Questions & Mysteries What makes Shanks > Mihawk?

Shisui

Never Feed The Badders Pasta
during mf yes as it was wbs showing. It wasn’t mihawks place to go all out like wb did. mihawks time will come. But you can’t deny he he had similar hype too. But yes mihawk>roger makes sense care to say why its not or you’re just letting the shanks fan in you deny it?
You basically just said Mihawk the WSS > Roger who was as strong as Primebeard who was known as the WSM...How does that make sense?
Post automatically merged:

You know exactly why it makes Mihawk look like a clown. Other top tiers performed way better against Yonko Commanders.
Big Mom says hi

Eiichiro Oda doesnt have to tell you anything because he was as clear as it gets about who the nr1 swordsman in the world is.
It is you who is creating additional requirements to save Shanks but it is futile...

Mihawk lost a race in which he didnt even participate in? lol... You keep making stuff up... At no point did Mihawk want to create an organization and rule over the lands, he even picked an abandoned island as his home... The guy is bored, he already won the game.

Headcanon after headcanon... Shanks has 0 allies, he didnt bring anyone to Marineford.
Mihawk didnt see anything on Shanks, he saw it on Luffy.
He didnt stop attacking Luffy, Vista kept him busy.
No, Mihawk doesnt have galaxy level of respect lol, stop making stuff up.
You are just making Shanks look worse because you cant admit that he is inferior to Mihawk.
lol ... as I said long time ago if Oda wanted to honer WSS title he had Roger to play ...

a man who dare overwrite story and call Roger WSS while Eiichiro Oda didn't shouldn't really DARE to talk about headcanon

+

I'm not saying Mihawk lost a "race"
I'm saying in real life ... he is no match to Shanks ...
he can never create a danger to Shanks , have a bigger name than him or be more important than him in any real way

and Oda made THIS man above Shanks in personal power ? :milaugh:

+

lol ....
warlords respect Shanks and some are friend with him
Gorosei respect Shanks
Marine elite like Sengoku respect Shanks
Worst Gen respect Shanks and some are friend with him
ex-Yonko crew respect Shanks and some are friend with him
legends of past respect Shanks and some are friend with him

bar RA ... Shanks have good relationships with almost all of groups in one piece world
and this is a power Mihawk was referring to ...

and sure .... no respect among the two exist .... what a sad joke

thanks for reminding me why you are on my ignore list

cause you are not able to even be a bit fair or even read manga like others

you just care about wanking Zoro .... poor poor Mihawk ... he don't even have fans ....
he just have vultures who want transfer his hype to Zoro :cheers:

he really doesn’t. Rogers power came from the people who helped him to become Pk he’s not necessarily famed for his strength like wb and Mihawk are. roger wasn’t even above wb when he was alive so it’s not even worth claiming he’s top 1. roger and I quote said there will be people who will surpass us. mihawk,dragon all are heck shanks was at one point before he lost his potential. About wb he’s dead. Living people can surpass him . No need to limit mihawk and all these other characters below wb.

get yourself a fucking education so you don't embrace yourself like this ever again
but I doubt you can do either of them

Roger ~ Prime Beard > any one who ever lived in this era
is a fucking fact at this point

your dick can't agree with it? beat it until it can​

You basically just said Mihawk the WSS > Roger who was as strong as Primebeard who was known as the WSM...How does that make sense?
make sense? don't ask him hard questions ... all Mihawk boy are NOTHING but sad deniers

first Shanks now Roger himself

they have no shame

Last edited:

yj

👑YNWA 👑
It makes sense when you understand shonen troupes. Mihawks hype and power is currently being built up through various bulks through out the story. fair to say he’s already got more than both of them combined.

get yourself a fucking education so you don't embrace yourself like this ever again
but I doubt you can do either of them

Roger ~ Prime Beard > any one who ever lived in this era
is a fucking fact at this point

your dick can't agree with it? beat it until it can
who hurt you. Go Outside you stink

:gokulaugh:

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
pirate with massive haki who just happens to use a sword as a primary weapon
You just described Mihawk with that line... What's the difference?

as I said long time ago if Oda wanted to honer WSS title he had Roger to play ...
And as I said long ago, there is no need for Oda to list 50 characters who have been WSS in last couple of hundred of years. He honored Roger by giving him the PK title and kept WSS unique for Mihawk and Zoro.

a man who dare overwrite story and call Roger WSS while Eiichiro Oda didn't shouldn't really DARE to talk about headcanon
A man who has a brain and knows how to use it says that there was no superior swordsman to Roger in his era.

