Current Events Why do People Expect Sanji to Solo a Calamity?

Sanji vs Calamities?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
because Sanji has connection with queen because of his father and for queen destory/damage the raid suit (then sanji gaves franky the leftovers to make a suits for nami and ussop) and have sanji get two super power ups genetic awakening and full body DJ transformation.

Even I've become somewhat doubtful of Sanji soloing a calamity but that has nothing to do with power-scaling.

Power-scaling didn't matter when he fought an apparently much superior opponent like Jabra. Carrot and Wanda aren't main characters like Sanji so that's irrelevant. Also, Sanji was testing the raid suit for the first time against Page One. He did really well in spite of that. I'm sure that current Raid suit Sanji should be able to comfortably defeat Page One without any noticeable difficulty. So yeah, Sanji is potentially and imo definitely YC level.

Now, my main reason is the 2nd reason you mentioned which is there being few opponents and far more people on our side. Although this can potentially be solved by the matchups you gave, I still not sure. BMP can also come but again, that's uncertain. I can see a Sanji + a scabbard vs Calamity where the scabbard plays a minor role in the fight (just some support) whereas Sanji is the one who defeats him.

I still think sanji should take queen for 2 main reasons.
1. Sanji needs a powerful opponent to beat to still show how strong not only he is but to maintain the sh's power. The reason the sh's are a powerful crew is because they are top heavy. Luffy zoro and sanji individually could match up with most crew's strongest fighter if not always better than second and third strongest. Luffy and zoro have both held up and been impressive so I don't see why sanji shouldn't. Sanji should be give the chance against someone strong to show how powerful he is with the RS. Even if the RS isn't enough now is as good a time as any for him to awaken his mutant gene.

2. He's really the only 1 right now that can go help marco. As much as people like to brag about marco holding 2 all stars he's gonna lose especially with pero being there now. Sanji is they only that has a shot at queen in the vicinity and just got told to go there.

Nekomamushi vs Perospero is a given so let's ignore these two.
Marco isn't defeating a calamity, he will go down or at best he will try to stop BM.

For the others, nothing is certain but the are various facts pointing toward a specific scenario:
1) Sanji and Izo vs King;
2) Chopper, Drake and Apoo vs Queen;
3) Zoro and Kawamatsu meeting Hiyori and so end up dealing with Orochi.

1) The only beast pirate Izo interacted with is King.
Sanji already clashed with King, they have a similar fighting style and design and they have a reason to fight that hasn't been explored yet: Momo and Kinemon's fate.

2) I won't go to deep into this, Queen expressed various times his desire to kill Drake and Chopper, he hates them and he tried to kill them. Apoo failed his mission and Queen tried to kill him too.

3) Zoro has no business in the live floor, he left Drake and Chopper there to handle it and he has not only expressed his desire to kill Orochi but he tried to kill him. Kawamatsu is the only one that saw the one who treated the scabbards, and she is most likely Hiyori. The link between Orochi and Hiyori is obvious too and i doubt she is going to stay on the sidelines for the entire war.

I don't expect it to be a 1 vs 1, but Izo would be defeated pretty soon and before Sanji's PU. So no 1vs1 but no team up either :goyea:

I agree a case can be made for Sanji vs Queen tho, Queen did mention Judge once.
But it's unlikely.
Other than ignoring 1) and 2), Queen is a scientist like Judge, Judge may easily appear in Kaido's flashback alongside Vegapunk without leading to Sanji vs Queen.
Sanji already accepted the RS, why would he fight Queen while Momo and Kinemon are in danger?
Not to mention a scenario that includes King being studied and tortured by Judge in PH before Queen saved him and Kaido is not such an absurd stretch. It's baseless but Queen showed no grudge towards Judge and it would be logical and perfectly in character:kayneshrug:
King being of a different race is likely to come up at a certain point.

