Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who knows? Maybe her super high jumping skills and agility will play a role in keeping Onigashima from crashing into the Flower Capital. She did pull recon duties on both Zou and the Sunny.
Yeah, but she just use suslong transformation already after her fight with perospero she will drain and not be exhaust so she might not be able do much anything at that point. Is Either momo or Yamato might be able do something about that situation regarding onigawhma from landing to flower Capital.

Last edited:
J

Jo_Ndule

Best lookout stayed in Dressrosa, Usopp has shown better eyesight than Carrot, which should ne the first prerequisite, not jumping high.
Ussop can only do that if he focuses on one place by using his gadgets

Carrot has better eyesight
She can detect and see more range when she jumps higher in the sky.
Her vision is better than Ussop (who also just unlocked coo))

:choppawhat:ussop should fill
Franky also could fill the helmsman position yet jinbei joined and took that spot
Yeah just like how Usopp should fill shipwright role and Franky the helmsman role
Just because Nami, Usopp, Chopper or Sanji were steering or fixing the ship doesn't mean there isn't more for being a helmsman or a shipwright.

You're kidding yourselves if you think being a lookout is as simple as being a helmsman or a shipwright. They can extend to a new depth with special skills that Oda has emphasized on and showed strawhats were lacking before Jinbe and Franky joined. Nami commented on Jinbe's skill to surf the wave in the Green Room as if it's his own body that allows him to:

Franky would have failed to guide Sunny out the wave before Meme's Homie crushes them. Franky's engineering skills are also incomparable with Usopp's. He is the one who fully designed the Sunny, added the Coup De Vent, can easily construct bridges, stairs (Franky skywalk), different cannons/weapons within the ship etc... He even helped Usopp to upgrade Nami's weapon, showing his skill even extends to gadgets and external weapons.

Usopp and Franky complement each other. Usopp is the better marksman, Franky is the better carpenter, yet both possess a good knowledge on each other's profession to temporarily fill each other's place.

But anyone with a good fucking eyesight can fill a lookout role.
Post automatically merged:

Scouting can be part of the marksman's job:

Last edited:
People are still in denial about lookout? What is this,2016? :whitepress:
First of all how does this work now? Straw Hats take turns on the lookout role,every shift has a person watching the front and one person watching the back. It's rare that they have good sleep.
What can we take from this? Well,for one that Haki isn't a lookout killer. Other thing is that a specialized lookout should be able to stay up at irregular times.
Carrot's job in Zou is literally to be up at both periods of when Inu or Neko are up.
For now she's still great at what she does,for example in Zou she quickly located Luffy,while Usopp couldn't do anything of the sorts.
People were trashing on helmsman pre-WCI as well,saying stuff like "why do we need a helmsman when we got up Knock-Up stream or traversed the Sea-Snake currents",that's what we see now :milaugh: We even got to Wano without the almighty helmsman :noo:
I'll conclude with this: Do we NEED Helmsman or Lookout? No,we got through so much without them. But are they an upgrade? Of course.

Ussop can only do that if he focuses on one place by using his gadgets

Carrot has better eyesight
She can detect and see more range when she jumps higher in the sky.
Her vision is better than Ussop (who also just unlocked coo))
Yep its not like carrot was using goggles...

People are still in denial about lookout? What is this,2016? :whitepress:
First of all how does this work now? Straw Hats take turns on the lookout role,every shift has a person watching the front and one person watching the back. It's rare that they have good sleep.
What can we take from this? Well,for one that Haki isn't a lookout killer. Other thing is that a specialized lookout should be able to stay up at irregular times.
Carrot's job in Zou is literally to be up at both periods of when Inu or Neko are up.
For now she's still great at what she does,for example in Zou she quickly located Luffy,while Usopp couldn't do anything of the sorts.
People were trashing on helmsman pre-WCI as well,saying stuff like "why do we need a helmsman when we got up Knock-Up stream or traversed the Sea-Snake currents",that's what we see now :milaugh: We even got to Wano without the almighty helmsman :noo:
I'll conclude with this: Do we NEED Helmsman or Lookout? No,we got through so much without them. But are they an upgrade? Of course.
Not the issue.
Problem is not something like lookout not existing, problem is carrot is not doing a particularly good job with it compared to other strawhats, simple as that.