I'm not saying Mihawk lost a "race"
I'm saying in real life ... he is no match to Shanks ...
he can never create a danger to Shanks , have a bigger name than him or be more important than him in any real way

and Oda made THIS man above Shanks in personal power ? :milaugh:
He and Mihawk already fought in 1vs1 so yes, he can create a danger to Shanks because the crew and allies dont help in 1vs1.
Doesnt need to have a bigger name than him when he has strength title over him.
Having to fight one of the MCs vs not fighting against one of the MCs... Sounds like Mihawk is more important in a real way.
Yes, Oda literally made that man above Shanks in personal power. Literally did it in front of your eyes.

lol ....
warlords respect Shanks and some are friend with him
Gorosei respect Shanks
Marine elite like Sengoku respect Shanks
Worst Gen respect Shanks and some are friend with him
ex-Yonko crew respect Shanks and some are friend with him
legends of past respect Shanks and some are friend with him

bar RA ... Shanks have good relationships with almost all of groups in one piece world
and this is a power Mihawk was referring to ...
and sure .... no respect among the two exist .... what a sad joke
Yes, Shanks is a respectable pirate. You still failed to provide galaxy level of respect coming from Mihawk.
No, Mihawk referred to Luffy's power. Also, Mihawk said this:
Sorry RedHair but this power knows no restraint, it is going to fuck your golden boy up, unless the fate saves him.
He wanted to kill the boy on who Shanks puts his hopes on, very respectable indeed.

thanks for reminding me why you are on my ignore list
cause you are not able to even be a bit fair or even read manga like others
you just care about wanking Zoro .... poor poor Mihawk ... he don't even have fans ....
he just have vultures who want transfer his hype to Zoro :cheers:
I have never been on your ignore list, you love me too much because you know I am one of the few who let's you know the difference between reality and fantasy. I am as fair as it gets in OP community. You only care about saving Shanks' face...

Finalbeta

Zoro Worshipper
interesting .... you are willing to agree with this
but
and why this can't be the same case with Shanks?

Shanks have close and yet weaker swordsmanship and CoA to Mihawk but be above Mihawk cause of CoC superiority?

you think Shanks have weak CoC?
Shanks' CoC might be weaker than Roger's.

Mihawk the strongest CoA user out of the three.

We have no clue around Mihawk's level of CoC but his CoA is probably what rendered him legendary.

It makes sense when you understand shonen troupes. Mihawks hype and power is currently being built up through various bulks through out the story. fair to say he’s already got more than both of them combined.
Its really not....Roger/Whitebeard/Kaido/Big Mom have been featured way more in the story so far and gave been constantly referred to regarding their feats, way more than Mihawk ever has so far. And that's fine. These are mostly comparators to Luffy, not Zoro.

In fact, while I dont think it means anything, Marineford actually put Mihawk down because he:

- Questioned how much stronger Whitebeard was compared to him and the others.

- Then his attack was blocked by Joz, essentially Oda's way of saying "he's beyond your reach"

- Tussled with Vista and didn't defeat him (who didn't have Black blades btw; they probably are friends)

- Was constantly compared and referred to as "equals" to the other Shichubukai in presentation (this is Oda's fault due to extremely varied power scaling of the Shichibukai)

- Refused to fight Shanks when he arrived (likely because he probably does consider him an ally/friend, yes)

I understand that Mihawk probably wasn't even trying, considering his casual slice of the frozen tidal wave, but this entirely goes against your point about Mihawk being "hyped" or portrayed to be more impressive than the other top pirates in the game.