But let's ignore everything and write some scenarios in which Sanji -or a team including Sanji- vs Queen (and so Zoro vs King since Marco won't defeat any calamity) actually happens:
A) Sanji reaches the live floor and Marco was just defeated by King and Perospero. Sanji and Izo would obviously handle King for a while, nobody else can. Chopper treats Zoro, Drake and Apoo get defeated by Queen, Chopper does what he wants and... Sanji leaves King to Zoro for reasons? :whitepress:

B)Sanji reaches the live floor, Marco is still fighting King but Drake and Apoo were just defeated by Queen. Sanji and Kawamatsu would obviously handle Queen for a while, nobody else can. Chopper treats Zoro, Chopper does what he wants after that and... Marco leaves King to Zoro for reasons or King defeats Marco and Izo (he would help Marco if he was in a dangerous situation) ?:whitepress:

C) Sanji reaches the live floor, Marco, Drake and Apoo were just defeated by King, Perospero and Queen. Sanji, Kawamatsu and Izo would obviously handle King and Queen for a while, nobody else can. Chopper treats Zoro, Chopper does what he wants, and...
C1- Sanji leaves King to Zoro for reasons? :whitepress:
C2- Sanji and Zoro vs King and Queen in a 2 vs 2?:lusalty:

D) Sanji reaches the live floor and Marco sees Zoro and goes to help him. Sanji and Izo would obviously handle King for a while, nobody else can. Chopper and Marco treat Zoro, Chopper does what he wants, and... Sanji leaves King to Marco or Zoro?:whitepress:

C2 is the likeliest scenario among the unlikely/impossible ones imo. And a 2vs2 is not far from two 1vs1s:kayneshrug:

Last edited:
It's ridiculous tbh. How the fuck will Sanji surpass Marco this early. Because Marco can't even defeat them in their base forms while he's in Hybrid. An hour of G4 tier attacks from Marco and they seem fine

Even Franky's Power Boost is reasonable compared to the shit that people are suggesting Sanji is gonna do. And even he might need Denjiiro's Help since Sasaki is a skilled Swordman with
I think, at this point, their desperation has reached a point where ridiculousness is something they accept as long as their fanfiction becomes real.

Sanji has already fallen far behind Luffy and Zoro.....
Agreed. This is something so many people fail or outright refuse to accept. :cheers:

If Sanji is still anywhere near Luffy and Zoro, he would have made it to Roof Piece, plain and simple. That was Oda's boldest statement about this dynamic and lots of people just look the other way, smh. :whitepress:

S

Shelby

RS Sanji could not even defeat Pay Pay.
And? Law couldn’t defeat Doflamingo and now he’s injuring and reacting to Kaido. Zoro was struggling against Denshiro earlier and then performed well against Kaido. Yamato couldn’t even put down Ulti after an off-guard attack and she’s probably going to be injuring Kaido. Luffy has learner advanced CotC out of nowhere and after his latest ass kicking, is probably going to learn another power up. Kidd is also probably about to injure Big Mom.

So saying “Sanji couldn’t defeat Page 1” in an arc where Oda keeps giving every good guy a power up doesn’t make any sense. Sanji will defeat Queen on his own regardless of his previous performance against Page One.

Doesn't this argument also apply to Nami and Usopp?

Nami had far more buildup with Ulti as her opponent:
  • Ulti defeated her already
  • While Ulti was threatening her she declared that Luffy will not stop until he becomes Pirate King
  • Ulti spent a while chasing her
  • She struck down Ulti with her lightning (twice)
  • Ulti hurt Tama
  • She vowed that she will defeat Ulti
  • She resolved her self to stop running and challenged Ulti head on
And yet Nami doesn't get to defeat Ulti solo. Linlin took out Ulti. If Ulti recovers, she would likely be weakened.

If Oda is willing to prevent Nami from taking down Ulti by herself despite the extensive build-up for Nami vs Ulti, then I don't think the superficial setup for Sanji vs Queen/King is sufficient to grant Sanji a solo victory.
Yeah but you cannot act as if Nami and Usopp are seen in the same light as Sanji fighting wise.
Oda put more emphasis in Sanji’s fighting prowess than in Nami’s and Usopp’s.

Now, obviously, nothing is granted or absolute but, as I said, I do not see anyone bar the calamities to show us the limit of the RS. And I do think that Oda will show us the limit of the RS this arc.
But I’m open-minded on the fact that Sanji fight someone else because of Oda curveball fetish:kayneshrug: