Character Discussion Does Zoro's progress make sense?

Can you even read ?
We already know the technique to hurt kaido
Its ryou
Its what the scabbards used
Its what oden used
The difference is oden was stronger
Which will be the same for zoro when he rips kaido open
There's levels of strength to the Ryou itself. It's a Haki technique, better mastery and superior CoA will lead to better results.

Also for Zoro's feat, it will be interesting to see if he manages to give Kaido a new scar, or he opens up the scar made by Oden.

Because Kaido belittles the Scabbards saying "you could not even open up my only scar". Implying that it would be easier to open up that scar than to create a new one.

Finalbeta

Zoro Worshipper
Lion's Song is a skill made to cut what he can not just with raw power though.

That's likely going to be the secret, combining some form of advanced CoA with Lion Song for a technique that allows him to cut Kaido.

I'm surprised Zoro fans don't know that even pre ts there was a difference between a technique Zoro uses for something that's difficult to cut through, and a technique Zoro uses to deliver most power output.

Same with Zoro vs Scabbards. The difference will be made by his skill with the blade and Haki mastery, not simply "MORE POWAH"
Zoro never relied on trickeries, that is Law at best. He has no hax, he is a pure fighter. Even Asura is technically a power mode that legit augments his power level.

He is a plain fighter and his techniques revolve on brute force, not skill.

Zoro never relied on trickeries, that is Law at best. He has no hax, he is a pure fighter. Even Asura is technically a power mode that legit augments his power level.

He is a plain fighter and his techniques revolve on brute force, not skill.
You should do some research on what Lion Song is. It's a skill that allows one to choose to cut or not cut it's target. Like he can aim his blade and move through a piece of paper without cutting it, but cut steel with that same blade and motion.

Finalbeta

Zoro Worshipper
You should do some research in what Lion Song is. It's a skill that allows one to choose to cut or not cut it's target. Like he can aim his blade and move through a piece of paper without cutting it, but cut steel with that same blade and motion.
He can't cut someone if this someone has a better haki than Zoro, Shishi Sonson or not, like any other Zoro move. Shishi Sonson is not a finess technique, it's still based off brute force for all we can say.

He can't cut someone if this someone has a better haki than Zoro, Shishi Sonson or not, like any other Zoro move. Shishi Sonson is not a finess technique, it's still based off brute force for all we can say.
It's definitely not based on brute force. He has different three sword techniques that are based on that and deliver way more power output, while being unable to cut something that he can cut with Lions Song.

Finalbeta

Zoro Worshipper
It's definitely not based on brute force. He has different three sword techniques that are based on that and deliver way more power output, while being unable to cut something that he can cut with Lions Song.
I can see that point of yours but I'm implying that Zoro gets no special benefit from it on a regular basis.

Just like with any other move, if the opponent has got a better CoA haki, Zoro's strike can't do anything.

I can see that point of yours but I'm implying that Zoro gets no special benefit from it on a regular basis.

Just like with any other move, if the opponent has got a better CoA haki, Zoro's strike can't do anything.
It's unclear exactly how CoA interacts with it, but it remains Zoro's best choice when attempting to cut something that he otherwise could not.

That's why i expect him to incorporate something from his Lion Song when he manages to cut Kaido, instead of just doing his attack with most power output.

It's going to be his skill with the blade and CoA mastery that is the difference maker.

You should do some research on what Lion Song is. It's a skill that allows one to choose to cut or not cut it's target. Like he can aim his blade and move through a piece of paper without cutting it, but cut steel with that same blade and motion.
This worked before Oda's cheap retconning of the breath fo things, so don't try to find any logic in this mess called haki.

Lions Song is a one sword move. If he could have simply used more power to get the job done, he could have done it with the three sword move he attempted to take Mihawk down.
Lmao he couldn't cut steel but after he learned that he used only one sword and he did cut steel with santoryu though without the need of Sonson using tatsumaki after that if what u said is true why did Zoro use a named attack ? He can just swung his sword and cut mr 1?