The 4 Yonko and Roger/Rayleigh have been hyped beyond belief in this manga, Mihawk not so much in comparison, primarily because he lacks the screentime most of them have had

You just described Mihawk with that line... What's the difference?
There is a difference. Does Big Mom always use Napoleon? Does Whitebeard always use his Bisento? No right?

Haki mastery over your primary weapon IS the fundamental difference. I dont expect Mihawk to be able to punch mountains with his monstrous haki. I expect him to slice it and then some.

This is why I say Shanks and Mihawk are incomparible as of now. It comes down to whether or not you believe Shanks fights with more than just his sword, and I personally do. We will never see eye to eye on this unless you accept that as a possibility

Last edited:
so i personally think shanks is strongee than mihawk

but im not sure why.
Mihawk is the wss so he has better Swordsmanship

so is it simply shanks conquerors haki, both conquerors and observation haki or does shanks have a special fighting style that makes him stronger?
Reasons for Shanks > Mihawk:

1. Shanks is the Red God

2. Shanks is consistently portrayed as the Guardian Deity of Laugh Tale

3. Highly, highly advanced CoC

4. Shanks is going to be the central antagonist for Elbaf arc

Shisui

Never Feed The Badders Pasta
What Mihawk hype and power????....There is nothing in the manga that suggest Mihawk's hype or strength is greater than that of Roger or WB.

Listen, if you very plainly believe the following, you would entirely belive Shanks isn't "just" a swordsman.

- Mihawk is Zoro's last battle (after King/Fuji/Monk Gorosei/Shiryu/whatever)

- Mihawk, after losing his Shichibukai title, has no more autonomy in the world. With the Final War likely starting, he will probably ally with someone, not randomly float around the world for all eternity. Narration would dictate he gets put somewhere in the story with some group. He's not just going to randomly show up at the EoS and say to Zoro "fight me". A good story will have him be set up for it in the final conflict. I feel like everybody should understand this.

- Consequently, Mihawks only known relationship with another pirate is Shanks, a pirate who outside of himself, does not seem to have an actual sword user in his crew.

- If Zoro's last fight is against Mihawk, a pirate who may be allied or closely associated with Shanks post-Wano, then is it remotely hard to believe that Shanks would then also be Luffy's final fight (assuming Shanks has ulterior motives in the series of course and he not as "good" as one thinks)?

- Which means if Luffy fights Shanks, he likely will NOT be confined to just using Gryphon.

Just some logic applied to something like this if you understand the characters and Luffys full on intent to physically fight Shanks (no Davy back fight BS) and Shanks having a huge aura of mystery around him.

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
Listen, if you very plainly believe the following, you would entirely belive Shanks isn't "just" a swordsman.

- Mihawk is Zoro's last battle (after King/Fuji/Monk Gorosei/Shiryu/whatever)

- Mihawk, after losing his Shichibukai title, has no more autonomy in the world. With the Final War likely starting, he will probably ally with someone, not randomly float around the world for all eternity. Narration would dictate he gets put somewhere in the story with some group. He's not just going to randomly show up at the EoS and say to Zoro "fight me". A good story will have him be set up for it in the final conflict. I feel like everybody should understand this.

- Consequently, Mihawks only known relationship with another pirate is Shanks, a pirate who outside of himself, does not seem to have an actual sword user in his crew.

- If Zoro's last fight is against Mihawk, a pirate who may be allied or closely associated with Shanks post-Wano, then is it remotely hard to believe that Shanks would then also be Luffy's final fight (assuming Shanks has ulterior motives in the series of course and he not as "good" as one thinks)?

- Which means if Luffy fights Shanks, he likely will NOT be confined to just using Gryphon.

Just some logic applied to something like this if you understand the characters and Luffys full on intent to physically fight Shanks (no Davy back fight BS) and Shanks having a huge aura of mystery around him.
Theres no such thing as a swordsman more than a swordsman. You either are or you arent. Shanks is. Thus below mihawk.

