Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Usually luffy will give people nicknames since he is not familiar with them. Back in the day before someone else join the crew. He calls crew member like
Nami- theft
Sanji- cook
Chopper-reindeer
Robin-you
Franky-speedo man
Brook- corbuckle
Jinbei-old man
The thing luffy you have earn his respect as individual person. Then he will call you by your real name. Hell he even gave Hancock nickname called her hamcock.
Luffy called Sanji a cook because... he was a cook and he didn't know his actual name. He called Chopper a reindeer because he didn't know his name and... he was a reindeer. He called Nami a thief because she was a thief and he didn't know her name. So then what the hell is a Yamao??

The difference is that he calls her Yamao simply because he doesn't give a damn what her actual name is. He's been told multiple times what it is and was corrected when he got it wrong, but he doesn't care.

All the straw hats, when they told Luffy their name he remembered and called them by that. And this is before they joined the crew.
But you disqualify yourself from any serious discussion about it when you refer to her as "Yamao" or "That Nami clone"
Good thing this isn't a serious discussion then. We're talking about fictional characters joining a fictional crew. It's not that deep. What's interesting however is that out of all the discussion that's gone on over the past few pages, the only thing you chose to comment on is me calling her Yamao (something she's called in the actual manga)? Hmmm...If that disqualifies me from your "serious discussion" then so be it. I never realised I was a part of it to begin with.

Luffy called Sanji a cook because... he was a cook and he didn't know his actual name. He called Chopper a reindeer because he didn't know his name and... he was a reindeer. He called Nami a thief because she was a thief and he didn't know her name. So then what the hell is a Yamao??

The difference is that he calls her Yamao simply because he doesn't give a damn what her actual name is. He's been told multiple times what it is and was corrected when he got it wrong, but he doesn't care.

All the straw hats, when they told Luffy their name he remembered and called them by that. And this is before they joined the crew.

Good thing this isn't a serious discussion then. We're talking about fictional characters joining a fictional crew. It's not that deep. What's interesting however is that out of all the discussion that's gone on over the past few pages, the only thing you chose to comment on is me calling her Yamao (something she's called in the actual manga)? Hmmm...If that disqualifies me from your "serious discussion" then so be it. I never realised I was a part of it to begin with.
Yamato correct him about her name once because she was pissed off by her father betrayal. Luffy called yammo twice. It’s still goes back what I have say. They have earn luffy respect before he calls them by there name. Before, luffy asked chopper join him he kept calling him reindeer or deer. Hell even meeting robin again as stowaway there ship he called her “you”. Brook corbuckle, transition to skeleton and he would eventually call him brook. Franky was enemy before he join crew luffy’s crew. He called him Speedo man. What I’m trying to say is this despite Luffy giving people nicknames in the story. He would eventually call them by real names. If you earn his respect as person and he has taken interest you as individual he call you by your real name eventually.

Last edited:

First off, she was called that like twice and immediately corrected Luffy on it. That's clearly not what she's refered to as in general. You're obviously calling her that because you see the nickname as a point against her. I was just pointing out the bias in a jokey way.

My general point with the second post was just that it's hard to take arguments seriously from people who are clearly biased. I wasn't trying to make this some kind of big deal.

As far as why that's my only post lately, it's just because I don't post very often. I was catching up on the thread from like 3 or 4 pages behind and your post happened to be the first thing I felt like commenting on. I don't see why that's so interesting.

First off, she was called that like twice and immediately corrected Luffy on it. That's clearly not what she's refered to as in general. You're obviously calling her that because you see the nickname as a point against her. I was just pointing out the bias in a jokey way.
I know. I call her that because it's a lil reminder that the main character doesn't even call her by her name. Plus it's shorter ;-)
My general point with the second post was just that it's hard to take arguments seriously from people who are clearly biased. I wasn't trying to make this some kind of big deal.
Find flaw in the argument don't came after the person lol. Everyone is biased since we all have our own interests. I believe and want Carrot to join the crew. Just like I believe and want Yamao not to. That's not some secret. If you've got something to say about my actual points then speak on that. Bringing up bias when you and everyone else are also biased is meaningless.
As far as why that's my only post lately, it's just because I don't post very often. I was catching up on the thread from like 3 or 4 pages behind and your post happened to be the first thing I felt like commenting on. I don't see why that's so interesting.
Just because you talked about "serious discussion", and when there was an actual discussion instead of mentioning a single point raised by anyone across multiple pages, you instead brought up something as irrelevant as me missing a T as if that's worthy of serious discussion lmao. But I digress.

Anyways, I won't be replying as a don't wish to spend any of this day on here, so Merry Christmas to all!

J

Jo_Ndule

Jinbe is the last permanent Strawhat. Yamato will just leave the borders to accompany them like Vivi and Carrot is garbage that adds nothing to crew, at least Chopper is a medic.
Oda never said Jinbei was the last strawhat. And jinbei is just the 9th nakamura.

Your hate for Carrot is not good.
Oda wouldn't write all that if carrot wouldn't accompany Strawhats till Raftel.

And Yamato will probably sail only for sometime to see the world.
She doesn't need to sail with Strawhats
Post automatically merged:

:goyea:
Since it is about names

Luffy called Katakuri's name correctly while Yamato is like Kidd and Law where he respects them but doesn't call their names properly

I guess Katakuri will join:kata:

Name argument...

Oda never said Jinbei was the last strawhat. And jinbei is just the 9th nakamura.

Your hate for Carrot is not good.
Oda wouldn't write all that if carrot wouldn't accompany Strawhats till Raftel.

And Yamato will probably sail only for sometime to see the world.
She doesn't need to sail with Strawhats
Vivi was roughly a "strawhat" for 4 consecutive arcs or in other words for 90% of Alabasta Saga, hence why it's intriguing how you all think panel time is a conclusive evidence when it's not. The Carrot "lookout" role on the other hand, is a big lol, that's what Usopp should fill.

J

Jo_Ndule

Vivi was roughly a "strawhat" for 4 consecutive arcs or in other words for 90% of Alabasta Saga, hence why it's intriguing how you all think panel time is a conclusive evidence when it's not. The Carrot "lookout" role on the other hand, is a big lol, that's what Usopp should fill.
:choppawhat:ussop should fill
Franky also could fill the helmsman position yet jinbei joined and took that spot

Yeah just like how Usopp should fill shipwright role and Franky the helmsman role

Status
Not open for further replies.