Status
Not open for further replies.
Tbh no because Kid is his generation, plus Luffy defeated Katakuri, so not technically the same. If Kid defeats BM, it sort of paints this idea that for now, they are equal.
at every avenue, Kid was shown to be defeated. Katakuri never lost to Luffy. I still believe that Katakuri will return much much stronger. Waiting for rocks flashback to confirm a few things.

But Luffy/Kat ~ Roger/WB has never been that painfully obvious

Sanji is miles away from King in strength. Sanji vs Queen barely makes sense. Its not that he's weak (which he is), the calamities are just too strong
This is One Piece where characters grow in the middle of fights. There's no being too weak unless Oda wants the character to lose. Luffy is set to compete with Kaido despite being one shot like a month before and only learning ryou.

I have a theory (saw it on a japanese site years ago) that Luffy wants to buy the world with the One Piece and makes it "the land of the pirates" aka "land of the free" (pirate = freedom in luffy mind). A land where there won' be world governement, marines, kings. A land where he and his friends could have endless adventures and parties.
I know it's a crazy and it doesn't have much basis, but there could be a a very early foreshadowing, in chapter 222 Gaimon tells Luffy to buy the world and instead of saying he's not interested ( Luffy is honest) his answer was saying that he'll do it.

Viz translation is a bit strange, so here the japanese

Gaimon
>ワンピースはお前が見つけて世界を買っちまえ
>Once you'll find the One Piece, buy the world!
Luffy
>"ああ! そうする"
>Yeah! I'll do so!
That honestly sounds amazing lmao I dig it.

Buying the world entirely sounds like it would be his idea. One Piece being a treasure that he provides wealth for everyone would be a pretty awesome gesture.

Hey, the Kaido fish theory was guessed right by multiple people, I won't rule this one out haha

Akai2

🆉🅾🆁🅾 🆃🅾🅾 🆂🆃🆁🅾🅽🅺!
Anyway Novas vs Kaido and Big Mom is cool. Been waiting for it for a while. Happy Law made it up there with both Captains and their right hand men. He broke the gear that started it all, he should be there to witness the fall of Kaido.

Marco is a beast, and Yamato is starting to turn the corner as a character. Interactions with Ace were wholesome.

I'll hold off on ranting on the scabbards' until the chapter is out to get full context.

Peace my lovelies ✌️ ✌️ ✌️

at every avenue, Kid was shown to be defeated. Katakuri never lost to Luffy. I still believe that Katakuri will return much much stronger. Waiting for rocks flashback to confirm a few things.

But Luffy/Kat ~ Roger/WB has never been that painfully obvious
True but Kid lost to Yonko only. He injured or defeated a Big Mom sweet commander and stole something from her (I think Cracker and a RP copy). He says this chapter 928. Same chapter he explains that Shanks took his arm. He only really lost to Kaido besides this.

The only other time he was shown to be "struggling" was against a pacifista, but everyone had issues with them at the time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.