Speculations What do you think Yamato has?

What power does Yamato has

• She has a different type of Ancient Zoan

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • She has a different type of regular Zoan

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
2 possiblities =/= each possibility having 50% chance. Neither the artificial dragons in PH nor the dragon from ryumas oneshot had the ability to transform. I agree that its a cool idea and i would prefer kaido being a dragon myself, but a df being the reason for kaidos powers is more likely than something we dont even yet know exists in the world of one piece.

the adoption stuff was more of a joke than a legit suggestion
1) The artificial dragon wasn't a dragon, it's literally just a science experiment, it wouldn't have magical mystical zoan abilities, it's probably just a massively mutated lizard or something.

2) Ryuumas oneshot was literally an entire different series from countless years ago that oda made canon.

So neither seem really relevant, also if it is a thing, oda would want to save it for the reveal with kaidou anyway, not some sbs where he goes "okay I'm retconning this, dragons can turn into people", and then the kaidou twist would be worthless.

1) The artificial dragon wasn't a dragon, it's literally just a science experiment, it wouldn't have magical mystical zoan abilities, it's probably just a massively mutated lizard or something.
based on what wouldnt they have magical mystical zoan abilities? The artificially created devil fruit at least has the magical cloud ability. So i dont see any reason for an artificially created dragon to not have any mystical powers. BUT, there is another point to be raised: There could be different types of dragons with different characteristics.

edit: especially because the PH and oneshot dragons were not eastern dragons like kaido is.

2) Ryuumas oneshot was literally an entire different series from countless years ago that oda made canon.

So neither seem really relevant, also if it is a thing, oda would want to save it for the reveal with kaidou anyway, not some sbs where he goes "okay I'm retconning this, dragons can turn into people", and then the kaidou twist would be worthless.
If oda made it canon, why wouldnt it be relevant?

Sure, oda would want to save it for kaidos reveal. but that still means we currently dont know that option is a thing in the one piece world. And therefore, kaidos powers originating from a df ability is more likely.

based on what wouldnt they have magical mystical zoan abilities? The artificially created devil fruit at least has the magical cloud ability. So i dont see any reason for an artificially created dragon to not have any mystical powers. BUT, there is another point to be raised: There could be different types of dragons with different characteristics.

edit: especially because the PH and oneshot dragons were not eastern dragons like kaido is.

If oda made it canon, why wouldnt it be relevant?

Sure, oda would want to save it for kaidos reveal. but that still means we currently dont know that option is a thing in the one piece world. And therefore, kaidos powers originating from a df ability is more likely.
Wait, are we talking about momo or the punk hazard one?

The punk hazard dragons were western styled dragons that flew via the bird method of wings. They also only breathed fire.

Momo's devil fruit is probably directly inspired off of Kaidou, the dragon from punk hazard was probably just some lizards mutated.

Anyway there is another possibility: they could turn into humans, but were butchered while in dragon form, oof.

Anyway the point of ryuuma vs a dragon is that it would be made well before kaidou was even perceived as a concept, also I don't see any reason to believe that the dragon couldn't have turned into a human anyway, just because it didn't in the one shot. If oda ever does a backstory of it again and goes with the kaidou is a dragon thing, I could see oda bringing that up.

Monsters (Ryuuma's thing) was released in 1994, one piece was released in 1999. I think it's fair to assume that when he was making Monsters, he wasn't thinking "this series will fail, but my 1999 series will succeed, and when I get to chapter 1000, I'll reveal this about dragons", heck, if that one shot became a series, it might have even been brought up even, and we'd be reading Monsters rn instead of One Piece.

IT just feels outrageous to claim that just because the 1994 series that predated One Piece as a concept even, didn't include it, that it can't be so.

Wait, are we talking about momo or the punk hazard one?
I was only talking about the punk hazard dragons before that post but mentioned momo afterwards, so both.

The punk hazard dragons were western styled dragons that flew via the bird method of wings. They also only breathed fire.
i mentioned that

Momo's devil fruit is probably directly inspired off of Kaidou, the dragon from punk hazard was probably just some lizards mutated.
probably and baseless.

