Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the biggest reasons people argued for Jinbe back in the day was because of his bond with Luffy. And now we're seeing that same type of bond with Yamao. But instead of Luffy being the other member in the relationship, it's Momonosuke.

It's not simply that the Jinbe/Luffy depth of a bond doesn't exist for Yamao. It's the fact that it does exist but is currently being developed towards Momo, not Luffy nor someone that's a part of the crew. Luffy is to Jinbe what Momo is to Yamao. That's a killer blow to her chances of ever joining, unless Momo joins first. If Yamao's df is in fact the Byakko, then that fully seals the deal and makes her role as Momo's guardian completely undeniable.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Love to see people still fighting the inevitable with Yamato while using the same tired bullshit even in the face of all the panel time she’s been getting lately (more than Carrot’s had in this arc)!! Y’all know how fuckin’ dumb the totally subjective “Same Face as Nami” argument is and always has been?? Here’s another variation of this defense: Carrot can’t join the crew because we already have a protagonist whose name starts with C!! That’s right, Chopper is conclusive, definitive proof that she isn’t gonna be a Straw Hat!! :gokulaugh::gokulaugh::gokulaugh:

Love to see people still fighting the inevitable with Yamato while using the same tired bullshit even in the face of all the panel time she’s been getting lately (more than Carrot’s had in this arc)!! Y’all know how fuckin’ dumb the totally subjective “Same Face as Nami” argument is and always has been?? Here’s another variation of this defense: Carrot can’t join the crew because we already have a protagonist whose name starts with C!! That’s right, Chopper is conclusive, definitive proof that she isn’t gonna be a Straw Hat!! :gokulaugh::gokulaugh::gokulaugh:
I'd argue Yamato has far more packed into her character in 16 chapters than carrot has in 150+ xD

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
I'd argue Yamato has far more packed into her character in 16 chapters than carrot has in 150+ xD
Even accounting for all her panel time in Zou/WCI, she hasn’t done anything terribly significant before OR after going Sulong...at the rate we’re going, we’ll get everything in Yamato’s backstory and flesh out her motivation for joining Luffy before we see Carrot do a second notable thing :kayneshrug:

Last edited:
The way I kind see is this luffy at least doing something that ace couldn’t do. Ace in flashback never fought against Kaido. Right now luffy carrying the mantle responsibility of liberating wano and freeing there people. Defeating Kaido does help Yamato chances joining crew in the end. I think the reason why ace talk so much about luffy to Yamato. Is more implying to me from ace’s perspective that I might not be able help you in your current circumstances. However, my little brother might be able do such thing in order help you. It’s was way keep her optimism and hope alive that some day luffy will show up will defeat kaido and free you from the shackles bind you to this island. So Yamato does owe a debt to luffy gratitude not just freeing wano and but for freeing her in the process.

Last edited:
Even accounting for all her panel time in Zou/WCI, she hasn’t done anything terribly significant before OR after going Sulong...at the rate we’re going, we’ll get everything in Yamato’s backstory and flesh out her motivation for joining Luffy before we see Carrot so a second notable thing :kayneshrug:
Yeah, I agree. Both have the inherited will category down, but I'd say Odens is far far more significant in terms of importance

Here’s another variation of this defense: Carrot can’t join the crew because we already have a protagonist whose name starts with C!! That’s right, Chopper is conclusive, definitive proof that she isn’t gonna be a Straw Hat!! :gokulaugh::gokulaugh::gokulaugh:
For all we know Oda might think her name is spelt Kyarotto because that's her Romanized name :steef:
He did tons of mistakes like this in the past :kata::gokulaugh:

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
For all we know Oda might think her name is spelt Kyarotto because that's her Romanized name :steef:
He did tons of mistakes like this in the past :kata::gokulaugh:
This IS the guy who let Laugh Tale be known as Raftel for 20-something years...but that actually served a purpose or represented something poignant in the story, so even if he thinks Carrot’s name should be spelled like that, what a strange fuckin’ twist this would be :suresure:

it's hilarious at this point, than people still don't accept how Oda draw all female chars.

Literally all females in OP are Nami with a distinguish part of her body, like: hair style, eyelashes, eyebrowns, hair color, different nose, different eyes, etc.

The only exception are chars like: Big Mom, Kokoro and Lola.

Inclusive female minks and female gyojins, are namis with fur or fins and blue/green/red skin color.

She is technically already a Strawhat cause she had no reason to make it to Wano differently. She has just to be officialized.
She's not until Luffy officially invites her... But considering her role being so minimal at this point, I'd say she's a no go.
I would actually put a minimal percentage that she won't join, but all seems to indicate she will.

Status
Not open for further replies.