Finalbeta

Zoro Worshipper
What Mihawk hype and power????....There is nothing in the manga that suggest Mihawk's hype or strength is greater than that of Roger or WB.
Being capable to turn his sword permanently black whereas the other two failed for all we can say.

This suggests greater CoA haki.

We have no news about the other stats.

Regardless of that, Whitebeard was WSM before Mihawk came into dominance and no more WSM while Mihawk was WSS. So we don't know how Mihawk compares in the old era, since he wasn't a thing yet.

Theres no such thing as a swordsman more than a swordsman. You either are or you arent. Shanks is. Thus below mihawk.
That's backwards logic man. We've had this discussion before, its not black and white.

Combat ability does not equal swordsmanship. The finesse isn't there. Shanks can be a worse "swordsman" but the stronger pirate. And even so, Im not saying Shanks is stronger, but you can take obvious examples like Whitebeard and Big Mom, who completely use other forms of combat even though they are "swordsmen".

stopped right there
this is peak retardation
Then clearly you are too blind to see the logic then. I guess Whitebeard and Big Mom are swordsmen exclusively and are clearly inferior to Mihawk due to your blind fanboyism.

Can't save them all:kayneshrug:

Finalbeta

Zoro Worshipper
That's backwards logic man. We've had this discussion before, its not black and white.

Combat ability does not equal swordsmanship. The finesse isn't there. Shanks can be a worse "swordsman" but the stronger pirate. And even so, Im not saying Shanks is stronger, but you can take obvious examples like Whitebeard and Big Mom, who completely use other forms of combat even though they are "swordsmen".
When an author talks of someone labeling him as "swordsman" he intends the whole individual and not just one style.

Never heard of a single fiction in which the strongest swordsman isn't also the strongest individual amongst all swordsmen independently from the other stats and quirks.

It is just that natural basically, and a point many Mihawk deniers reject.

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman

No there isnt.
We have fuji and law both rely more on their fruit than their swords yet the mangaka himself names them both as swordsmen.
It doesnt matter what else you have. Youre either a swordsman or youre not.

reasons like

1- Shanks clearly have better hype ... can't be denied

2- Shanks clearly have better feat ... can't be denied

3- Shanks have have more importance to the story therefore more need for power .... can't be denied

4- Yonko been called Greatest and Strongest Pirates therefore no Pirates can be above them ....

5- the fact that lack of a title like "WSS" or having a "black blade" are not really something important that make Shanks necessary weaker than Mihawk ... and Roger is a WALKING proof of that

Roger was all swordsman (and men) of his time and last 800 years without having any title

6- the fact that Shanks himself don't accept Mihawk as his superior
and we know Shanks is a humble guy ... he was willing to say WB is at the top of piracy world

if you are willing to fight a man in front of your whole crew
it means you are sure enough you won't lose

7- Mihawk himself knew the way of PK is harder than beating him
and we all know it ... the way to PK ... is YONKO

the only REAL argument Mihawk have for being above Shanks is his title

but you can't ask us to trust a meaning that is unclear as fuck

- how he got it?
- how his title should put him above Shanks when Shanks himself disagree?!
- we know Roger wasn't WSS but he was strongest of all

and not to mention

- Mihawk don't have EVEN NEARLY GOOD ENOUGH feat to back his claim up for being above A YONKO

so

while I do acknowledge Mihawk fandom HAVE a claim ...
I don't think WSS means anything more than "better swordsman" ...
it should be a fact that he don't have enough feat to back his claim up

as I said before ....

Zoro > Sanji is a dead argument ....
Yonko > Admirals died in last few chapters and war is over ....

Shanks Vs Mihawk ... is one piece fandom last greatest war
I know Shanks most likely keep winning this war like now
but I respect the other side claim

but short answer is

Mihawk > Shanks (with no CoC)
Shanks (with CoC) > Mihawk

people who deny the upcoming power of CoC are playing with a lion made out of fire
and will suffer a bad humiliations
You said a whole lot of nonesense. CoC is apart of swordsmanship. If Oden beats Mihawk, Oden would be WSS. Just cause he had CoC doesn't mean he wouldn't.