Anyway there is another possibility: they could turn into humans, but were butchered while in dragon form, oof.
If reaching is what you want to do, ok.

Anyway the point of ryuuma vs a dragon is that it would be made well before kaidou was even perceived as a concept, also I don't see any reason to believe that the dragon couldn't have turned into a human anyway, just because it didn't in the one shot. If oda ever does a backstory of it again and goes with the kaidou is a dragon thing, I could see oda bringing that up.
None of these dragons showed any sentience, them secretly being able to turn into humans is just unfoundend af.

Monsters (Ryuuma's thing) was released in 1994, one piece was released in 1999. I think it's fair to assume that when he was making Monsters, he wasn't thinking "this series will fail, but my 1999 series will succeed, and when I get to chapter 1000, I'll reveal this about dragons", heck, if that one shot became a series, it might have even been brought up even, and we'd be reading Monsters rn instead of One Piece.
Im not suggesting that oda thougoht that in the 90s. but interesting.

IT just feels outrageous to claim that just because the 1994 series that predated One Piece as a concept even, didn't include it, that it can't be so.
but that wasnt the only factor in my claim that it is less likely than something we already know is a thing, not "it cant be so". I guess you might be generally speaking here, then i would agree, that would be outrageous.

She is definitely no Dragon, after all this isn't a fantasy story with characters getting cursed and so she can't fly because of it. Unless she wanted to stay? Very very improbable scenario.
Well, she certainly wanted to leave Onigashima as the whole purpose for her to exit the skull was to get aboard a ship, so unless she can't fly because of a curse or some similar excuse out of blue, as you said, odds are she isn't a dragon.

I see people saying a white tiger mythical zoan, and i think that's a pretty good idea.

My personal prediction was that she was going to be a kirin or qilin mythical zoan. its a mix of a deer and a dragon. A qilin is just as famous as kaido's oriental asian dragon, being kaido's daughter it would fit Yamato really well.

Last edited:
I see people saying a white tiger mythical zoan, and i think that's a pretty good idea.

My personal prediction was that she was going to be a kirin or qilin mythical zoan. its a mix of a deer and a dragon. A qilin is just as famous as kaido's oriental asian dragon, being kaido's daughter it would fit Yamato really well.

The thing is, that would be sort of redundant considering Hawkin's Rode one basically earlier. Now unless Oda's being a troll and having hawkin's of all people riding what would be Yamato's DF based of off, Saying Hawkin's rode Yamato.... I just don't see it.
The creature is close enough I'd say for some representation.

The thing is, that would be sort of redundant considering Hawkin's Rode one basically earlier. Now unless Oda's being a troll and having hawkin's of all people riding what would be Yamato's DF based of off, Saying Hawkin's rode Yamato.... I just don't see it.
The creature is close enough I'd say for some representation.
'Hawkins rode Yamato', bruh don't do my girl dirty like that, Yamato isn't that desperate. :pepecry:

But going back on topic, I guess it can't be helped. A white tiger will have to do. In a way, a tiger in eastern mythology are also considered 'king of the beasts', so I guess it makes sense.

:moonwalk:

Along with Kaido's dragon, a white tiger is also one of the 4 symbols in the ancient Chinese constellation, so i guess its pretty fitting.
White Tiger (mythology) - Wikipedia

We also have Marco the phoenix, all that's missing is the black tortoise. :optimistic:

'Hawkins rode Yamato', bruh don't do my girl dirty like that, Yamato isn't that desperate. :pepecry:

But going back on topic, I guess it can't be helped. A white tiger will have to do. In a way, a tiger in eastern mythology are also considered 'king of the beasts', so I guess it makes sense.

:moonwalk:

Along with Kaido's dragon, a white tiger is also one of the 4 symbols in the ancient Chinese constellation, so i guess its pretty fitting.
White Tiger (mythology) - Wikipedia

We also have Marco the phoenix, all that's missing is the black tortoise. :optimistic:
Bro, Yamato's my girl. I've been calling it for a long time now, Mythical White Tiger.