So after 6 months I write again in this specific thread after looking at how much hate Carrot get just because Yamato's fan getting spoiled by Oda these days.

Disclaimer: I don't dislike Yamato that much compared to my old days. I'm still in 12 nakama ship after all. But I think I have to say this.

Marco and Law are better doctor than Chopper if we look at 'abilities'. So will both join SH? Ofc no.

So what Chopper had? The DREAM to be the best doctor that can cure any disease. Does Carrot have to be the best lookout to join SH? Hell No. Like some of you said the best lookout stayed in Dressrosa.

Her dream is Pedro's dream (If Pedro somehow alive, I'll be happy for him to join SH to continue reaching his dream) - watching the DAWN brought by Straw Hats.

And guess what? The DAWN in literal meaning is first seen by the lookout if they stayed all night in highest place to keep the ship. And if you can jump high like Carrot you even can see the horizon of dawn 13 minutes faster than the people in the surface.

So yeah I'm still in CARROT4NAKAMA ship until it sail or sink. I'm proud of @dizzy2341 for still being mature and comprehensive facing all of these haters.

Just because Nami, Usopp, Chopper or Sanji were steering or fixing the ship doesn't mean there isn't more for being a helmsman or a shipwright.

You're kidding yourselves if you think being a lookout is as simple as being a helmsman or a shipwright. They can extend to a new depth with special skills that Oda has emphasized on and showed strawhats were lacking before Jinbe and Franky joined. Nami commented on Jinbe's skill to surf the wave in the Green Room as if it's his own body that allows him to:

Franky would have failed to guide Sunny out the wave before Meme's Homie crushes them. Franky's engineering skills are also incomparable with Usopp's. He is the one who fully designed the Sunny, added the Coup De Vent, can easily construct bridges, stairs (Franky skywalk), different cannons/weapons within the ship etc... He even helped Usopp to upgrade Nami's weapon, showing his skill even extends to gadgets and external weapons.

Usopp and Franky complement each other. Usopp is the better marksman, Franky is the better carpenter, yet both possess a good knowledge on each other's profession to temporarily fill each other's place.

But anyone with a good fucking eyesight can fill a lookout role.

Scouting can be part of the marksman's job:

The first Think that was commented in in Her introduction was her junping which she used to scout Zou

Also should Luffy be the shipwright now because Kidd is the shipwright for his crew

Not the issue.
Problem is not something like lookout not existing, problem is carrot is not doing a particularly good job with it compared to other strawhats, simple as that.
Yamato has no role not dream. Now to address your point

:whitepress:
Anybody with a pair of eyes can be fucking Lookout.
Anyone who knows how to cook can be chef after all we saw that Nami could yet we still got Sanji
Denying her clear role is pointless say she doesnt have a strong relationship with luffy or her lack of panel time but the role thing, are you on crack?

Last edited:
The first Think that was commented in in Her introduction was her junping which she used to scout Zou

Also should Luffy be the shipwright now because Kidd is the shipwright for his crew

Yamato has no role not dream. Now to address your point

Anyone who knows how to cook can be chef after all we saw that Nami could yet we still got Sanji
Cool, and now? Still is not a better lookout.

Now using accessories necessary for the job is a problem? :noo:
People are really nitpicking. It just further enhances her eyesight,which was already superb(just look at her first scene in Zou).
It's like saying that Nami is bad at Navigating because she sometimes uses a map.

Not the issue.
But she did a good job in WCI,with multiple observation haki users around on the ship,she was STILL THE FIRST ONE to notice stuff multiple times,like for example the BM pirates trying to pincer the Sunny.
And as i said,it's a fact that her being a lookout would make the SHs fix their sleep schedules,she brings some Quality of Life updates for them :suresure:
As @Kafkananta said,she doesn't have to be the best ever at it,just good enough to give the crew some perks,that's all we need at this point,after all, WE GOT SO FAR without the need of helmsman or lookout. Also her desire to see the world together with taking the role of a lookout,who literally sees the world is perfect.:kata:

I mean Carrot's specializes in lookout/scouting right?
I would say robin can do a far better job as a lookout, oda already firced Jinbe as the best helmsman, well there is nothing for us to argue against that role, but he can't do that with lookout. Since robin can effectively use her DF for lookout in a far better way.