S

SinOfGreed

Lol there's not some secret code to being a swordsman. This pure swordsman/true swordsman/hakiman bs is just damage control bc people can't accept the idea of whatever character being inferior to WSS, Mihawk.

Shanks is a swordsman:

• he was shown to use a sword during his day's as an apprentice on Roger's ship.

• the only combat altercations we have seen him on panel have been against top tiers (Whitebeard and Akainu) and he was using a sword in both.

• he rivalled Mihawk (the current WSS)

• his sword is named (Gryphon)

He's a swordsman, and almost definitely the second strongest swordsman in the series rn. Being inferior to the World's Strongest is nothing to be ashamed of.

When an author talks of someone labeling him as "swordsman" he intends the whole individual and not just one style.

Never heard of a single fiction in which the strongest swordsman isn't also the strongest individual amongst all swordsmen independently from the other stats and quirks.

It is just that natural basically, and a point many Mihawk deniers reject.
Overall combat ability does not equal swordsmanship bruh, plain and simple. Mihawk being the strongest swordsman does not make him the strongest pirate, but by your logic, he's above Roger, who fights EXACTLY like Shanks mind you.

Not once has the manga ever made mention of Roger, Rayleigh or Shanks being compared to the World's Strongest Swordsman. There are 2 entirely different classes of comparisons going in right now and frankly it doesn't make sense to compare apple to an orange in this case. Its just pure, blind fanboy logic to insinuate Shanks tried to become the WSS when we know NOTHING about him. Having a rivalry and duels with Mihawk implies nothing about that. Mihawk is still the strongest swordsman, Shanks is still a Yonko.

Its like fucking comparing Luffy's pirate king status to Zoro's WSS status. They are 2 completely different goals

Lol there's not some secret code to being a swordsman. This pure swordsman/true swordsman/hakiman bs is just damage control bc people can't accept the idea of whatever character being inferior to WSS, Mihawk.

Shanks is a swordsman:

• he was shown to use a sword during his day's as an apprentice on Roger's ship.

• the only combat altercations we have seen him on panel have been against top tiers (Whitebeard and Akainu) and he was using a sword in both.

• he rivalled Mihawk (the current WSS)

• his sword is named (Gryphon)

He's a swordsman, and almost definitely the second strongest swordsman in the series rn. Being inferior to the World's Strongest is nothing to be ashamed of.
Alright so Mihawk is above Roger then and thus above Whitebeard sorry i didn't see the logic before!

:seriously:

Finalbeta

Zoro Worshipper
Overall combat ability does not equal swordsmanship bruh, plain and simple. Mihawk being the strongest swordsman does not make him the strongest pirate, but by your logic, he's above Roger, who fights EXACTLY like Shanks mind you. Bl

Not once has the manga ever made mention of Roger, Rayleigh or Shanks being compared to the World's Strongest Swordsman. There are 2 entirely different classes of comparisons going in right now and frankly it doesn't make sense to compare apple to an orange in this case. Its just pure, blind fanboy logic to insinuate Shanks tried to become the WSS when we know NOTHING about him. Having a rivalry and duels with Mihawk implies nothing about that. Mihawk is still the strongest swordsman, Shanks is still a Yonko.

Its like fucking comparing Luffy's pirate king status to Zoro's WSS status. They are 2 completely different goals
You are completely ignoring the notion that if you look around you will allegedly never find a single fiction in which swordsman is not referred as a whole individual. You shall never find a distinction when it comes to power levels because when authors refer to swordsmen they refer to the whole thing, the whole men.

If an author states that one is the strongest swordsman he also is stronger than any other swordsmen, as simple as that.

Just because this is how the world of anime and not only always worked.

Your distinction implies that Oda is calling Mihawk the strongest at swordsmanship but not the strongest man who is also a swordsman, yet this never happened in fiction.