Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Both are in different positions. Vivi has to stay to represent and elevated the moral of their kingdom (and no affiliate to pirates, for obiusly reasons). And Yamato is a daughter of a one of the most evil and powered pirates. Who in the last 3 chaps, she reafirmate the will of join to Luffy (or at least, sail and have a journey).

And its not necesary for Momo to have another bodyguard, because him have Zou fighters and Inu/neko, who them have the power to defeat a YC.
im not saying she has the same situation as vivi im saying that no longer term strawhat has had this problem

>oh hey it's me, KAIDO'S SON (yes, somehow no one bothered mentioning Kaido's SON)
>oh hey, it's not actually a SON, but a cosplaying girl
>oh hey, she's cosplaying as none other than ODEN HIMSELF, SO WE CAN EXTEND THE ODENWANKING AFTER THE FLASHBACK
>oh hey, I knew Ace -- you should totally let me sail with you guys! I want to have avdentures like ODEN
>oh hey, I really hate my dad -- he used to beat me up and stuff (literally a single speech bubble). I'll help you fight him, even though we literally just met
>oh hey the shackles have stole my freedom for 20 years (solved the very next chapter)

I dunno where the mysteries are when every reveals have been so shoved down our throat the first chapters. Heck even her bond with Luffy isn't anything to look forward. Luffy always had to "earn" the faith of his crewmates in him by his actions after he met them. While Yamato already believed he is the "one" before even meeting him, due to Oden's journal, the prophecy, Ace's words and newspaper. What he doing right now is just a confirmation of what she believes. The problem with that is that it makes her relationship with him feel much more shallow.
Like, Zoro thought Luffy was just some kid who talks big when he first met him, yet later Zoro wouldn't hesitate to take all of Luffy's pain and throw his pride away (asking Mihawk to train him) for Luffy's sake. When Nami first met Luffy, she used him as a bait and a bit later stole his ship. Now she would rather get her head split open than spitting on his dream. Seeing the bond growing over the years was interesting.
I think the mystery is what is her power that shown 996 what is her race. It’s also possible Yamato might eventually confront her father to earn luffy’s respect.

>oh hey it's me, KAIDO'S SON (yes, somehow no one bothered mentioning Kaido's SON)
>oh hey, it's not actually a SON, but a cosplaying girl
>oh hey, she's cosplaying as none other than ODEN HIMSELF, SO WE CAN EXTEND THE ODENWANKING AFTER THE FLASHBACK
>oh hey, I knew Ace -- you should totally let me sail with you guys! I want to have avdentures like ODEN
>oh hey, I really hate my dad -- he used to beat me up and stuff (literally a single speech bubble). I'll help you fight him, even though we literally just met
>oh hey the shackles have stole my freedom for 20 years (solved the very next chapter)

I dunno where the mysteries are when every reveals have been so shoved down our throat the first chapters. Heck even her bond with Luffy isn't anything to look forward. Luffy always had to "earn" the faith of his crewmates in him by his actions after he met them. While Yamato already believed he is the "one" before even meeting him, due to Oden's journal, the prophecy, Ace's words and newspaper. What he doing right now is just a confirmation of what she believes. The problem with that is that it makes her relationship with him feel much more shallow.
Like, Zoro thought Luffy was just some kid who talks big when he first met him, yet later Zoro wouldn't hesitate to take all of Luffy's pain and throw his pride away (asking Mihawk to train him) for Luffy's sake. When Nami first met Luffy, she used him as a bait and a bit later stole his ship. Now she would rather get her head split open than spitting on his dream. Seeing the bond growing over the years was interesting. Following Yamato just so bland
Your forgetting that Ace blurted out something that he said he shouldn't have and asked her to not laugh and to forget about it, She teared up and said she would never laugh... But continue to think shit is shallow.
Sounds like nobody else really knows what Luffy wants but 2 people now. that's something to think about.

You're spot on.

We see Luffy's bond develop with his future nakama in a natural way. All of them had their reasons for doubting at first or prior obligations but Oda gave them the proper space needed.

Just look at Brook and Jinbe. Both were asked to join and then turned it down because they had something to take care of beforehand. Brook needed to get his shadow back before he could leave the Florian Trinagle. This is the exact same situation as Yamao's handcuffs keeping her on Onigashima.

With Brook his shadow plot was introduced, was a central plot point in the arc and got resolved way down the line after a dramatic fight alongside the straw hats. Yamao's handcuffs that had been the biggest obstacle in her life for 20 whole years was resolved the very next chapter after they were introduced xD xD. I don't think people realise just how bad that is. Sanji's cuffs in WCI got more thought, emotional and narrative weight put into them. And even then, the resolution to that was ASS, but was still 10x better than what Oda gave Yamao.

Same goes for Jinbe leaving the BMP. Given a whole plot of its own, not some rushed, empty nonsense.

We didn’t know what ussop was going to be before he joined. Hell I don’t think luffy from his perspective he didn’t know what chopper was going to be. We did know as audience though as well Nami. Some fans believe jinbei role would been something else before helmsman. But at last we did see what he did in impel down and whole cake island. I think a lot fans thought jinbei would luffy’s strategist/advisor. I guess those are his secondary roles.
My point is that Jinbe has already shown us his role without us knowing beforehand whether it will really be his role. But we could guess that Chopper will be the doctor.

Usopp also showed his role as a sniper in chapter 27. Of course, we didn't know his role until later when he was on the ship, but my point is that he already showed us his role without us knowing that he would really be the sniper.

:saitahu:

design is important thinking otherwise just fooling yourself
Obviously are important, i refer a it does not work for the character to have a cool FF7 type design, if later the character is going to have 0 impact on the series or is boring and plane.

At least Carrot and Yamato have a unique design, just ignoring that their faces are like 90% of OP's female characters.

Carrot reminds me a dragon quest chars. And Yamato reminds me to Lum invader.

J

Jo_Ndule

Now that I think about it, there’s a interesting pattern that should be noted. I’m not entirely sure, correct if I’m wrong but I think each time a crew member joined the crew before Wano, he was the strongest character available on Luffy’s side.

Zoro was the strongest ally in Romance Dawn, Nami was the strongest ally in Orange Town, Usopp was the strongest ally in Syrup, Sanji was the strongest ally in Baratie, Chopper was the strongest ally in Drum Island, Robin was the strongest ally in Arabasta, Franky was the strongest in Enies Lobby and Brook was the strongest ally in Thriller Bark.

Wano is a special arc with a lot of strong allies and a war going on, Jinbe and Yamato are certainly weaker than Marco, probably weaker than Inu and Neko too. But in regard to the debate between Carrot and Yamato, strength might be an important criteria to take into consideration.
:whitepress:Yamato > Marco
Unless u think base/zoan Marco can do what base yamato does.
She's the strongest ally to Luffy beside Kidd and Law

Jinbei was the strongest in FI and strongest ally also in WCI before joining officially

Obviously are important, i refer a it does not work for the character to have a cool FF7 type design, if later the character is going to have 0 impact on the series or is boring and plane.

At least Carrot and Yamato have a unique design, just ignoring that their faces are like 90% of OP's female characters.

Carrot reminds me a dragon quest chars. And Yamato reminds me to Lum invader.
carrot doesnt tho

Status
Not open for further replies.