I dont think SHs need a role based recruitment at all at this point. Oda should just concentrate on plot and character based recruits

Now using accessories necessary for the job is a problem? :noo:
People are really nitpicking. It just further enhances her eyesight,which was already superb(just look at her first scene in Zou).
It's like saying that Nami is bad at Navigating because she sometimes uses a map.

But she did a good job in WCI,with multiple observation haki users around on the ship,she was STILL THE FIRST ONE to notice stuff multiple times,like for example the BM pirates trying to pincer the Sunny.
And as i said,it's a fact that her being a lookout would make the SHs fix their sleep schedules,she brings some Quality of Life updates for them :suresure:
As @Kafkananta said,she doesn't have to be the best ever at it,just good enough to give the crew some perks,that's all we need at this point,after all, WE GOT SO FAR without the need of helmsman or lookout. Also her desire to see the world together with taking the role of a lookout,who literally sees the world is perfect.:kata:
Yes, it´s not that hard people, let´s not beat around the bush.

"Nitpicking", it´s a standard Oda has set himself for the Strawhats, it´s useless and plainly wrong to pretend we are nitpicking in this.
Look at the quality of Strawhats in their respective roles, the only exception to this is Zoro really who was not one of the best in the world but who is also solely concentrating on combat.

Sanji = best student of a world famous chef, is even surpassing the skills of the chef who is feeding the biggest glutton in the world
Nami = impressed Grandline citizens with her skills to recognize even the smallest changes in humidity and weather phenomenon, even impressed the scientists who have dedicated their lives to study weather
Usopp = has shown sniping skills from places people can´t even see him, and they deemed it impossible to achieve what he did, Sanji literally pointed out that Usopp is by far the only dude to do this in Enies Lobby
Chopper = stems from the place which is world famous for its medical technology and knowledge, and studied under the best doctor in that place
Robin = Only person in the world who can read poneglyphs
Franky = One of the two only students of a legendary shipwright
Brook = Plays every instrument to such a degree he can even hypnotize people, and now is world famous
Jinbe = as fishman uniquely qualified for recognizing currents and manipulating them for their advantage, and is even teh best of the only fishmen pirate crew since he was doing that

Literally no other Strawhat can do what these guys are doing in their respective field. Nami can cook, she can´t make up a dish and cake that makes the world´s biggest glutton foodgasm. Usopp did his best at fixing the ship, he can never replace Franky as a shipwright.
Franky plays guitar, does not have the music skills Brook has. And this pattern is consistent throughout.
And the Strawhats are not only exclusively enabled to their respective roles within the crew, but they have world class skills in those fields that either nobody else or a handful of people have.

The problem is not Carrot using goggles, the problem is Carrot using goggles to the same proficiency as any other Strawhat can, and this was once again proven in WCI when we literally had several characters do the exact same thing.
Jumping high? We have Robin who can instantly create doubles of herself at places she can visibly see, we have Sanji who can not only jump as high but can stay indefinitely in the air, especially now with the Raid Suit, Chopper at least used to have jumping point.
Everything Carrot can do, other Strawhats can, maybe even better in some cases, and that´s only within the Strawhats.
If you look at the world, like i said, world´s best lookout by far remained in Dressrosa due to her ability, there are a lot of people who can fly and get to altitude faster than Carrot ever could with her jumping.

So please let´s not pretend Oda would not break a very obvious pattern if Carrot is supposed to fulfill that role.

I would say robin can do a far better job as a lookout, oda already firced Jinbe as the best helmsman, well there is nothing for us to argue against that role, but he can't do that with lookout. Since robin can effectively use her DF for lookout in a far better way.

I dont think SHs need a role based recruitment at all at this point. Oda should just concentrate on plot and character based recruits
Yep might be. Jinbe with regards to his dream and his flashback was also not that personal.

