Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
?

- Hidden power
- Hidden past
- Hidden motive

And that's after all of this exposition with Oden and Ace. Theres clearly a ton we don't know.

Not sure where this anti-bias is coming from. People act like Brook or Jinbe or the first 6 strawhats were the most overtly mysterious people.
Only thing hidden is her fruit, her having hidden motive is pure headcanon. Same for the past can be easily infered from what she told during her Introduction and what we know of the chatacters involved. She literally said in her intro that Oden's death and his book is what moved her and the craving to be like him. Kaido is a controlling piece of shit that wants to decide for his daughter and she wants to break free from it to live a life like Oden

Last edited:

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
if the marineford saga is what you call a mistake i hope creates alot more
Did I say that?? I meant taking too long to get to FI in general, Elbaf is the only island he’s teased longer than that and a lot of people thought the actual arc was underwhelming for that reason.
The post was obviously not meant for you lol, hence why I made a divider. I wouldn't want you to cry like last time where you were forced to block me for your own sanity. Speaking of...how come you can see my posts :choppawhat:
You really complaining about me taking you off ignore?? I’m happy to put you back there if you’d like!! :amazing:

LMAO.

The rent is so free. :finally:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Regarding Yamao's nami face scandal, don't know why people are referring to Oda's other arc princesses and using them as an excuse. It's literally the opposite. The Rebecca gang have a Nami face because it's Oda's go to model for a significant female that he wants to be pretty.

But when Oda wants an actual straw hat, and not just a significant princess of the arc, he designs someone like Robin. Robin is her own design. She isn't Nami with some adjustments. She's distinct and Oda made an extra effort since she was going to be a main character in the crew. Oda's done this same thing with every single straw hat. They're all their own designs.

Whereas Yamao is very clearly drawn from Nami and then Oda made some adjustments after. That's the difference. Oda's been drawing manga for over 20 years. He knows how to design a totally new character when he needs to. He just chose not to for Yamao since she's likely not gonna be straw hat.
arn't you argueing for carrot? she has nami face syndrome too lol

Ya'll need to be patient. The character has existed for 18 chapters.

Nami's dream wasn't known for like 50 chapters. Robins true dream was hidden for nearly 200 chapters after she joined. Franky was unknown for 40 chapters. Brooks was unknown for like 25 chapters. Hell, while we knew Jinbe's dream early on, his actual role on the crew wasn't known for hundreds of chapters

Have patience. We only know what Yamato believes in right now, what we dont know is what fuels that belief and why. We dont know what she actually is aiming to achieve yet. Oda is trying get the whole Oden Bible/Ace thing out of the way. There is a reason she became inspired by Oden, likely due to her relationship with Kaido.
Jinbe already showed the role as helmsman in Impel Down. It hadn't taken over 100 chapters.

We already know the reason.
It had nothing to do with Oden's journal.

Jinbe already showed the role as helmsman in Impel Down. It hadn't taken over 100 chapters.

The "helmsman" role you are implying was simply him driving the ship at the time. Nothing about those scenes post-Impel Down at all screamed "Helmsman" outside of a choice few people who guessed correctly back in the day.

We did not KNOW his role as a helmsman until WCI. It was never specified or elaborated upon. Hence my point.

Uh, I feel like Yamato is the least mysterious straw hat Sanjidate, info dumping her whole character sheet during the Introduction didn't help. Did we learn anything new or the impression of the character changed from the flashback with Ace? Not for me.
Precisely lol. Oda basically dumped her entire character out in the first 3 chapters after he introduction. We got:

-Her dream
-Fighting style
-Idol figure
-Sad backstory summary
-Her hidden journal
-Her asking to ride Luffy's ship
-Her handcuffs that had taken away her freedom
-Her handcuffs that had taken away her freedom removed THE VERY NEXT CHAPTER

And yet after all of this, Luffy still wasn't even interested enough to remember Yamao's name. :suresure:
You really complaining about me taking you off ignore?? I’m happy to put you back there if you’d like!! :amazing:
If I mean that much to you then go for it lmao. It's clear you're thinking of me regardless of what you do with that block button.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Precisely lol. Oda basically dumped her entire character out in the first 3 chapters after he introduction. We got:

