Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that I think about it, there’s a interesting pattern that should be noted. I’m not entirely sure, correct if I’m wrong but I think each time a crew member joined the crew before Wano, he was the strongest character available on Luffy’s side.

Zoro was the strongest ally in Romance Dawn, Nami was the strongest ally in Orange Town, Usopp was the strongest ally in Syrup, Sanji was the strongest ally in Baratie, Chopper was the strongest ally in Drum Island, Robin was the strongest ally in Arabasta, Franky was the strongest in Enies Lobby and Brook was the strongest ally in Thriller Bark.

Wano is a special arc with a lot of strong allies and a war going on, Jinbe and Yamato are certainly weaker than Marco, probably weaker than Inu and Neko too. But in regard to the debate between Carrot and Yamato, strength might be an important criteria to take into consideration.

Now that I think about it, there’s a interesting pattern that should be noted. I’m not entirely sure, correct if I’m wrong but I think each time a crew member joined the crew before Wano, he was the strongest character available on Luffy’s side.

Zoro was the strongest ally in Romance Dawn, Nami was the strongest ally in Orange Town, Usopp was the strongest ally in Syrup, Sanji was the strongest ally in Baratie, Chopper was the strongest ally in Drum Island, Robin was the strongest ally in Arabasta, Franky was the strongest in Enies Lobby and Brook

Wano is a special arc with a lot of strong allies and a war going on, Jinbe and Yamato are certainly weaker than Marco, probably weaker than Inu and Neko too. But in regard to the debate between Carrot and Yamato, strength might be an important criteria to take into consideration.
Technically Jinbe joined already at WCI, he made his declaration there.

Also, Yamato is very likely stronger than any of the scabbards alone. Jack is conspicuously missing, and I wonder of they may encounter each other. The Mink kings specifically defeated him together after he had already taken out tons of sulong minks, plus they did it in sulong. If Yamato defeats a recovered Jack with her own strength, then being the strongest Wano arc ally makes complete sense.

Some people: SH should have more focus
Also some people: let's add another fifteen crew members :josad:
Does not contradict since it´s obvious it´s become the Luffy show, sprinkled with some Zoro.
Post automatically merged:

:cheers:
Post automatically merged:

if she takes screentime from Usopp in elbaf im going to kumamoto and paying oda a visit:josad:
Let´s wait and see if we get a full on Elbaf arc anyway.

Ever since we enter wano arc . Carrot her significant and importance has slowly diminishing. She has been reduce to background and support character nonetheless. Even prior to the arc we have had past with her. There has never been arc up at this point that really certain around her as a character. So there not really much depth to her character in terms who she was before she met pedro. We understand that she lost mentor figure in real time. She has 1 page flashback. But really is not that significant we have seen something similar from otama and bartolomeo. It’s flashback that short and brief with with pedro. The difference between jinbei and carrot. At least jinbei he was able was to help luffy on a personal level. As well have an arc that would follow up and make him more relevant character to the story. In other words as said before he had an arc that certain around him as character. While carrot hasn’t shown any sense importance with overall story nor has has a stand out individual moment that really highlights her importance moving forward.

Do people honestly still see Carrot joining or is it just that they’ve argued for it for so long that they can’t give up now?

Cause if I was putting myself in the shoes of a big Carrot fan who thinks she’s a Strawhat (which I’ve made clear I’m not), Christ, I’d be thinking Oda is treating her like dogshit. All the time he’s been devoting to Yamato- even should she not join- is what I would be expecting Carrot to get.

Technically Jinbe joined already at WCI, he made his declaration there.

Also, Yamato is very likely stronger than any of the scabbards alone. Jack is conspicuously missing, and I wonder of they may encounter each other. The Mink kings specifically defeated him together after he had already taken out tons of sulong minks, plus they did it in sulong. If Yamato defeats a recovered Jack with her own strength, then being the strongest Wano arc ally makes complete sense.
I’m not sure at all about Yamato being stronger than Inu, Neko or Shutenmaru but I guess it’s not out of the realm of possibility. I’ve a much harder time believing she could be stronger than Marco though. It’s not that important anyway, the point is maybe her strength compared to Carrot’s is something that deserves more attention. Currently I’d give the edge to Yamato but there’s no proof of her being stronger than Sulong Carrot.

Do people honestly still see Carrot joining or is it just that they’ve argued for it for so long that they can’t give up now?