I want to agree with you. BUT. Role is something must come (forced or not) with recruitment. The part of this show is about Luffy's journey (voyage) but he can't do it alone except with his nakama's help.

Even in the past when Robin's role was unclear, Oda still shown her as the one who has broad knowledge guiding the crew the same way Nami did in different perspective. Sky island is the proof. And now Oda 'forced' Robin's role to come when Road Poneglyph become important keys to reach Raftel. We didn't know he planned it from very first or it come along the way.

One thing I know every straw hats has role even the smallest one to help Luffy achieving his dream. Lookout is one of those roles if Oda decided to do so. If not then bye...

Yes, it´s not that hard people, let´s not beat around the bush.

"Nitpicking", it´s a standard Oda has set himself for the Strawhats, it´s useless and plainly wrong to pretend we are nitpicking in this.
Look at the quality of Strawhats in their respective roles, the only exception to this is Zoro really who was not one of the best in the world but who is also solely concentrating on combat.

Sanji = best student of a world famous chef, is even surpassing the skills of the chef who is feeding the biggest glutton in the world
Nami = impressed Grandline citizens with her skills to recognize even the smallest changes in humidity and weather phenomenon, even impressed the scientists who have dedicated their lives to study weather
Usopp = has shown sniping skills from places people can´t even see him, and they deemed it impossible to achieve what he did, Sanji literally pointed out that Usopp is by far the only dude to do this in Enies Lobby
Chopper = stems from the place which is world famous for its medical technology and knowledge, and studied under the best doctor in that place
Robin = Only person in the world who can read poneglyphs
Franky = One of the two only students of a legendary shipwright
Brook = Plays every instrument to such a degree he can even hypnotize people, and now is world famous
Jinbe = as fishman uniquely qualified for recognizing currents and manipulating them for their advantage, and is even teh best of the only fishmen pirate crew since he was doing that

Literally no other Strawhat can do what these guys are doing in their respective field. Nami can cook, she can´t make up a dish and cake that makes the world´s biggest glutton foodgasm. Usopp did his best at fixing the ship, he can never replace Franky as a shipwright.
Franky plays guitar, does not have the music skills Brook has. And this pattern is consistent throughout.
And the Strawhats are not only exclusively enabled to their respective roles within the crew, but they have world class skills in those fields that either nobody else or a handful of people have.

The problem is not Carrot using goggles, the problem is Carrot using goggles to the same proficiency as any other Strawhat can, and this was once again proven in WCI when we literally had several characters do the exact same thing.
Jumping high? We have Robin who can instantly create doubles of herself at places she can visibly see, we have Sanji who can not only jump as high but can stay indefinitely in the air, especially now with the Raid Suit, Chopper at least used to have jumping point.
Everything Carrot can do, other Strawhats can, maybe even better in some cases, and that´s only within the Strawhats.
If you look at the world, like i said, world´s best lookout by far remained in Dressrosa due to her ability, there are a lot of people who can fly and get to altitude faster than Carrot ever could with her jumping.

So please let´s not pretend Oda would not break a very obvious pattern if Carrot is supposed to fulfill that role.

Yep might be. Jinbe with regards to his dream and his flashback was also not that personal.
Okay so who you proposed to become SH with the roles and they're the best at it. For now I'm still looking for what Yamato's role would be even Vivi's.

Wait, I understand when you list all of SH's mastery? But are you serious dude? Brook's role as famous musician when we didn't even know that music industry was that big 50 years ago. Hypnotize thing is too far fetched.

Last edited:
It's obvious when i said "nitpicking" it was in regards to saying as if using goggles was a bad thing.

Your list only makes sense in a hindsight,if we were in the Wedding portion of WCI you could've made the same argument against helmsman and Jinbe not being anything special at all.(Though i already explained why Carrot would bring something that other's can't do with the lookout role).

And i'll say this,because people can't comprehend this.
Straw Hats as it stands now are EQUALLY GOOD OR BAD at being a lookout,because all of them take turns at it,each being up the for the same amount of time. So no,none of them excel at it like some of you try to suggest(which btw - you guessed it - is similiar to how Helmsman was before Jinbe joined)

Status
Not open for further replies.