-Her dream
-Fighting style
-Idol figure
-Sad backstory summary
-Her hidden journal

And yet after all of this, Luffy still wasn't even interested enough to remember Yamao's name. :suresure:

If I mean that much to you then go for it lmao. It's clear you're thinking of me regardless of what you do with that block button.
Trust me, I only ever think or talk about you in this thread...you are a non-entity anywhere else, but it’s fun to rile you up here :cheers:

We didn’t know what ussop was going to be before he joined. Hell I don’t think luffy from his perspective he didn’t know what chopper was going to be. We did know as audience though as well Nami. Some fans believe jinbei role would been something else before helmsman. But at last we did see what he did in impel down and whole cake island. I think a lot fans thought jinbei would luffy’s strategist/advisor. I guess those are his secondary roles.

she is but if vivi situation were to happen with yamato we would be right
Both are in different positions. Vivi has to stay to represent and elevated the moral of their kingdom (and no affiliate to pirates, for obiusly reasons). And Yamato is a daughter of a one of the most evil and powered pirates. Who in the last 3 chaps, she reafirmate the will of join to Luffy (or at least, sail and have a journey).

And its not necesary for Momo to have another bodyguard, because him have Zou fighters and Inu/neko, who them have the power to defeat a YC.

We didn’t know what ussop was going to be before he joined. Hell I don’t think luffy from his perspective he didn’t know what chopper was going to be. We did know as audience though as well Nami. Some fans believe jinbei role would been something else before helmsman. But at last we did see what he did in impel down and whole cake island. I think a lot fans thought jinbei would luffy’s strategist/advisor. I guess those are his secondary roles.
Funny enough, go to the Fisher Tiger flashbacks. There is zero hint or indication of Jinbe's helmsman skills.

Its also very possible that Oda realized he used Jinbe this way in the past, so he made up the role for him when it became relevant to do so.

Same with potentially Yamato here, we won't KNOW her dream/skill until it's relevant. Jinbe's helmsman skills weren't even shown until 70% into WCI

Funny enough, go to the Fisher Tiger flashbacks. There is zero hint or indication of Jinbe's helmsman skills.

Its also very possible that Oda realized he used Jinbe this way in the past, so he made up the role for him when it became relevant to do so.

Same with potentially Yamato here, we won't KNOW her dream/skill until it's relevant. Jinbe's helmsman skills weren't even shown until 70% into WCI
exactly

-Her dream
-Fighting style
-Idol figure
-Sad backstory summary
-Her hidden journal
>oh hey it's me, KAIDO'S SON (yes, somehow no one bothered mentioning Kaido's SON)
>oh hey, it's not actually a SON, but a cosplaying girl
>oh hey, she's cosplaying as none other than ODEN HIMSELF, SO WE CAN EXTEND THE ODENWANKING AFTER THE FLASHBACK
>oh hey, I knew Ace -- you should totally let me sail with you guys! I want to have avdentures like ODEN
>oh hey, I really hate my dad -- he used to beat me up and stuff (literally a single speech bubble). I'll help you fight him, even though we literally just met
>oh hey the shackles have stole my freedom for 20 years (solved the very next chapter)

I dunno where the mysteries are when every reveals have been so shoved down our throat the first chapters. Heck even her bond with Luffy isn't anything to look forward. Luffy always had to "earn" the faith of his crewmates in him by his actions after he met them. While Yamato already believed he is the "one" before even meeting him, due to Oden's journal, the prophecy, Ace's words and newspaper. What he doing right now is just a confirmation of what she believes. The problem with that is that it makes her relationship with him feel much more shallow.
Like, Zoro thought Luffy was just some kid who talks big when he first met him, yet later Zoro wouldn't hesitate to take all of Luffy's pain and throw his pride away (asking Mihawk to train him) for Luffy's sake. When Nami first met Luffy, she used him as a bait and a bit later stole his ship. Now she would rather get her head split open than spitting on his dream. Seeing the bond growing over the years was interesting. Following Yamato just so bland

Status
Not open for further replies.