Questions & Mysteries What makes Shanks > Mihawk?

Somewhere in the future advanced CoC will become a thing. And besides Luffy, Shanks is very likely to have it with his CoC based feats and portrayal.
CoC in general is still the most hyped and rarest power an individual can potentially possess.
Just because we don't know what it precisely will do on an advanced stage, it doesn't change the fact that this concept will definitely become a thing in the (near) future.

And granted that Zoro has not even awakened (his) CoC yet, it's very unlikely that he will have it on advanced stage, when he will finally surpass Mihawk at EoS.
Therefore Mihawk most likely won't have it aswell.
So whatever it is, it's probably what Shanks will clearly have over Mihawk.

And I'd just go out on a limb and say that it's definitely not going to be a minuscule ability.
Even if it might not directly help him in a fight against Mihawk, it might have great potential against others, that's why I'm still open for that "being stronger overall"-option.
I bring up the same advCoC argument for Roger, when he gets compared to Gura using Primebeard.
There is definitely more than meets the eye with that.
4real thank you thats the kind of answer i was hoping for
Post automatically merged:

u are making fun of urself now with ur quotes :suresure:
if u dont like being quoted why u still answering on my post :whitepress:

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
Shanks fought equally with Whitebeard while
Mihawk fought equally with Vista.
Portrayal says Shanks > Mihawk
Portrayal is not necessarily =/= feats, in fact feats play just a minuscule part sometimes. This is what many don't comprehend or outright ignore. Portrayal is also the WSS title and Mihawk's very words concerning Shanks, as a support to the very title and not as an abstract element with no proof of course.

Even if Mihawk > Shanks, Mihawk as a lone fighter cannot compare to the military might of a Yonko. Shanks would already push Mihawk to an extreme diff. Add Ben and they wash Mihawk. Not counting the rest of Shanks' strong crew and allies (possibly even Elbaf).

Plus, warlords were abandoned because they are unreliable. They rarely appear in meetings, they use the Shichibukai title to do their shady business with the Marines being unable to lay a hand on them, and the marines have to basically suck them off so they agree to participate in something like the Marineford war and even there, they did what they desired to (like Hancock protecting Luffy). Blackbeard used the Shichibukai title to free the Impel Down prisoners and gain access to Whitebeard's fruit. Doflamingo used the title to rule over a kingdom and be the biggest underworld broker with a harem in his garden without the Marines being able to do shit. So in the end, they were abandoned under the pressure of Cobra and Riku in the reverie who pointed out, how the Shichibukai take over kingdoms and make them into pirate paradises.

And let's wait for the new "toys" of the WG. Who knows what it is. Maybe some ancient weapon derivatives or other highly destructive weapons. Which are as tough for new world people as the Pacifistas were for paradise people.

Well, I think Mihawk>Shanks, so I cannot answer the question properly.
We should bring in the expert on this matter
@Red Admiral
He will explain it to you
reasons like

1- Shanks clearly have better hype ... can't be denied

2- Shanks clearly have better feat ... can't be denied

3- Shanks have have more importance to the story therefore more need for power .... can't be denied

4- Yonko been called Greatest and Strongest Pirates therefore no Pirates can be above them ....

5- the fact that lack of a title like "WSS" or having a "black blade" are not really something important that make Shanks necessary weaker than Mihawk ... and Roger is a WALKING proof of that

Roger was all swordsman (and men) of his time and last 800 years without having any title

6- the fact that Shanks himself don't accept Mihawk as his superior
and we know Shanks is a humble guy ... he was willing to say WB is at the top of piracy world

if you are willing to fight a man in front of your whole crew
it means you are sure enough you won't lose

7- Mihawk himself knew the way of PK is harder than beating him
and we all know it ... the way to PK ... is YONKO

the only REAL argument Mihawk have for being above Shanks is his title

but you can't ask us to trust a meaning that is unclear as fuck

- how he got it?
- how his title should put him above Shanks when Shanks himself disagree?!
- we know Roger wasn't WSS but he was strongest of all

and not to mention

- Mihawk don't have EVEN NEARLY GOOD ENOUGH feat to back his claim up for being above A YONKO

so

while I do acknowledge Mihawk fandom HAVE a claim ...
I don't think WSS means anything more than "better swordsman" ...
it should be a fact that he don't have enough feat to back his claim up

as I said before ....

Zoro > Sanji is a dead argument ....
Yonko > Admirals died in last few chapters and war is over ....

Shanks Vs Mihawk ... is one piece fandom last greatest war
I know Shanks most likely keep winning this war like now
but I respect the other side claim

but short answer is

Mihawk > Shanks (with no CoC)
Shanks (with CoC) > Mihawk

people who deny the upcoming power of CoC are playing with a lion made out of fire
and will suffer a bad humiliations

Last edited:

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
Even if Mihawk > Shanks, Mihawk as a lone fighter cannot compare to the military might of a Yonko. Shanks would already push Mihawk to an extreme diff. Add Ben and they wash Mihawk. Not counting the rest of Shanks' strong crew and allies (possibly even Elbaf).

Plus, warlords were abandoned because they are unreliable. They rarely appear in meetings, they use the Shichibukai title to do their shady business with the Marines being unable to lay a hand on them, and the marines have to basically suck them off so they agree to participate in something like the Marineford war and even there, they did what they desired to (like Hancock protecting Luffy). Blackbeard used the Shichibukai title to free the Impel Down prisoners and gain access to Whitebeard's fruit. Doflamingo used the title to rule over a kingdom and be the biggest underworld broker with a harem in his garden without the Marines being able to do shit. So in the end, they were abandoned under the pressure of Cobra and Riku in the reverie who pointed out, how the Shichibukai take over kingdoms and make them into pirate paradises.

