Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
what does have to do with the post. Yamato has no role, her introduction was rushed, and relationship with luffy is the farthest thing from spectacular
Yamato for me has common with other straw hats
1. She’s had a one v one conversation luffy as what she wants do with her life.
2. The wano arc especially act 3 so far has certain around her character
3. She was in a predicament where she couldn’t get herself like all straw hats have been. The explosive cuffs On her wrist is kind of similar predicament what happened sanji in whole cake island. The only difference sanji were fake. While Yamato were real thing.
4. She has given direct orders by luffy to look after someone similar what franky did Enis Lobby 7 when going after robin

5. Luffy putting trust individual someone just met look after someone rather someone he is familiar with.
6. She told us she suffer sad lonely past. She is not familiar without outside world. When seeing Franky she was surprise she never seen something like this before. This somewhat new for her.
7. She kind of motivated by Luffy to help him is cause. Once Kaido is defeat we have no idea what she wants do right after. She might want to travel with straw hats since she didn’t have opportunity to go with ace at the time. Even in recent flashback Yamato does declare she wants to out sea just like oden does. Now she has freedom do what she truly desires.
8. Each straw hat someway was willing sacrifice or putting everything for on those around them.
9. Yamato has showcase very selfless character.
10. Showcase different fighting style that’s very different
Even her flashback with ace had much more significance and important with her as character. Carrot never gave this.

Yamato for me has common with other straw hats
1. She’s had a one v one conversation luffy as what she wants do with her life.
2. The wano arc especially act 3 so far has certain around her character
3. She was in a predicament where she couldn’t get herself like all straw hats have been. The explosive cuffs On her wrist is kind of similar predicament what happened sanji in whole cake island. The only difference sanji were fake. While Yamato were real thing.
4. She has given direct orders by luffy to look after someone similar what franky did Enis Lobby 7 when going after robin

5. Luffy putting trust individual someone just met look after someone rather someone he is familiar with.
6. She told us she suffer sad lonely past. She is not familiar without outside world. When seeing Franky she was surprise she never seen something like this before. This somewhat new for her.
7. She kind of motivated by Luffy to help him is cause. Once Kaido is defeat we have no idea what she wants do right after. She might want to travel with straw hats since she didn’t have opportunity to go with ace at the time. Even in recent flashback Yamato does declare she wants to out sea just like oden does. Now she has freedom do what she truly desires.
8. Each straw hat someway was willing sacrifice or putting everything for on those around them.
9. Yamato has showcase very selfless character.
9. Showcase different fighting style that’s very different
Even her flashback with ace had much more significance and important with her as character. Carrot never gave this.
you should have said end of act 3 because in a 91 chapter arc shes only been in 16 chapters
funny that you mention how her fighting stlye while her face is just namis
she wants to leave never said she wanted to sail with luffy

what does have to do with the post. Yamato has no role, her introduction was rushed, and relationship with luffy is the farthest thing from spectacular
You think Brook had anything special about him besides just being a talking skeleton when Luffy asked him to join them at the start of TB? It wasn't until the arc was basically over was the connection truly made. Bad excuse, ass bias.

Same question as I gave Visa- are you happy with how Oda’s treated Carrot?

I know you’re not a big fan with how OP has went recently regardless, so would you feel that Carrot’s lack of focus despite being a Strawhat is just a further sign of the decline in OP?
The me from a few years back would be devastated, but as you know I really don't care much for OP at all these days. That applies to Carrot as a character too now. The only thing even keeping me on this forum, in the community at large, or even reading the manga for the time being is the nakama debate. And yes, that's solely because I'm too involved in it now to just back out. I've been debating with you and others back from 2016 lmao, I want to see it through to the end, good or bad. But just to clarify, that doesn't mean I don't think she's joining, I just don't care about her as a character anymore. I only really see her nakama potential.

Just look at significant characters like Kid, King, Drake, like all the straw hats bar Luffy and Zoro...Heck even Kaido for the majority of this arc. Totally sidelined. Almost entirely irrelevant in favour of uninteresting side characters. I checked a few months back and Toko (the pink haired courtesan girl in case you can't remember because I certainly couldn't), that same Toko had more panel time than Eustass Kid. And this was like 60 chapters into the arc or something like that.

And honestly it's this exact nonsense that I think why so many are losing interest in OP. Why discussion in the community is at such a low. Why the individual volume sales continue to fall etc.

The me from a few years back would be devastated, but as you know I really don't care much for OP at all these days. That applies to Carrot as a character too now. The only thing even keeping me on this forum, in the community at large, or even reading the manga for the time being is the nakama debate. And yes, that's solely because I'm too involved in it now to just back out. I've been debating with you and others back from 2016 lmao, I want to see it through to the end, good or bad. But just to clarify, that doesn't mean I don't think she's joining, I just don't care about her as a character anymore. I only really see her nakama potential.

Just look at significant characters like Kid, King, Drake, like all the straw hats bar Luffy and Zoro...Heck even Kaido for the majority of this arc. Totally sidelined. Almost entirely irrelevant in favour of uninteresting side characters. I checked a few months back and Toko (the pink haired courtesan girl in case you can't remember because I certainly couldn't), that same Toko had more panel time than Eustass Kid. And this was like 60 chapters into the arc or something like that.

And honestly it's this exact nonsense that I think why so many are losing interest in OP. Why discussion in the community is at such a low. Why the individual volume sales continue to fall etc.
she still does and sales arent falling

you should have said end of act 3 because in a 91 chapter arc shes only been in 16 chapters
- She's been present in more chapters than carrot has been at all this arc
- Wait until Wano hits 140 chapters, then Yamato would have been around for over 60
- Her face looks nothing like Nami's except for the cherry picked early images people have used. Oda has a FEMALE face problem in general. Vivi looks like Nami. Rebecca looks like Nami. Hell, even Robin and Hancock and Tashigi look like Nami now. Yamato actually has way more defining features in comparison. Check her eye, eyebrow and nose placement. Check her hairstyle. Check literally anything about the character.
- Read page 8 of chapter 985. She literally asks Luffy to board his ship in leu of how Oden did it with Whitebeard. She specifically says on 983 she was waiting for Luffy.

It’s funny that you mention face is nami. Her personality and fighting style is a lot different from nami. Even 91 chapters with carrot she comes as support going along for ride. Not really showing Importance or arc certain around her character. Still we don’t know much backstory before she met pedro. Ever sense wano she significantly been push to the background.

Last edited:
- Her face looks nothing like Nami's except for the cherry picked early images people have used. Oda has a FEMALE face problem in general. Vivi looks like Nami. Rebecca looks like Nami. Hell, even Robin and Hancock and Tashigi look like Nami now. Yamato actually has way more defining features in comparison. Check her eye, eyebrow and nose placement. Check her hairstyle. Check literally anything about the character.

I still don't see Yamato as a straw hat. She has neither a goal to achieve anything in particular nor did she show us a role. All she wants is to see the world. I still remember this argument being used against Carrot. And now it's just being ignored. Chopper wants to see the world but has the goal to create a panacea to achieve what his mentor could not achieve.

If Yamato gets a goal and shows a role then I'll change my mind

You might want to reread my post again. Nothing about her eyes, eyebrow and nose resembles Nami. Her horns and hair are entirely different.

Luffy has that exact same smile at points. I already said Oda has a female differentiation problem, Yamato is really not one of them. Vivi/Rebecca? Now those are carbon copies of Nami.

Look at the differences there and you can stop refuting this

Status
Not open for further replies.