Cause if I was putting myself in the shoes of a big Carrot fan who thinks she’s a Strawhat (which I’ve made clear I’m not), Christ, I’d be thinking Oda is treating her like dogshit. All the time he’s been devoting to Yamato- even should she not join- is what I would be expecting Carrot to get.
Yeah, Carrot's been here since late 2016, nothing has changed on our front really. Just a matter of waiting for Oda to elaborate on the purpose of her inclusion. People seem to think we know how everything will unfold, but we don't. An editor already came out and confirmed that no theory on how One Piece will end is correct and we've seen how wrong a lot of things posters have said in the past are now in retrospect. We're all suspect of this, so I still hold ground like I did years back when literally everyone and their mother was and still is against Carrot.

Yeah, Carrot's been here since late 2016, nothing has changed on our front really. Just a matter of waiting for Oda to elaborate on the purpose of her inclusion. People seem to think we know how everything will unfold, but we don't. An editor already came out and confirmed that no theory on how One Piece will end is correct and we've seen how wrong a lot of things posters have said in the past are now in retrospect. We're all suspect of this, so I still hold ground like I did years back when literally everyone and their mother was and still is against Carrot.
Are you happy with how Oda has used Carrot as a character so far in Wano?

If you want a possible pattern to look at, its very possible that Oda is only having strawhats fight beast pirates.

Let's just assume Big Mom goes to Kid/Killer really, while Luffy/Zoro take on Kaido, a parallel that people seem to be agreeing with at this time. Let's say also at some point, Zoro ends up fighting King by the end of the arc. Some people disagree with that, but that's alright.

Brook and Robin are heading into the mansion. Queen conspicuously is interest in Sanji, thus potentially having Brook/Robin take over Sanjis fight with Black Maria

Then you have Nami and Usopp, who only fought Ulti. Chopper is the last remaining current strawhat in the area. At this time, Carrot is fighting a BMP, but Yamato is free and has yet to show off her powers. She's not up at the top with the Yonko, and Jack is literally the only other Beast Pirate missing from the action right now.

Thus you'd get this very interesting, clean matchup between Luffy's crew and Kaido's:

- Luffy vs Kaido
- Zoro vs King (yes, after fighting Kaido for a while)
- Sanji vs Queen
- Yamato vs Jack
- Jinbe vs WsW
- Franky vs Sasaki
- Brook/Robin vs Black Maria
- Chopper vs P1
- Usopp/Nami vs Ulti

Funny enough, the above is how people have been powerscaling the SHP (sans Yamato, but have been placing her near Sanji/Jinbe anyway), and how the Beasts Pirates also seem to be grouped in terms of strength (though Ulti/P1 are probably interchangeable).

To me this just looks extremely clean, and while we probably need another 10-20 chapters to really determine who everyone is going to fight, its been my bet for the past month now.

No knock on Carrot, but it does seem to me like Oda will either not deal with Big Mom this arc, or he will have the other Supernova like Kid, Killer, Law, Drake, Apoo and Hawkins potentially handle Big Mom and her top crew members.

The actual straw hats are treated like dogshit so that should be a point in her favour if anything. :sanmoji:

But being serious, a new character introduced at the very end of hundreds upon hundreds of chapters of build up and getting a lot of focus crammed at the end to make up for her total absence from the entire saga doesn't hurt Carrot's chances of joining who has been built up since the 2nd chapter of Zou and has already immersed herself in straw hat life.

Carrot's role at the front of the narrative hasn't arrived yet. And if it was never going to arrive, then there would've been no need to bother bringing her along and including her with the crew in the way that he did.

I’m not sure at all about Yamato being stronger than Inu, Neko or Shutenmaru but I guess it’s not out of the realm of possibility. I’ve a much harder time believing she could be stronger than Marco though. It’s not that important anyway, the point is maybe her strength compared to Carrot’s is something that deserves more attention. Currently I’d give the edge to Yamato but there’s no proof of her being stronger than Sulong Carrot.
Never expected her to be but like Law/Kid, etc, Marco is not a Wano based character, where Inu/Neko technically are, which is where I thought you were going with this lol. If she ends up fighting and defeating Jack alone, then I think we can say she's probably stronger than any scabbard. We have yet to see her upper limit at all yet so its hard to tell

The actual straw hats are treated like dogshit so that should be a point in her favour if anything. :sanmoji:

But being serious, a new character introduced at the very end of hundreds upon hundreds of chapters of build up and getting a lot of focus crammed at the end to make up for her total absence from the entire saga doesn't hurt Carrot's chances of joining who has been built up since the 2nd chapter of Zou and has already immersed herself in straw hat life.

Carrot's role at the front of the narrative hasn't arrived yet. And if it was never going to arrive, then there would've been no need to bother bringing her along and including her with the crew in the way that he did.
Same question as I gave Visa- are you happy with how Oda’s treated Carrot?

I know you’re not a big fan with how OP has went recently regardless, so would you feel that Carrot’s lack of focus despite being a Strawhat is just a further sign of the decline in OP?

Status
Not open for further replies.