And let's wait for the new "toys" of the WG. Who knows what it is. Maybe some ancient weapon derivatives or other highly destructive weapons. Which are as tough for new world people as the Pacifistas were for paradise people.
Well said, that was the easy part.
The hard part is how to make those who think Shanks>Mihawk understand all of what you just wrote in that post? :josad:

Well said, that was the easy part.
The hard part is how to make those who think Shanks>Mihawk understand all of what you just wrote in that post? :josad:
we know that in real one piece world .... Mihawk can never ever hope to touch Shanks ...

he would die 10 times before even can meet Shanks .... and you know it's true ....

so there is not NEED for us to put Shanks above anyone .... Shanks win any war as of now unless he is fighting alone with Marine and call no ally

but if he do ... and call any ally he can get (Marco + Dark King + Mihawk himself) he can even beat Marine itself
so it's safe to assume Shanks is winner of any wars in one piece world .... 2nd only to Imu himself

cause he have the greatest power in high seas as Mihawk said himself

and Shanks just like Luffy after him and Roger before him have this power ....

so yes ... Shanks is strongest Pirate in terms of PIRACY as of now .... simply cause he can have the strongest army ....
and that's far more important win that any other 1 Vs 1 bullshit
Mihawk can't even compete with Shanks in this term and YOU KNOW IT

but it don't means we should GIVE AWAY 1 Vs 1 to Mihawk as well
when Mihawk gave us enough feat to back his claim up
I be the first to give the 1 Vs 1 crown to him

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
it might be .... but there is not much proof that his CoO is better than Shanks or Yassop (best sniper) for that matter
Shanks is another case.

I used to theorize that Shanks's CoO is so op that he can erase his presence so only top top tier CoO users could rival him in this aspect.

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
WB is the World's Strongest Man=all kinds of mind games to say Emperors are stronger

Mihawk is the World's Strongest Swordsman=all kinds of mind games to say other swordsman(one of them who happens to be an Emperor), are stronger.

Kaido the Yonko is rumored to be the strongest=all kinds of mind games to say he's stronger than than Roger and that his title is 100% real

Shanks is another case.

I used to theorize that Shank's CoO is so op that he can erase his presence so only top top tier CoO users could rival him in this aspect.
I mean it can be ...
I think CoO would justify lost of Shanks arm ... that he saw so far in future (small parts) that he gave his arm to make Luffy the fall of Imu
and
I think that's why Shanks always can see far in to plot and always act WAY ahead of others .... WB meeting , Gorosei meeting ... both could be result of that

but so as wisdom and knowledge ....

but it's intersting you think CoO is the strongest Haki for Shanks not his CoC :zorothink:

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
I mean it can be ...
I think CoO would justify lost of Shanks arm ... that he saw so far in future (small parts) that he gave his arm to make Luffy the fall of Imu
and
I think that's why Shanks always can see far in to plot and always act WAY ahead of others .... WB meeting , Gorosei meeting ... both could be result of that

but so as wisdom and knowledge ....

but it's intersting you think CoO is the strongest Haki for Shanks not his CoC :zorothink:
I think this whole thing with Shanks being the #1 FS user comes from the introduction of this aspect by Rayleigh.

I think after Rayleigh spill the beans on thi matter people connected the dots with Shanks stopping Kaido and even before with Shanks warning WB.

People would argue that Shanks just wanted to warn WB because he know how powerful Blackbeard is but I think this is 50% of the truth.

I think Shanks saw what would happen with Ace.

I think this whole thing with Shanks being the #1 FS user comes from the introduction of this aspect by Rayleigh.

I think after Rayleigh spill the beans on thi matter people connected the dots with Shanks stopping Kaido and even before with Shanks warning WB.

People would argue that Shanks just wanted to warn WB because he know how powerful Blackbeard is but I think this is 50% of the truth.

I think Shanks saw what would happen with Ace.
maybe ... that's fun power to have tbh ....
but it can overlap with things like ... he and Ben are maybe smartest pirates with massive amount of inside information about other people personality
in ace novel ... Ben read Ace personality like a book

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
maybe ... that's fun power to have tbh ....
but it can overlap with things like ... he and Ben are maybe smartest pirates with massive amount of inside information about other people personality
in ace novel ... Ben read Ace personality like a book
The only problem with Shanks's FS is why he didn't stop Ace himself?

I thought I found an answer but we are not in fucking HxH using Nen.

I thought of the possibility of punishment for looking too far into the future.

Like Shanks lost his arm not because he bet or shit. It was punishment for looking too far into the future.

But debunk to this could possibly be Katakuri's words at the end of the fight.

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
Shanks win any war as of now
Not even close. His army is the smallest among all the Emperors.
cause he have the greatest power in high seas as Mihawk said himself
Why are you attaching Luffy's power to Shanks?
Shanks is strongest Pirate in terms of PIRACY as of now
In terms of piracy, the alliance of Kaido and LinLin is by far the greatest, Garp himself said it.
and that's far more important win that any other 1 Vs 1 bullshit
All nice and good, even if it was true but when it comes being the strongest swordsman in the world, achievements as a pirate dont help you at all in beating Mihawk in 1vs1. WSS is not determined by gathering allies and winning wars...
Mihawk can't even compete with Shanks in this term and YOU KNOW IT
Yes, I know and it's irrelevant to the WSS topic.
but it don't means we should GIVE AWAY 1 Vs 1 to Mihawk as well
when Mihawk gave us enough feat to back his claim up
I be the first to give the 1 Vs 1 crown to him
We dont have to give away anything to Mihawk, Eiichiro Oda did it himself. Do you think author thinks whether you will give it to Mihawk?