Franky do anything else after this Sasaki fight in the arc then?

Surely you don't expect any of the straw hats to end the anything with their biggest accomplishments being losses
Yes, for me Frank, Nami, Usopp, Chopper and Brook Will finish Oniwabanshu, Numbers and gifters and then Join the fight against BM and play a really big role.

So Zoro lands the finishing blow against Apoo, and people are acting like it wasn't 2 Supernova + waves of fodder vs Apoo for the last couple chapters. Apoo did his thing, but it was inevitable he was going to lose in the end. Give the man the respect he deserves.

Zoro unlocking CoC by the arcs end is pretty much a guarantee at this point, and him taking down Apoo should be the start of greater things to come later on in this arc. (On a side note, Mr. Morj's video about this being a CoC centric arc just gained massive credibility.)

I'm interested to see how Oda is going to utilize Marco. Is he going to stop Queen, so Zoro can keep going, or is he going to help Chopper replicate an antidote. Hoping it's the former, cause Chopper needs to do this on on his own, but I don't know if he'll be able to manage since he's already turning into an Ice Oni himself.

The Black Maria bit seems pretty interesting to me. I'm wondering if her singing has some kind of illusionary effects, which would be pretty cool to see, as we haven't had something like that in the series yet. Mirage Tempo was the closest thing we've gotten, and that was way back during Enies Lobby. Perhaps it could lead to a non traditional fight between Black Maria and Nami, as the setup seems to be the same as the one vs Kalifa, and Black Maria being a non physical combatant with some kind of Hax that Nami needs to overcome is much better suited for her current power level.

One thing is certain now, is that Oda wasn't stalling so Luffy could reach Kaido by chapter 1000. He was prepping for Kaido to bring Onigashima to the Flower Capital. Once Kaido does that, everything is going to be turned upside down, because everyone is probably going to be split up during the process.

This chapter is already shaping up to be amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.